Ann’s Arty Attempts

I so often start off with an image and end up with something entirely different from what I intended. I was trying to get a graphic look to the image but I suppose I have ended up more with a cartoon look.

Here is the end result using Imaengine, IC, Snapseed and Grungetastic.
446D9B18-0D63-42C8-AC24-8F948B3AAEF1.jpeg

Here is the original:
034058F2-67F3-48BB-95F6-41BD1AA8AF01.jpeg

Another image completely different and not close to what I intended. I wondered whether I could produce some of the rich flower images created by
Gianluca Ricoveri.

However, looking at his images again, I think he must start off with strong HDR images. I don’t like all his stuff. Some of it is oversaturated in my mind.

97E6E632-30F8-48DA-99E1-26632770EBE0.png

The Ryder Cup is over (THE golf tournament to watch for those who don’t know - US vs Europe) and I’m emotionally exausted so time to unwind with a simple manip. Thought I would go for a simple painterly look in IC and finished off the second try in Distressed FS. Took this pic on Thursday during a trip down to Barton-on-Sea on a sublime day.

View attachment 115046

View attachment 115047
What a beautiful edit!
So who won? The Yanks or the Brits? :D

I so often start off with an image and end up with something entirely different from what I intended. I was trying to get a graphic look to the image but I suppose I have ended up more with a cartoon look.

Here is the end result using Imaengine, IC, Snapseed and Grungetastic.
View attachment 115050
Here is the original:
View attachment 115051
I really like the transformation. It makes a rather plain image look really interesting... love the colors, and the way the edit makes the metal bits look.

Another image completely different and not close to what I intended. I wondered whether I could produce some of the rich flower images created by
Gianluca Ricoveri.

However, looking at his images again, I think he must start off with strong HDR images. I don’t like all his stuff. Some of it is oversaturated in my mind.

View attachment 115052
Lovely... quite a unique edit... you’ve made it all your own.

What a beautiful edit!
So who won? The Yanks or the Brits? :D
The Europeans - it’s the UK and Europe vs US. It’s held every 2 years and the Yanks gave us a hiding 2 years ago in the US and this year it was held in France. The crowds in the respective countries are very partisan so it makes a big difference.

The Ryder Cup is over (THE golf tournament to watch for those who don’t know - US vs Europe) and I’m emotionally exausted so time to unwind with a simple manip. Thought I would go for a simple painterly look in IC and finished off the second try in Distressed FS. Took this pic on Thursday during a trip down to Barton-on-Sea on a sublime day.

View attachment 115046

View attachment 115047

Love this - the long line of cabins and that one solitary woman, out like a light. Great painterly Edit, too :)

View attachment 115046

View attachment 115047
What a great image! I particularly love the first one. As Jen says, the composition is wonderful.:thumbs::notworthy:

I wondered whether I could produce some of the rich flower images created by
Gianluca Ricoveri.
I like many of his images also, although like you, not all of them. If you haven't seen it, he has a web site at ricoveri.net where there's a page with links to various interviews where he talks about what he's trying to do and how. There's also a workflow walkthrough for one of his landscape images.

https://www.ricoveri.net/art-of-mob-interview/

(The links all go to PDFs of the original web pages. I assume he did this to avoid the possibility of the web pages disappearing at some point.)

I like many of his images also, although like you, not all of them. If you haven't seen it, he has a web site at ricoveri.net where there's a page with links to various interviews where he talks about what he's trying to do and how. There's also a workflow walkthrough for one of his landscape images.

(The links all go to PDFs of the original web pages. I assume he did this to avoid the possibility of the web pages disappearing at some point.)
Yes, I read this. It must have been a little while ago, because a couple of the apps are now defunct. I wonder what he uses now instead of them.

Thanks for that!

Back
Top Bottom