IOTM Winner - Feb 21, Sep 22
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
I'm putting this in now so that I will be committed. Another year challenge is too much but I have the most incredible three months to go from 1st Jan to 31 March 2017 when we finish here in Hong Kong. We have Langkawi in Malaysia for Christmas and New Year, Myanmar (Burma) for Chinese New Year with a hot air balloon ride :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:, bird watching, golf; Vietnam and Cambodia with my lifetime friend and family who are coming over from Perth. Part of the tour will be to learn all about the Vietnam war and Pol Pot and to see the killing fields (hugely sobering and emotional I understand) and also a tour to see some of the indigenous people of Vietnam who still dress in their national costumes. Inbetween going to try and see anything in HK that I might have missed. It will be our final Asian swansong!

I'm putting this in now so that I will be committed. Another year challenge is too much but I have the most incredible three months to go from 1st Jan to 31 March 2017 when we finish here in Hong Kong. We have Langkawi in Malaysia for Christmas and New Year, Myanmar (Burma) for Chinese New Year with a hot air balloon ride :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:, bird watching, golf; Vietnam and Cambodia with my lifetime friend and family who are coming over from Perth. Part of the tour will be to learn all about the Vietnam war and Pol Pot and to see the killing fields (hugely sobering and emotional I understand) and also a tour to see some of the indigenous people of Vietnam who still dress in their national costumes. Inbetween going to try and see anything in HK that I might have missed. It will be our final Asian swansong!
WOW :thumbs:

Wow All these travelling Are you in Langkawi now Good lovely sunsets and beaches Nice golf course too Love to see the photos you are going to shoot

I'm putting this in now so that I will be committed. Another year challenge is too much but I have the most incredible three months to go from 1st Jan to 31 March 2017 when we finish here in Hong Kong.
We hear what you are saying Ann, and look forward to following your personal HKexit adventures... :thumbs:

However, if you did want to move it to the 365 Section, you know, just in case the bug has well and truly bit and you want to carry on with documenting to new life here, then we will gladly pop the move in for you... :D

Wow All these travelling Are you in Langkawi now Good lovely sunsets and beaches Nice golf course too Love to see the photos you are going to shoot
Kuan Meng, this my favourite place in all the world to go on holiday. We arrive Christmas Eve. We seldom go back to the same place but this is now the 5th time we are back over the last 15 years. Paradise. Sigh...

Holy WOW!!!!
[emoji1323][emoji133][emoji1323][emoji133][emoji1323][emoji133][emoji1323][emoji133][emoji1323]
There...I've put the dancing girls in for you. [emoji1]

What amazing adventures you're going to have!! SO. JEALOUS. [emoji7]
I think we'll all be over the moon as we follow this thread.

Looking forward to these images, Ann!
Thanks, everybody. Even more excited is my poor DH who is now desperate for a holiday..... and a stunning golf course :)

Ann if it comes off I will go with my old mate Palani Mohan. He did a book called Vivid Hong Kong all shot on iPhone and his current project is a book on feng shui I wrote the foreword for. We worked together as writer and Photog in bangkok for 4 years

Ann if it comes off I will go with my old mate Palani Mohan. He did a book called Vivid Hong Kong all shot on iPhone and his current project is a book on feng shui I wrote the foreword for. We worked together as writer and Photog in bangkok for 4 years
Super cool! I love the way he has combined two photos. What a clever idea. The only way to do such a trip is with another photographer. I am learning more and more that photography is a solitary occupation unless you are with someone who is doing the same and even then there will be times when you want to hang around and the other person doesn't.

Cool trip. I got offered a press trip to spend a week in vietnam's far north with the hill tribes which I'm trying to make happen in the new year. Your grand tour will be awesome
Wow, I will only get 2 day's worth of photos with indigenous tribes and will not get as close as you will to such 'real' life. I envy you. You will get some sensational shots!

....wow... I'm feeling like I lead a really boring life.... :(
Catherine, I have just been REALLY, REALLY lucky! Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined the last three years I have had. I often pinch myself - it so often feels so surreal. Few people I know have been able to travel like this.

Back
Top Bottom