IOTM Winner - Feb 21, Sep 22
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
In an attempt to shed the pounds put on over the past year, I am walking for an hour or more every day for 10 weeks. I have joined the National Trust so I can walk in all the gardens and parks which are nearby and have researched all the Surrey Wildlife Trust Reserves as well as signing up for a year’s subscription of AllTrails.

As part of this I want to reinvigorate my photography so I’m going to post my favourite pics each day.

Here is today. Today’s main app was HipstamaticX using the Rando camera. I have changed some of the combos after taking the shots and some I have taken into other apps and enhanced them.

All taken at Hatchlands Park

BE4706E4-E08C-49E6-9094-ECEA1AFAB409.jpeg

Apps after HipX: Snapseed, iColorama, Rebound

Secret Selfie - original
AF402337-7D7F-4B4D-947A-1F88CBF80B95.jpeg

Sheepies
4206AD1B-2BD6-440B-A54C-45FCBD936A69.jpeg

In an attempt to shed the pounds put on over the past year, I am walking for an hour or more every day for 10 weeks. I have joined the National Trust so I can walk in all the gardens and parks which are nearby and have researched all the Surrey Wildlife Trust Reserves as well as signing up for a year’s subscription of AllTrails.

As part of this I want to reinvigorate my photography so I’m going to post my favourite pics each day.

Here is today. Today’s main app was HipstamaticX using the Rando camera. I have changed some of the combos after taking the shots and some I have taken into other apps and enhanced them.

View attachment 171531

Secret Selfie - original
View attachment 171532

Sheepies
View attachment 171533
That is so cool! I’m not so sure I could walk for an hour. That first image is very intriguing. Was it the hipsta combo that created it?

It's much easier when you've got interesting things to look at.
This one was easy because it was interesting. I’ve downloaded some podcasts and audiobooks to try and distract me at other times because I am somebody who gets bored easily with the same old route. However, I struggle to find a podcast I enjoy. Most of them have too much waffle. I’ve never listened to an audiobook but think this might be the answer for me.

This one was easy because it was interesting. I’ve downloaded some podcasts and audiobooks to try and distract me at other times because I am somebody who gets bored easily with the same old route. However, I struggle to find a podcast I enjoy. Most of them have too much waffle. I’ve never listened to an audiobook but think this might be the answer for me.
With good narrator, an audiobook will make the time go. With a not-good narrator, I give up almost immediately. Here in the US, lots of the local libraries have arrangements with online services like Overdrive so that you can download audiobooks for a loan period (like 3 weeks or so).

Way to go! Thats a great idea, both phyically and creatively. I wish I had a bit more variety in my choice of places to go?
Honestly, I’m totally amazed at how much is around that I didn’t know about and I’ve lived in Woking for just short of 30 years. I didn’t realise that the National Trust had so much parkland. The £75 a year will be well worth it for me just over the next 10 weeks. As I’m walking alone I feel much safer and many of them have great cafes so it’s even more of an outing. Check out your local WildLife Trust too.

AllTrails is great too. People put up all the trails that they have done and you can follow them. You don’t have to pay for it to record your trail or see all the trails. I decided to pay for it because with the paid version you can link somebody to it so they know where you are and you can download trails to your phone. In the end I paid for 3 years for £46, price of meal out and haven’t done that much lately.

With good narrator, an audiobook will make the time go. With a not-good narrator, I give up almost immediately. Here in the US, lots of the local libraries have arrangements with online services like Overdrive so that you can download audiobooks for a loan period (like 3 weeks or so).
Exactly what I’m using with the Libby app. I’ve been a fan of the library magazines for a good 8 years - even had them in Hong Kong with VPN.

If I had more time, i'd love to explore NT properties, but I seem to work all the hours god sends and I can't drive, so i'm a bit limited. Plus as soon as I pt my shoes on, the dog's eyes light up and they run for the door, all expectant.

View attachment 171531

Secret Selfie - original
View attachment 171532

Sheepies
View attachment 171533
Wonderful idea!! And I loooove all these images.

Wednesday and Thursday were golf days so today was my next opportunity to go on a walk. I decided to stop at Weybridge because I found the walk ‘Weybridge Locks and Levels’ on the AllTrails app. I didn’t follow the walk totally but did my own circuit once I understood the lay of the land.

I wanted to make it a FIMO walk but stupidly forgot how to zoom in and out so decided to stick with the native cam instead. No edits.

B4C4187A-0D77-4BBF-87FF-43F05AA61A91.jpeg
C8A3529E-04FC-4CFC-93B4-8CF71AAB50F4.jpeg
160A1386-7CF5-4ADC-BC52-7170069425CA.jpeg

View attachment 171531

Secret Selfie - original
View attachment 171532

Sheepies
View attachment 171533
Love that one with the glasses great composition

Audio books are great and like you I use the time to catch up on podcasts…. If your into true crime Casefile is good. I’ve just discovered another great one
I’m half way through an interview with photographer Steve Mccurry

Love your idea, Ann - thanks for sharing your walks ! Such a variety of landscape already - you live in a beautiful area

Audio books are great and like you I use the time to catch up on podcasts…. If your into true crime Casefile is good. I’ve just discovered another great one
I’m half way through an interview with photographer Steve Mccurry
The jury is out when it comes to my opinion of Steve McCurry. I went to an exhibition of his work in Hong Kong and I was full of admiration saying ‘oh my gosh, so many lucky breaks’ until one of the docents said that many of his images were staged and that there was accusations of him Photoshopping things into his photos. There was one image of a flooded house where the presence of a dog in the doorway was questioned. Having said that professional photographers stage there images far more than we realise.

There is a little village close to where I live called Chobham. I discovered a walk called Chobham Meadows. With just grass meadows surrounded by hedgerows and trees, the photo opportunities were limited but the little village itself is a goldmine.

Took out FIMO and tried most of the films. So often it’s just about using it with the right subject. Here are my best:

FIMO Aesthetic 400 - not always great but loved this one
DA18AF53-FB4C-405C-977F-9BCAAA2F9774.jpeg

FIMO RDP 3 - Like this film. Think I will buy it. Was an ordinary image but the berries pop.
0A29F994-2A06-41A7-BF02-BC29F1F558AB.jpeg

FIMO Miranda 200 - another one where few looked good but I liked the way it worked with the dandelions
B21D30A1-4F9C-403A-AF20-D190063A1574.jpeg

A few more…

FIMO ETERNA V500 - this looked good but others too washed out for my liking
202CD05C-1EAF-42F9-8692-22463F92ABF4.jpeg

FIMO Tri-X 400. This format is quite interesting which you also get with FIMO V3 500T. For me, it’s more that it makes me think differently and so might be worth getting to view scenes from a different perspective and then to take the same photo in the native app to be cropped later.
7531FF29-DCFB-475B-A537-0A696B64BC11.jpeg

FIMO Beauty 400 - again, too pale for me but liked this result
044DA7E9-01F3-4A27-87AC-A90223464F8D.jpeg

I’ve used up most of my freebies so I’ll have to make up my mind about which ones I’ll buy.

View attachment 171531

Secret Selfie - original
View attachment 171532

Sheepies
View attachment 171533
Good on you! And for us ;)

Back
Top Bottom