• > Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and your MobiStaff... x x <

Apple Will Now Recycle Any Product You Give Back—and Give You Credit for It

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Apple Will Now Recycle Any Product You Give Back—and Give You Credit for It
April 22, 2014

Angel Navarrete—Bloomberg/Getty Images
Apple Stores will now accept any of the company's products for recycling at no charge, and may even give you a store credit to be used against a new model if the items you are trading in look in resealable condition
Starting today, Apple Stores will begin accepting any of the company’s products for recycling at no charge.

Even better, if the items look resalable, you might even get a store credit, a.k.a. an Apple gift card. CEO Tim Cook last month told shareholders the company wants to “leave the world better than we found it,” and this initiative is part of that.

Lisa Jackson, Apple’s vice president of environmental initiatives (and a former EPA administrator) told the AP Apple aims to “use all our innovation and all of our expertise to make the planet more secure and make the environment better.”

criticized by some groups as contributing to electronic waste. Since then, Apple has unveiled a number of initiatives aimed at cutting its environmental impact.

http://time.com/71516/apple-store-recycling-program/

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Good news and thanks for sharing, Catherine!

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Nice! I still have a 3G somewhere, will they take it back? :D

Anyway, they have always had a great customer service, at least in my personal experience!
I expect they would certainly take your 3G David... :D

And I have to heartily agree, I have experienced nothing but superb, second to none, after sales and customer service from Apple, whether a store or on-line... :notworthy:

Of course, I fully accept others may have experienced otherwise, as in all walks of life, even Apple cannot please all of the people, all of the time... :rog:

PicsbyJCG

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Christer
Device
Sony
Wonder if it works for the lousy iTunes 12? Give it back, recieve the "retail" version, not Beta 2 of 5 that they threw in our faces...

:angry: :lmao:

Mmello

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Melissa Mello
I'll be sure to let you all know. My iPhone3 has started pulling itself apart!