Ann’s Arty Attempts

I didn’t think to photograph it before I put it outside. Doh! *slaps forehead* :D
I’ve done this a few times.... Once was on a hike, and suddenly, in some bushes/trees right next to me on a narrow path, were 2 deer. They were just a few feet away, looking at me. I looked back at them for awhile, whispered hello, then slowly walked away so that I didn’t scare them. Later I thought “Oh man!!! They were soooo close the photo would have been amazing!!!” But at the time I didn’t even think of it.... was just in the moment. :neutral:

I’ve done this a few times.... Once was on a hike, and suddenly, in some bushes/trees right next to me on a narrow path, were 2 deer. They were just a few feet away, looking at me. I looked back at them for awhile, whispered hello, then slowly walked away so that I didn’t scare them. Later I thought “Oh man!!! They were soooo close the photo would have been amazing!!!” But at the time I didn’t even think of it.... was just in the moment. :neutral:

Not quite as ‘in touch with nature’, but I was in my local hip cool cafe, one of those hippie meets hipster places with bicycles on the ceiling and mason jar lights and the chairs are all ex-primary school wooden chairs or 60’s vinyl, and the local hip cool professionals (ie me :mobibabe: ) go to plug in our laptops and (in my case) earplugs bcs of the godawful music, and look intensely at our screens while we read email or browse Pinterest...

And all at once, the cafe turns red. A host, a crowd of red-hatted ladies — seemed like hundreds of them, chattering like the parrots in the park - every single one of them over 60, and in every kind of red hat you could imagine... the noise was deafening and they skittered around doing whatever old ladies in red hats do in hip cool cafes (not a laptop to be seen, mind) . And then they were gone.. like they’d never been there. Except maybe for the enormous pile of discarded teapots and half-eaten scones and jam and cream. And it was fully two weeks before I realised I might not see that sight again in my lifetime and it had never occurred to me to pick up my phone

Not quite as ‘in touch with nature’, but I was in my local hip cool cafe, one of those hippie meets hipster places with bicycles on the ceiling and mason jar lights and the chairs are all ex-primary school wooden chairs or 60’s vinyl, and the local hip cool professionals (ie me :mobibabe: ) go to plug in our laptops and (in my case) earplugs bcs of the godawful music, and look intensely at our screens while we read email or browse Pinterest...

And all at once, the cafe turns red. A host, a crowd of red-hatted ladies — seemed like hundreds of them, chattering like the parrots in the park - every single one of them over 60, and in every kind of red hat you could imagine... the noise was deafening and they skittered around doing whatever old ladies in red hats do in hip cool cafes (not a laptop to be seen, mind) . And then they were gone.. like they’d never been there. Except maybe for the enormous pile of discarded teapots and half-eaten scones and jam and cream. And it was fully two weeks before I realised I might not see that sight again in my lifetime and it had never occurred to me to pick up my phone
What a fantastic story. :inlove: :lol: :inlove:
You could create one of your fabulous art pieces in honor of the occasion... “Red Hatted Ladies in a Cool Cafe”.

Oh heck, what a missed opportunity! :lol:

That shows me that the animal’s welfare is subconsciously more important to you than a prize photo. I hear too many stories of people getting nature photos at all cost with no consideration for the creature’s wellbeing. :mad:

Strangely, we found one on the floor last night. I didn’t think to photograph it before I put it outside. Doh! *slaps forehead* :D Lovely edit Ann. You’ve given the wings and irridescence.
I put mine outside too but it flapped wildly between my cupped hands and I do worry that doing so might be more traumatic to it than just leaving it alone. An article I read said that creatures feel a lot more than we realised in the past. I do hope that my acts of kindness are indeed such.

Oh heck, what a missed opportunity! :lol:

Right? :oops: Doubt anyone else on MobiTog would’ve missed it (let alone waited two weeks for the possibility of a cool photo to struggle its way to the front of his/her brain). And the worst part: unlike our RoseCat , I wasn’t held back by compassion or sensitivity - it just never occurred to me :zip:

Strangely, we found one on the floor last night. I didn’t think to photograph it before I put it outside. Doh! *slaps forehead* :D Lovely edit Ann. You’ve given the wings and irridescence.

Sometimes the only image we have is the one in our memory.

With the bird feeder on the window working so well I decided to try some images on the area where the birds perch before flying in. This gives it a more natural setting. The distance from the window is about one and a half metres and with the Moment tele lens on the the 7+ tele lens I was hoping that the birds might be closer but they are still a fair distance away and the detail is not sharp but good for a manipulation.

Here I’ve used Artomation and Graphite blended together. Might be my email Christmas card I send out this year!

1CD47CF7-F463-4A4C-B0BC-23A7326202D0.png

Original with a twig removed in Retouch and some Snapseeding.
B8E4CB59-4548-422E-A6CF-A772C05913D9.jpeg

With the bird feeder on the window working so well I decided to try some images on the area where the birds perch before flying in. This gives it a more natural setting. The distance from the window is about one and a half metres and with the Moment tele lens on the the 7+ tele lens I was hoping that the birds might be closer but they are still a fair distance away and the detail is not sharp but good for a manipulation.

Here I’ve used Artomation and Graphite blended together. Might be my email Christmas card I send out this year!

View attachment 151857

View attachment 151859
That’s super Ann. You should definitely use it for your “cards”.

View attachment 151857

View attachment 151859
Just lovely, and perfect for a Christmas card. What a beautiful bird.

View attachment 151857

View attachment 151859
That is just perfect!

With no internet, it means needing to be creative with the few images I took in Oz:

View attachment 152614
iColorama, Snapseed, ImaEngine
I enjoyed all three of these images but I’m particularly draw to this one. Colors? The dandelion? not sure why, but I really like it.

I also love it when you mention Oz.

Gorgeous. Love it.
Fabulous colours. The ground looks like it’s on fire.
I enjoyed all three of these images but I’m particularly draw to this one. Colors? The dandelion? not sure why, but I really like it.

I also love it when you mention Oz.
Thanks, Ladies. Yes, I agree Star, that first image just worked. I’d put that on my wall whereas I wouldn’t the others.

Back
Top Bottom