2. Use apps

3. Tell us something about your image/edit

Please see MobiTog challenge rules here

6D6012BD-9DFE-4B4A-8712-98CE531CAAB9.jpeg

Judge: ImageArt Ann
Theme: ‘i carry your heart’

Last edited:
D86AF1EF-E016-4C9C-BAF1-300ADFDF6608.jpeg

You didn’t really think I was going to let Valentine‘s Day slip past un-appstractifield, right?

ee cummings beautiful ‘i carry your heart’ is up there with the Romantics in ‘best love poems ever’ lists. (and who’s going to argue with a ‘best love poems’ list?) .

Please interpret one line or verse or stanza or image any way you like. And while you’re there, tell us your favourite valentine‘s story [as in a valentine’s memory) or poem or Hallmark greeting card verse? :inlove:

Last edited:
You didn’t really think I was going to let Valentine‘s Day slip past un-appstractifield, right?

ee cummings beautiful ‘i carry your heart’ is up there with the Romantics in ‘best love poems ever’ lists. (and who’s going to argue with a ‘best love poems’ list?) .

Please interpret one line or verse or stanza or image any way you like. And while you’re there, tell us your favourite valentine‘s story [as in a valentine’s memory) or poem or Hallmark greeting card verse? :inlove:
Love it. :inlove: Back in the day I created (an abstract I believe?) with the title "I Carry Your Heart".... what are the chances?? Maybe I can find it and post it here.

I memorized this poem to recite at my wedding (lo these many years ago). So it has a very special meaning to me!

My first poetry unit of my Lit major (prob about as many lo years ago as your wedding). Our prof had the most mellifluous voice (he also sang opera). The second week he read to us: both ‘somewhere I have never been’ and ‘I carry your heart’. I was never the same again.

ahem. We’re going to have the Valentine poem thing going until ImageArt Ann gathers her wits (after winning both MobiColour and APPstract this week) and announces her theme. So sinnerjohn John if you have any more mushy surprises for us, get on with it :thumbs:
Nah, let’s keep it at Valentines. I ain’t got anything better. :)

“When I'm lying wrapped up in your arms, the whole world just fades away. The only thing I hear is the beating of your heart." Breathe by Faith Hill

A11A2552-ADE1-4FF5-81D3-6553324D01E0.jpeg

All in Procreate
The female outline was from a photograph of my step-granddaughter - she was choosing her prom dress. The words are from a photo of some graffiti. The rest was made using Symmetry in Procreate. I’ve had something similar printed onto a velvet panel. It’s lovely.

Last edited:
“When I'm lying wrapped up in your arms, the whole world just fades away. The only thing I hear is the beating of your heart." Breathe by Faith Hill

View attachment 155222
All in Procreate
The female outline was from a photograph of my step-granddaughter - she was choosing her prom dress. The words are from a photo of some graffiti. The rest was made using Symmetry in Procreate. I’ve had something similar printed onto a velvet panel. It’s lovely.
Gorgeous, Jilly... these colors! :inlove:

I had to look him up :rolleyes: but you are obviously familiar with him Jen.

I’m aware of Das Kapital, too, but I haven’t read it.

Also Finnegan’s Wake, also haven't read, bit more disappointed about that but I am comforted by my absolute certainty that anyone who says they have read it is lying :mobibabe:

View attachment 155222
All in Procreate

ooh I like those purple splotches :hearteyes:
The band of blue looks like water. Aphrodite arising from the waves.

ooh I like those purple splotches :hearteyes:
The band of blue looks like water. Aphrodite arising from the waves.
Thank you. This is the one I had printed onto velvet.

4D933931-D9AB-4E04-BB6C-79C0708A13E6.jpeg

I was inspired by a company called Timorous Beasties that produces slightly wacky fabrics and wallpapers of their own design. And the company that prints onto fabric etc is called Bags of Love - lots of different sorts of fabric to choose from and the quality is very high.

Last edited:
Thank you. This is the one I had printed onto velvet.

I was inspired by a company called Timorous Beasties that produces slightly wacky fabrics and wallpapers of their own design. And the company that prints onto fabric etc is called Bags of Love - lots of different sorts of fabric to choose from and the quality is very high.

in a million years I wouldn’t think of that. Velvet. Do you them frame and/or hang it? Make it into something functional (bedspread, jacket, curtains?) i have some very faint memories of an interior design craze (complete with DIY packs) involving velvet and framed pictures. It must have been in the 70’s — before the beaten copper craze and the macrame wall hanging craze because I remember those two reasonably well *twitch*

I interpreted the directions to use a line from the e e cummings poem. (procreate)
So...
C79070C2-8D4D-4EF4-9428-453ED2A10F39.jpeg

Also as request a blast from a past Valentines Day. Mike recently cleaned out his dresser drawers and set this aside to show me on Valentines Day. I have no idea what year this is from, but he is a golden oldie at this point. :D
Pixlr
710CB2D0-B7A9-4926-A11C-EA34A75E0E7F.png

Back
Top Bottom