APPstract RESULT: APPstract #30 Theme: Triptych or Diptych or any tych

Yes, I did see that and rather like it. I can see a stained glass sort of thing using that. Of course some afternoon when I want to try something out, I’ll never remember how I was going to do that. :lmao:

i believe your camera has a reminder fx.

shapes

12505A95-DDFF-4128-9A1B-AA1B049D8028.jpeg

i found another old collage app in some dusty corner: PicLayout. It does layers and multiple choice colours. I haven't tried layering yet- if it is better than Pixlr’s collage fx offers, I’ll keep it.

Last edited:
The Museum of international Folk Art here has a new exhibit: “From Combat to Carpet: The Art of Afghan War Rugs”. Using traditional motifs the rugs feature world maps, tourist sites, weapons, and military figures along with visual commentary of foreign involvement in Afghanistan. They began to attract international attention after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and the production has increased over the years due to their marketability to occupying military personnel, journalists, foreign aid workers, international collectors, and contemporary art curators.

I took lots of photos of segments of the rugs, enhanced the color and vibrancy with Hipstamatic (Beard lens); then I ran a bunch of FotoDa blended variations which I put into a Diptic layout (top photo) and then put that result into JixPix Panographic app (bottom photo)

7AD15A94-2B50-4A1B-9E44-B07017A14CBB.jpeg

50EB10C7-4C2D-413D-937B-09C13DAF0782.png

Last edited:
i believe your camera has a reminder fx.
And if I added a reminder for every app I wanted to remember to try out, it'd be yammering at me all the time.
Yes, many of them. And as terse Ted said they are always yammering so I shut them off. Consequently nothing gets reminded or remembered. Fortunately, there are plenty of people pleased to let me know in what way I screwed up so that I can run off and fix it right away. Unless I forget.

Yes, many of them. And as terse Ted said they are always yammering so I shut them off. Consequently nothing gets reminded or remembered. Fortunately, there are plenty of people pleased to let me know in what way I screwed up so that I can run off and fix it right away. Unless I forget.
You are. :lol:

I have been watching some YouTube videos featuring a painter named Bob Blast hoping to learn something I could apply to painting in Procreate. He’s kinda entertaining, but sometimes a bit over the top. I found one of his videos called Beyond Tryptics. He said beyond three images put together, the work is a polytych. Ever the skeptic, I googled it an found this from wikipedia.

If you’re interested in watching a nutty guy paint, you can see the video here.
Here’s a tetraptych I made before my Diptic satarted giving me grief.
E52E1AC0-CC52-4B88-9F91-31398AD0BF37.jpeg

After doing some experimenting, it seems Diptic wouldn’t save certain images. When I changed them out, it worked fine......odd. I’ve been trying some ideas out in AdLib this morning. Along with that, Snapseed, iColorama, DistressedFX, Stackables, SuperImpose.....That’s all I see still open on the iPad. :rolleyes:
A0624681-FAB1-40BB-A0D9-8474CAB339DB.jpeg

After doing some experimenting, it seems Diptic wouldn’t save certain images. When I changed them out, it worked fine......odd. I’ve been trying some ideas out in AdLib this morning. Along with that, Snapseed, iColorama, DistressedFX, Stackables, SuperImpose.....That’s all I see still open on the iPad. :rolleyes:
View attachment 154787
Diptic has been freezing for me on saving. If I click on Save 2 images it stalls but the photo is saved.

Back
Top Bottom