Ann’s Arty Attempts

I prefer #1 for the same reasons as David deepop. And the Pastello drops out the text details I like so much.

I like Nicki’s tutorials but I don’t ever learn anything. I spent $10 on a Kindle book on mobile art and not only did I not learn anything, but I disagreed on many points and the whole style of teaching. But I liked most of the author’s results.

Most of my tutorials are app-specific, showing the nuts and bolts of working the app. That comes from my years as a mainframe software developer, writing code and then writing the manuals to explain each screen. Sometimes I branched out and showed the steps that led to a finished work, although that was usually entirely within iColorama, so didn’t include my usual app-hopping. Becoming more specific on a work or style rather than an app means fewer people will learn from it. And there are a lot of books and tutorials that aren’t specific enough on style or apps, and I’m not really sure what anyone learns from them.

that why we want to keep you, Jerry :inlove:

I’m with the ‘muted colours’ group :thumbs: And like Star I’m impressed with the white outlining - clever & different.

If I think about it, I gain more from the occasional tip than a full blown course. I’m a computer geek too and actually spent about 3 years entirely writing computer training courses in my early thirties although I was mainly an analyst programmer. (hah, did some JCL programming in my middle twenties). I’ve always been pretty much self taught and have a real tenacity to work things out for myself so I seldom get my moneys worth from a course unless I know nothing.

I judge my own work by what I would be prepared to hang on my wall. I’ve enjoyed the challenge of trying to mimic a style but I haven’t liked anything I’ve done to put it on my wall and as much as I have enjoyed seeing Nicky’s creations, it’s also not what I would hang on my wall.

I actually love well manipulated photos and some of your clever abstracts.

Here’s a list of your stuff that I bookmarked from your 2018 365 Project which is more the type of thing I like.

https://mobitog.com/threads/juryjone’s-project-365-2018-messing-around-again.23063/post-365296

https://mobitog.com/threads/juryjone’s-project-365-2018-messing-around-again.23063/post-374983

https://mobitog.com/threads/juryjone’s-project-365-2018-messing-around-again.23063/post-383607

https://mobitog.com/threads/juryjone’s-project-365-2018-messing-around-again.23063/post-385435

https://mobitog.com/threads/juryjone’s-project-365-2018-messing-around-again.23063/post-389080

https://mobitog.com/threads/juryjone’s-project-365-2018-messing-around-again.23063/post-405606

Abstract
https://mobitog.com/threads/juryjone’s-project-365-2018-messing-around-again.23063/post-371298
Thank you! Those are some interesting choices!

I also want to thank you because your confidence in your own work, picking out bits and pieces and reworking them your own way, helps me deal with my own work. I wouldn’t hang all of the 1200 or so images I’ve posted here, but I wouldn’t be embarrassed to see any of them hung.

Looking Down on the World from Inside

F658F3EF-91EE-4774-A513-C235CEFFB04A.jpeg

Started off with some daisies that I ran through FotoDa. A bit blah so I decided to overlay some maps (finally started attacking the loft and found old maps that I photographed). Then while looking through my camera I found a pair of accidental legs :lol: and the rest of the idea came from that.

Apps: FotoDa, SuperImposeX, ImaEngine, Procreate, iColorama, Adobe Capture and finished off with PhotoToaster.

View attachment 158181

Started off with some daisies that I ran through FotoDa. A bit blah so I decided to overlay some maps (finally started attacking the loft and found old maps that I photographed). Then while looking through my camera I found a pair of accidental legs :lol: and the rest of the idea came from that.

Apps: FotoDa, SuperImposeX, ImaEngine, Procreate, iColorama, Adobe Capture and finished off with PhotoToaster.
Brilliant. Love it.

I’ve also been doing a lot of Procreate brushes using shape, patterns and brushes in the Adobe Capture app.

Brushes
Adobe Capture makes the most spectacular brushes but you can’t save them sadly unless you have an iCloud subscription. I also don’t know how well they would then convert into Procreate brushes. But you can trial them out on the page and cheat by taking a screenshot to use in your art. Here are some to show you. You might recognise some of the elements from my previous post.

34C65E32-D63E-4DF5-A0B6-B517E436C531.jpeg

The last three are all examples of what you can do with one flower image.

I did take the result of the middle image which was originally one doodle arrow and make this brush in Procreate with two different settings:

42B5CDDB-309A-4DB5-8F9E-FF2E0964E364.png

Just for fun I stamped a lot of the brushes in Procreate with some blending and then melded it in Trigraphy.
38E385CF-5EAF-44F8-9396-9369BA476A50.jpeg

More exciting for me was the ability to create patterns in Adobe Capture and then translate them into brushes In Procreate. If anybody is interested I can put together a tutorial.

It’s easy to get stuck down a rabbit hole with the pattern thing. It’s endless.

Here is a sample of patterns I generated in Adobe Pattern:
E3772452-1814-43B5-99BD-B1EB6D33D278.jpeg

Here is a starting image. Then the pattern I generated and after some jiggery-pockery, the brush created and used in Procreate plus another example. Tip: to create a pattern brush in Procreate, add the repeating pattern image to the Grain and not the Shape setting.
FBBE7877-9FC1-4341-9F35-39DB5B1E7BED.jpeg

View attachment 158181

Fab

More exciting for me was the ability to create patterns in Adobe Capture and then translate them into brushes In Procreate. If anybody is interested I can put together a tutorial.

It’s easy to get stuck down a rabbit hole with the pattern thing. It’s endless.

Here is a sample of patterns I generated in Adobe Pattern:
View attachment 158185

Here is a starting image. Then the pattern I generated and after some jiggery-pockery, the brush created and used in Procreate plus another example. Tip: to create a pattern brush in Procreate, add the repeating pattern image to the Grain and not the Shape setting.
View attachment 158186
Is anybody interested???? Of course we are!! :D

View attachment 158181

Wonderful look to this one. :notworthy: I was very surprised to read that FotoDa was involved as it usually leaves its fingerprints all over anything it touches!

Wow. you‘re so creative, Ann. I would never think to do a tenth of the things you come up with.

And the bee-pattern-brush looks so like a quilt!
(do you use iCreate for patterns? My sis does, but I get all tangled up with .... I’m not sure what, but no patterns are produced :lmao: )

Wonderful look to this one. :notworthy: I was very surprised to read that FotoDa was involved as it usually leaves its fingerprints all over anything it touches!
Actually only the flowers were pulled out of the FotoDa version and I could just as easily have pulled it off the original because in both cases the flowers were white. :rolleyes:

Wow. you‘re so creative, Ann. I would never think to do a tenth of the things you come up with.

And the bee-pattern-brush looks so like a quilt!
(do you use iCreate for patterns? My sis does, but I get all tangled up with .... I’m not sure what, but no patterns are produced :lmao: )
No, just Adobe Pattern in the Adobe Capture app.

Wholey Moley! I have been wrestling with making procreate bushes for stamping for months! I figure one thing out then seven more questions pop up. I have used Adobe Capture in the past, but have forgotten it and I never heard of Adobe Font!!
Yes tutorial please!

View attachment 158181

If anybody wants to know how I did this image, go here:

Also been making some drip brushes using drips I made with real paint which I photographed.

View attachment 158199
An ImaEngine Image was put through Glaze then the drips added in Procreate.
I quite like the effect but the red drips coming off the side of the cats head Ann, what do they signify? I'm curious what you were thinking.

I quite like the effect but the red drips coming off the side of the cats head Ann, what do they signify? I'm curious what you were thinking.
Oh...well, it was a ginger cat and those were the colours that came out of the original manipulation so when I added the drips I just chose the same colours where I was going to place the drips. Oh dear, yes, could be considered a little gory perhaps. Yes, what was I thinking. :lol:

I love the birds in my garden. We have loads of baby blue tits who eat at our window feeder and they can be quite feisty.

I have been experimenting with rough brushes in Procreate and restricting myself to a limited palette. Entirely done in Procreate.

ECA3B370-8DAA-43E3-BBD8-B65F2019054A.png

I love the birds in my garden. We have loads of baby blue tits who eat at our window feeder and they can be quite feisty.

I have been experimenting with rough brushes in Procreate and restricting myself to a limited palette. Entirely done in Procreate.

View attachment 158852
That is gorgeous! And the two birds on the branch are like something from a Japanese print.

Back
Top Bottom