"App"-stracts and Me

When you create an "app"-stract do you use a photo of something or do you start with a blank canvas?

• I start with a photo

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I use a blank canvas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do both

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • App-stract? Why would I ruin a good photo?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CynWes

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Cyndi Westover
I'm trying to improve my capacity to create "app" stracts. I've never had an art class in my life so this is challenging because I'm making it up as I go along. I like the process, but I don't know that I really know what an abstract is so that is probably limiting me in my "app" stracts. This is my latest...
IMG_6921.JPG

I'm trying to improve my capacity to create "app" stracts. I've never had an art class in my life so this is challenging because I'm making it up as I go along. I like the process, but I don't know that I really know what an abstract is so that is probably limiting me in my "app" stracts. This is my latest...View attachment 32395
I think an abstract can be whatever you want it to be. Let your creativity run wild. This image is wonderful!!

Great abstract. One of my favorite ways to do abstracts is to take pics of something purely for the texture of it or the shapes in it or even the color. Then layer things together or just add certain elements. Layover and image blender are great for that. Superimpose is good for adding and removing elements. I've found that looking for things just for later use as a texture has improved my eye for other pics. Good luck.

Thanks for the fees back! I take pics that I hope to use, but never thought about just taking them for texture, color alone! Must try :)

I'm trying to improve my capacity to create "app" stracts. I've never had an art class in my life so this is challenging because I'm making it up as I go along. I like the process, but I don't know that I really know what an abstract is so that is probably limiting me in my "app" stracts. This is my latest...View attachment 32395
Beautiful piece! Love the shapes and movement and colors... :thumbs: :D

Today's experiment ... Blender, deco sketch, tangled, View attachment 32458and photo wizard.
This one is really cool too... I see you're enjoying Tangled! :thumbs:

Beautiful piece! Love the shapes and movement and colors... :thumbs: :D

This one is really cool too... I see you're enjoying Tangled! :thumbs:
I am enjoying Tangled and Deco Sketch. They have really helped me with the concepts of abstracts. I started a new project for creating abstracts for enlightenment. We shall see...

On Different Wavelengths
Deco Sketch
Photowizard
I love the simple, minimalistic feel of this image, Cyndi. Great controlled us of your apps.

By the way, I agree with Mike. Your iPhone is great for capturing textures that can be used in projects later. The fact that it's with you constantly means that it can instantly shoot any interior or exterior textures you may see.

Back
Top Bottom