Ann’s Arty Attempts

A Walk in Saville Gardens
89C94EDF-2B0C-403C-A457-959BCFBD520F.jpeg

The main effect here was a random shake in Pastello although I have saved the settings because I rather like the chalky look (so I can supply if anyone is interested). I had sketched out the figure in Procreate with a chalky looking brush and the base is Film Noir from VectorQ with the edges switched off in Vectoriser. I did apply a little Adjust>Tone Lab 14 in iColorama at 25% opacity at the end plus a vignette in Snapseed.

Seeing an interesting effect in juryjone ’s thread I thought I would have a go at trying to recreate the look with a haphazardly painted image with a square of it inverted but quite by accident I started applying an inverted mask in swipes and then and then and then I ended up with something completely different! I seldom end up creating the look. I always seem to fall down a rabbit hole.
DE82C29C-D235-4115-9DA2-DE7BE100C708.png

Here’s less processed one in colour:
D424F5A7-4058-4E33-BE00-DCB0748F3344.jpeg

Apps used: iColorama, SuperPhoto, Retouch, Snapseed.

Seeing an interesting effect in juryjone ’s thread I thought I would have a go at trying to recreate the look with a haphazardly painted image with a square of it inverted but quite by accident I started applying an inverted mask in swipes and then and then and then I ended up with something completely different! I seldom end up creating the look. I always seem to fall down a rabbit hole.

That’s my whole “oeuvre”!

View attachment 180719

View attachment 180721

Lovelovelove those blues and silvers

View attachment 180719

View attachment 180721

Nice rabbit hole!

I’m doing an online course through Domestika on how to draw buildings with fineliners and marker pens although I’m doing it to see if I can adapt the process digitally to apply to my photographs.

Here’s my final result but I had to do lots of other stuff to get it to something that I liked:
3CA1A089-F9BC-4291-A648-83035094AB8C.jpeg

Procreate, Inkwork, iColorama, Glitch Face, VectorQ

Here is the straight drawing using Procreate brushes that mimic pens and markers. Definitely needs more detail. Ah well, a work in progress.
CFC7578E-AF50-4F76-B76A-831351C7D582.jpeg

Here is the original photograph:
B681370A-C79C-49D8-BE0B-4289D1F2AF1A.jpeg

Perfecting my marker pen and fineliner drawings. I think I’ll always be blending it back with something else to give it more spice.

I think I like the first one the best.
35EF4492-9280-4523-AD40-8CA4F28FC152.jpeg

Normal Cuprits: Procreate, iColorama, VectorQ

Watercolour effect
5A442D6D-6ECC-422B-B245-5AC59087FDDE.png

Second effect produced in iColorama using rays and masking followed by watercolour.

Perfecting my marker pen and fineliner drawings. I think I’ll always be blending it back with something else to give it more spice.

View attachment 181139

Watercolour effect
View attachment 181140
Second effect produced in iColorama using rays and masking followed by watercolour.
I like the first one best, too.

View attachment 181139

Watercolour effect
View attachment 181140
I like the second one best, but they are both fabulous.

View attachment 181139

Watercolour effect
View attachment 181140
I like the second one best. I like the buildings in both, but I find the background/surround is a better match in the second.

Having read some of the interesting techniques that Roxanne Overton’s uses for multiple exposure, I was inspired to try one of her techniques.

Apparently Photoshop has an auto blend option. Roxanne takes the same view with slight variations and then puts them through this auto blend with fascinating results. My first reaction was that we don’t have an app that does that but actually we do! FotoDa! I don’t have a group of photos that I have taken like this but I do have a couple of repeats. There is also the option of cropping one photo to result in slight variations. Being more planned about what you chuck into FotoDa I think makes it much more useful.

I’ve run the FotoDa results through Pastello to give them a painterly look:

This is probably my favourite. A group of photos I took along the motorway.
2C68FC25-F87A-4CEB-8F45-3A4A16044898.jpeg

A96011D7-4D54-4ECD-BFD6-81EC582C6A9D.jpeg

Photos taken today with OverCam
A77B480F-CE13-4EF1-8CFC-4B0B5F5FE64F.jpeg

Last edited:
Having read some of the interesting techniques that Roxanne Overton’s uses for multiple exposure, I was inspired to try one of her techniques.

Apparently Photoshop has an auto blend option. Roxanne takes the same view with slight variations and then puts them through this auto blend with fascinating results. My first reaction was that we don’t have an app that does that but actually we do! FotoDa! I don’t have a group of photos that I have taken like this but I do have a couple of repeats. There is also the option of cropping one photo to result in slight variations. Being more planned about what you chuck into FotoDa I think makes it much more useful.

This is probably my favourite. A group of photos I look along the motorway.
View attachment 181910

View attachment 181911

View attachment 181912
Love that last one

This is probably my favourite. A group of photos I look along the motorway.
View attachment 181910

View attachment 181911

View attachment 181912

A mix of Jubilee photos on the Long Walk in Windsor

View attachment 181913
FotoDa, Pastello, iColorama
Wow, these are fabulous Ann. I LOVE the man in the park.:notworthy:

Moshup by the maker of Bluristic.
0589571D-F07B-4FFB-A3AF-C17F85E73844.png

531FD1FC-3254-4697-B404-AA5883BF49C0.png

Completely addicted!

These images were achieved by first taking a colourful video and then finding an object for the second video. I used my iPad and a Cup in these ones with inverted colours. I bought it without hesitation but you can do a lot with it without paying and then extracting images using Video2Photo.

Quite complex. Feel like I’m only scratching the surface.

BOTH IOS AND ANDROID

Last edited:
Moshup by the maker of Bluristic.
View attachment 182485
View attachment 182486

Completely addicted!

These images were achieved by first taking a colourful video and then finding an object for the second video. I used my iPad and a Cup in these ones with inverted colours. I bought it without hesitation but you can do a lot with it without paying and then extracting images using Video2Photo.

Quite complex. Feel like I’m only scratching the surface.

BOTH IOS AND ANDROID
It's also £3.59 :eek:
Is this for video?

Back
Top Bottom