MobiStaff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
What a successful year it has been!!

1/1/17:

24 MobiMembers embarked on the Project 365 journey

12 MobiMembers embarked on the Project 52 journey

All should be congratulated for attempting this daunting challenge!!

12/31/17:

10 Mobimembers completed their Projects 365 (that’s over 40% of those who started; a success rate never seen before)!! Let’s give a big round of applause to Eva (ubbyisis), Dave (davegray), Dee (MsDee), Star (Starzee), John (sinnerjohn), Jilly (JillyG), Rog (Venomator), Sandra (sdimbour), Ryn (Ryn S) and Jerry (juryjone)!! There are also two people, Lynne (Lynne.Peterson) and Jeffrey (dscheff), who started their Projects 365 on October 18 and November 19 respectively. We look forward to them wrapping up their projects next Fall.

4 Mobimembers completed their Projects 52 (one-third of those who started)! Keep the applause going for Catherine (RoseCat), Mel (mwolfer), Laura (West End Girl), and Lisa (lisamjw). There were also several participants Larry (Lzed) and David (deepop) who actually posted way more than 52 images but stopped before the year was quite finished! And, then there was Gouvey (GroovyGouvy) who started posting images in her P52 thread but finished up the challenge in the Time Stamp thread!

NOTE...

We should take a moment to recognize Jan Gray (jangray). Jan was on pace to finish her project and would have but for significant medical circumstances beyond her control. She plans to finish hers in due course.

All in all it was a great year filled with great images (my sincerest apologies if I have miscounted or left someone off the list)!! Looking forward to more fabulous photos in 2018!

By the way, it would be great if some/all of our finishers would post their thoughts about their successes (e.g. staying motivated; staying organized; choosing a theme and did that work out; other words of wisdom).

Last edited:
YAY its over ! :D

I've posted a few thoughts at the end of my 365 thread already. I see a few people have (like me) ended differently to how they started. So maybe I'd say that was a lesson learned on choices for a 365, i.e don't make things too complicated!
I wanted to do just one colour image a month and then the rest b/w. It didn't take that long for me to miss making colour images though :rolleyes:
When you start, you know its going to be tough but then you realise how tough it really is about 3/4 of the way through :lol:

I'm amazed that there are 6 people embarking on another 365, you must be made of stronger stuff than me.......or just mad :lmao:
But best of luck with that and I'll be commenting :thumbs:

Lisa, I’d like to thank you for all the support. It really helped me keep going.
Star raises a good point there. What makes the 365 and 52's easier is the support from fellow Mobi Members. You Lisa being one of the biggest champions.
Sometimes the 365 thread feels like a dark little alleyway where not many people are brave enough to go. Support is key, and that's why I'll be there commenting and championing the ones that do.

Star raises a good point there. What makes the 365 and 52's easier is the support from fellow Mobi Members. You Lisa being one of the biggest champions.
Sometimes the 365 thread feels like a dark little alleyway where not many people are brave enough to go. Support is key, and that's why I'll be there commenting and championing the ones that do.

Me, too!

I’ve just presented my first book “365 Days with an iPhone camera” to iTunes for it to be validated. I given MobiTog a big push in the introduction and Epilogue. All my 365 themes with dialogue are included in the the book.

I’m pricing it at £4.99 but I will donate £3 for every book sold to “ Mobitoggers”, to MobiTog to help with running costs.

I will drop a note when the book is online at iTunes. All you have to do is tell me you’ve bought it and i’ll donate the proceeds at the end of each month.

If it wasn’t for MobiTog I would not have been able to complete the project. The comradeship is second to non. The theme basis which I did for the project enabled me to focus on the photo and not just aimlessly take a photo because I had to. I will continue with this theme basis this year but reduce the number of themes to 92 to make it easier to come up with a photo opportunity. Jan is doing the same but in the 52-2018 project.

Nice work everyone.
I was following and commenting on many threads at the start of the year but had a hiccup half way through and couldn't carry on. I plan to spend most of tomorrow catching up where I can. I'll be at work.... don't tell the boss :)

I’ve just presented my first book “365 Days with an iPhone camera” to iTunes for it to be validated. I given MobiTog a big push in the introduction and Epilogue. All my 365 themes with dialogue are included in the the book.

I’m pricing it at £4.99 but I will donate £3 for every book sold to “ Mobitoggers”, to MobiTog to help with running costs.

I will drop a note when the book is online at iTunes. All you have to do is tell me you’ve bought it and i’ll donate the proceeds at the end of each month.

If it wasn’t for MobiTog I would not have been able to complete the project. The comradeship is second to non. The theme basis which I did for the project enabled me to focus on the photo and not just aimlessly take a photo because I had to. I will continue with this theme basis this year but reduce the number of themes to 92 to make it easier to come up with a photo opportunity. Jan is doing the same but in the 52-2018 project.
[CLAPPING][/CLAPPING]

Wow Dave, you also finished your book as if the thread wasn’t enough! I remember seeing your first pages back in February. Great work [emoji1303][emoji257]

:notworthy:

What a successful year it has been!!

1/1/17:

24 MobiMembers embarked on the Project 365 journey

12 MobiMembers embarked on the Project 52 journey

All should be congratulated for attempting this daunting challenge!!

12/31/17:

10 Mobimembers completed their Projects 365 (that’s over 40% of those who started; a success rate never seen before)!! Let’s give a big round of applause to Eva (ubbyisis), Dave (davegray), Dee (MsDee), Star (Starzee), John (sinnerjohn), Jilly (JillyG), Rog (Venomator), Sandra (sdimbour), Ryn (Ryn S) and Jerry (juryjone)!! There are also two people, Lynne (Lynne.Peterson) and Jeffrey (dscheff), who started their Projects 365 on October 18 and November 19 respectively. We look forward to them wrapping up their projects next Fall.

4 Mobimembers completed their Projects 52 (one-third of those who started)! Keep the applause going for Catherine (RoseCat), Mel (mwolfer), Laura (West End Girl), and Lisa (lisamjw). There were also several participants Larry (Lzed) and David (deepop) who actually posted way more than 52 images but stopped before the year was quite finished! And, then there was Gouvey (GroovyGouvy) who started posting images in her P52 thread but finished up the challenge in the Time Stamp thread!

NOTE...

We should take a moment to recognize Jan Gray (jangray). Jan was on pace to finish her project and would have but for significant medical circumstances beyond her control. She plans to finish hers in due course.

All in all it was a great year filled with great images (my sincerest apologies if I have miscounted or left someone off the list)!! Looking forward to more fabulous photos in 2018!

By the way, it would be great if some/all of our finishers would post their thoughts about their successes (e.g. staying motivated; staying organized; choosing a theme and did that work out; other words of wisdom).
Well dearest Lisa, what is there left to say... :whistle:

You have, once again, been an absolute rock to all of our MobiTog 365ers and 52ers and for that we humbly thank you... :notworthy:

Without your constant support, kind comments and ‘Likes’ I am sure many of us may have wavered on more than one occasion... ;)

And, to cap it all, you provide us with an awesome summary of all that has gone before in our various endeavours... :)

And I believe we would all echo your thoughts in respect of one half of the Grays, we all wish Jan (jangray ) a continued and full recovery so she might get some normality back in her life and even maybe finish her 365... ;)

Just, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU... :inlove: :D

Wowsas Dave... :eek:

That is a brilliant achievement sir with an extremely kind and generous offer from you regarding sales to MobiMembers, thank you so much Dave... :notworthy:

We wish you well with your publication and look forward to hearing all about it when it goes ‘Live’... :D

That is a brilliant achievement sir with an extremely kind and generous offer from you regarding sales to MobiMembers, thank you so much Dave... :notworthy:

We wish you well with your publication and look forward to hearing all about it when it goes ‘Live’... :D

Oh my! davegray you absolutely ROCK! We absolutely LOVE seeing so many stunning iMages from all over the world, but with our ever increasing membership, and the ever expanding resolution of iMages, our server costs are a serious consideration. This makes your very awesome and generous offer all the more welcome.

Thank you!

Well dearest Lisa, what is there left to say... :whistle:

You have, once again, been an absolute rock to all of our MobiTog 365ers and 52ers and for that we humbly thank you... :notworthy:

Without your constant support, kind comments and ‘Likes’ I am sure many of us may have wavered on more than one occasion... ;)

And, to cap it all, you provide us with an awesome summary of all that has gone before in our various endeavours... :)

And I believe we would all echo your thoughts in respect of one half of the Grays, we all wish Jan (jangray ) a continued and full recovery so she might get some normality back in her life and even maybe finish her 365... ;)

Just, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU... :inlove: :D
Lisa, I’d like to thank you for all the support. It really helped me keep going.
Thank you for the shout-outs but y'all are way too kind. :inlove: I forgot to point out in the summary that there was an unprecedented level of support from everyone this year. I think that's due, in part, to the fact that there were so many of you who soldiered on and finished the project 365 and were there to support each other!

Very cool, not to mention, generous Dave!

Last edited:
Thank you for the shout-outs but y'all are way too kind. :inlove: I forgot to point out in the summary that there was an unprecedented level of support from everyone this year. I think that's due, in part, to the fact that there were so many of you who soldiered on and finished the project 365 and were there to support each other!

Very cool not to mention generous, Dave!
Yes, it was a great year! Definitely the year to do it. My year felt like a graveyard in comparison.

It went live today, but struggling to see where it is in iBooks store. Think the following link takes you directly to the book in iBooks store.

365 Days with an iPhone Camera by Dave Gray https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/365-days-with-an-iphone-camera/id1330648644?mt=11

Like I said anyone purchasing it will indirectly be donating £3 to MobiTog administration. There’s a sample of the book to download if anyone wants a peek view.

If anyone does decide to buy a copy, please say so on this thread and at end of month i’ll Send MobiTog £3 x number of copies sold.

Not sure Rog whether I should make a separate thread, but that sounds too much like i’m Pushing the book too much.After all MobiTog isn’t a sales media.

It went live today, but struggling to see where it is in iBooks store. Think the following link takes you directly to the book in iBooks store.

365 Days with an iPhone Camera by Dave Gray https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/365-days-with-an-iphone-camera/id1330648644?mt=11

Like I said anyone purchasing it will indirectly be donating £3 to MobiTog administration. There’s a sample of the book to download if anyone wants a peek view.

If anyone does decide to buy a copy, please say so on this thread and at end of month i’ll Send MobiTog £3 x number of copies sold.

Not sure Rog whether I should make a separate thread, but that sounds too much like i’m Pushing the book too much.After all MobiTog isn’t a sales media.

I just clicked Köp - that’s Swedish for Buy [emoji2]

Great stuff Dave, the linky worked fine and my purchase went without a hitch sir, thank you so much... :notworthy:

It is a superb record of your first year of a Mobi365 and a jolly good read to boot, you should be very proud and I am sure other MobiMembers may be pestering you for the detailed How To Guide (perhaps in your separate thread?)... :whistle:

And thank you so much for the kind mentions too... :thumbs:

We will have no problem with a separate thread Dave, especially as you have kindly offered your generosity as part of MobiMember saes, go for it (accessories & Phones is probably the logical place?)... :D

Purchased! :inlove: What a wonderful idea, and the epitome of why I love MobiTog and it’s members. xoxo

And what a gorgeous book it is, Dave! Bravo! An epic endeavor, not only in undertaking and completing the 365 project, but then compiling it all in a book, complete with explanations! :notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom