Ann’s Arty Attempts

If people want to manipulate general images, that’s up to them and I have no problem with that as long as they are not submitted in a mobile contest. Just me, but I do personally dismiss images I think people didn’t take themselves as inferior. I do think people should make more of an effort to take street photos to get images of people to use or take photos of shop window mannequins.

Then again, used with the subjects permission.

Apps: Affinity, iColorama, Snapseed, Photoshop Mix, Artomaton to finish off.

737813DE-DF94-4D5F-8EE9-4ED8D499926F.jpeg

Not really sure where I’m heading :confused: At least I am starting to get my head around Affinity. One thing I just can’t understand is how to get a completely opaque brush. You always seem to have to brush over several times to get a complete covering.

Apps: iColorama, Affinity, Glaze, Procreate

2E3679D6-A7EE-4F30-9386-DE9AE02B2496.jpeg

These are gorgeous, Ann! The first bird collage is so pretty with that muted palette and look of tissue paper texture. Lovely writing card. I love the way the ‘tissue’ overflows the lines.

I love the second bird collage for its richness of colour & texture - that bronze is beautiful. I like the image just as well with or without the top layer, too.

And the dandelion collage :inlove: right up my alley :thumbs: :notworthy: :)

Apps: Affinity, iColorama, Snapseed, Photoshop Mix, Artomaton to finish off.

View attachment 104444

Apps: Affinity, iColorama, Fontmania, Snapseed

View attachment 104445

Apps: Affinity, iColorama, Adobe Capture

Where the crow flies..
View attachment 104446

WOW. These are simply fabulous.... you are on a major roll, girl! :inlove: :notworthy: So love the colors, textures and elements in "Where the crow flies..."

These are gorgeous, Ann! The first bird collage is so pretty with that muted palette and look of tissue paper texture. Lovely writing card. I love the way the ‘tissue’ overflows the lines.

I love the second bird collage for its richness of colour & texture - that bronze is beautiful. I like the image just as well with or without the top layer, too.

And the dandelion collage :inlove: right up my alley :thumbs: :notworthy: :)
WOW. These are simply fabulous.... you are on a major roll, girl! :inlove: :notworthy: So love the colors, textures and elements in "Where the crow flies..."
Thank you both. They are all so different. I still can’t find my ‘style’ :confused:.

Not really sure where I’m heading :confused: At least I am starting to get my head around Affinity. One thing I just can’t understand is how to get a completely opaque brush. You always seem to have to brush over several times to get a complete covering.

View attachment 104754
I know what you mean about the brush opacity. It’s really annoying because this is not a problem in other, cheaper apps. I can’t see how to do it too and I’ve been through the many (many!) options.

I know what you mean about the brush opacity. It’s really annoying because this is not a problem in other, cheaper apps. I can’t see how to do it too and I’ve been through the many (many!) options.
Right, I think I’ve done it! I’ve created my own brush!

So tap the brush tool on the right, then tap the square box at the top and choose Add Category. It will call it Brushes but if you go back and choose Rename Category you can call it what you like. Now select New Round Brush.
5F9AC370-AAA0-4203-A196-99B8CBE69DC0.jpeg

Under General, these were my settings. I wanted to start with a fairly thin brush so the size is quite small and I also made a fat one later.
1BB59A39-3739-4187-B1AD-BA5C625CDC42.png

Under Dynamics I choose this:
FF5DF967-FCD1-4293-B6E9-F3055145CFC2.png

The size which I have set to 49% gives it a slight taper at the start and finish. I made a small one with a taper and a fat one without - see image below.

There should be no images in the texture section.

Once you have set this, make sure that the paint brush at the bottom with the drip is unselected.

5BF7C12A-5B43-4456-B17B-0744A799288D.jpeg

Hope this works for you!

I used to struggle with that.... now I've just become "one" with the fact that I don't have one. o_O I'm eclectic and like too many different types of things/looks etc.
Ditto. It still annoys me a tiny bit that I can’t perfect one “style”, but hey ho.:rolleyes:
Maybe it’s our personality. Want to try too many different things and not the type to stick with one thing and perfect it. I am the kind of person who gets bored easily.

Maybe it’s our personality. Want to try too many different things and not the type to stick with one thing and perfect it. I am the kind of person who gets bored easily.
But you produce such beautiful collages - I would say that you do have a style, but it might not be the one that you want. The images that you’ve posted here are just lovely.

Right, I think I’ve done it! I’ve created my own brush!

So tap the brush tool on the right, then tap the square box at the top and choose Add Category. It will call it Brushes but if you go back and choose Rename Category you can call it what you like. Now select New Round Brush.
View attachment 104770

Under General, these were my settings. I wanted to start with a fairly thin brush so the size is quite small and I also made a fat one later.
View attachment 104768

Under Dynamics I choose this:
View attachment 104769
The size which I have set to 49% gives it a slight taper at the start and finish. I made a small one with a taper and a fat one without - see image below.

There should be no images in the texture section.

Once you have set this, make sure that the paint brush at the bottom with the drip is unselected.

View attachment 104771

Hope this works for you!
I’ll try it and let you know. But if you say it works, then I’m sure it does.

But you produce such beautiful collages - I would say that you do have a style, but it might not be the one that you want. The images that you’ve posted here are just lovely.

I think it takes more time to find your centre. And when you think you know what it is it keeps evolving. There are so many exciting new things to try and explore. Maybe that is a style in itself. It may take years for something unique to yourself will emerge and others will see it first. Maybe you’re an explorer. In any case, don’t worry, be happy.

I think it takes more time to find your centre. And when you think you know what it is it keeps evolving. There are so many exciting new things to try and explore. Maybe that is a style in itself. It may take years for something unique to yourself will emerge and others will see it first. Maybe you’re an explorer. In any case, don’t worry, be happy.
:thumbs:

View attachment 104754
This is a very nice body of work Ann :):thumbs: This one though is my favorite ;)

Back
Top Bottom