Ann’s Arty Attempts

What with the FotoDa fever, I have been doing a couple of shakes but changing them a bit

Here I blended the results back with one of the original images in IC and then gave it a painterly twist in Glaze.

7889844C-0791-41D1-A958-123B167387EA.jpeg

An original with a slightly changed background and added Glaze. Didn’t feel like I got this completely right.
E961423F-157C-494C-A0EF-27E12AF77C67.png

This was supposed to be a FotoDa image but was done from scratch and rather inspired by the FotoDa image
95E1B695-A1D0-4110-AA19-8A2E888E71FF.jpeg

What with the FotoDa fever, I have been doing a couple of shakes but changing them a bit

Here I blended the results back with one of the original images in IC and then gave it a painterly twist in Glaze.

View attachment 153783

An original with a slightly changed background and added Glaze. Didn’t feel like I got this completely right.
View attachment 153784

This was supposed to be a FotoDa image but was done from scratch and rather inspired by the FotoDa image
View attachment 153782
Beautiful!!!

Messing about with the automatic selection in Procreate which can be pretty tricky. Created the background and then ran versions through SuperPhoto and Glaze which I blended in IC. Added a border in Snapseed.
View attachment 154526
BEautiful. I love the colours. I haven’t tried the auto selection in Procreate. I laboriously tap around the subject with the selection tool. Even Enlight and Superimpose are better. :rolleyes: But then, after it’s selected, you can do all kinds of things with it in Procreate.

View attachment 153783

View attachment 153784

View attachment 153782
Love the painterly effect on that 3rd one, really nice.

BEautiful. I love the colours. I haven’t tried the auto selection in Procreate. I laboriously tap around the subject with the selection tool. Even Enlight and Superimpose are better. :rolleyes: But then, after it’s selected, you can do all kinds of things with it in Procreate.
Thanks, Jilly. I wanted to use shapes to cut out bits of an image to see the image below and the automatic selection works great for this But it does take a while to understand. Also you can save selections and apply them again.

Love the painterly effect on that 3rd one, really nice.
I really like the texture on the first and third. It's like handmade paper. And in the third one, the top half is striking enough to be another image on its own. Great work.
And this one's even better.
Thanks folks. I’m becoming quite partial to using Glaze to make images painterly. I either blend it with the original or put it over the original with reduced opacity because the effects are rather strong.

Ok, juryjone , I now officially love Pastello. I haven’t spent much time trying to understand how the different paint types work or the settings but after pressing the dice enough times I eventually get what I want.

AD2C8B92-E63D-41DB-A8CC-09BECD97D676.jpeg

Imaengine, iColorama, Procreate, Affinity Designer, Inkwork and finished off in Pastello.

Ok, juryjone , I now officially love Pastello. I haven’t spent much time trying to understand how the different paint types work or the settings but after pressing the dice enough times I eventually get what I want.

I’m not really doing much from scratch, but I am doing some modification of presets, like adding some color back to a charcoal preset by adding a low-opacity pastel just above the paper. I have exactly one user preset that I built. I wonder if there’s a way to share them? I’ll look into it.

Back
Top Bottom