APPstract RESULT: APPstract #32 28 February Theme: Not all who wander are lost.

And not all who wonder are looking for answers

338D74C3-54CC-4094-950D-000389D88BA7.jpeg

Superimpose X to bring two images together. One was an image taken with Spectre of a man walking. Then into Fine for the sparkles and a vintage overlay.

We may not have a lot of submissions, but they are all just wonderful. :inlove: :notworthy:

The winning image kept drawing me in.... Firstly, because of it's super cool futuristic vibe... like walking down a city street in the year 2783. Although the people still have a strangely familiar look in their costume, they aren't quite "solid"... maybe we've all become holographs... or it's current times and they are traveling in another dimension, neither here nor there. In any case I want to go there! Secondly, because I keep thinking "how did he create this?".

Congrats to deepop David with "Strangers in a Strange Land".

david.jpeg

Second Place goes to Starzee with her beautiful Procreate scene... like David's, I want to walk this path and find out what's just over that knoll... adding the poem's snippet is the cherry on top. :blush:
starzee 2.jpeg

In Third Place is JillyG Jilly's wonderful appstract "And not all who wonder are looking for answers". A clever play on words in Jilly's renowned style :notworthy: , and a wonderful and balanced abstract piece of art.
jilly.jpeg

HMs to terse Ted's funky and surreal "Seeker", juryjone Jerry's creatively visualized "Many a Winding Turn", and zenjenny Jen's beautiful "Sacred Wandering Cows" and burros... both beautifully edited.

Thanks everyone for creating beautiful visuals of my favorite quote! :inlove:

We may not have a lot of submissions, but they are all just wonderful. :inlove: :notworthy:

The winning image kept drawing me in.... Firstly, because of it's super cool futuristic vibe... like walking down a city street in the year 2783. Although the people still have a strangely familiar look in their costume, they aren't quite "solid"... maybe we've all become holographs... or it's current times and they are traveling in another dimension, neither here nor there. In any case I want to go there! Secondly, because I keep thinking "how did he create this?".

View attachment 156079

Second Place goes to Starzee with her beautiful Procreate scene... like David's, I want to walk this path and find out what's just over that knoll... adding the poem's snippet is the cherry on top. :blush:
View attachment 156080

In Third Place is JillyG Jilly's wonderful appstract "And not all who wonder are looking for answers". A clever play on words in Jilly's renowned style :notworthy: , and a wonderful and balanced abstract piece of art.
View attachment 156081

HMs to terse Ted's funky and surreal "Seeker", juryjone Jerry's creatively visualized "Many a Winding Turn", and zenjenny Jen's beautiful "Sacred Wandering Cows" and burros... both beautifully edited.

View attachment 156079

View attachment 156080

View attachment 156081

Thanks so much, Catherine. It was a great theme this week. Wonderful work Starzee , JillyG , terse , juryjone , and zenjenny .

Thank you, dear RoseCat, for getting on with it in my absence :notworthy:

deepop congrats to you : ‘what Cat said’ , also ‘I wish I’d made that‘ :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

congrats Starzee and JillyG: the range & creativity in your respective works never cease to amaze and inspire me

and terse juryjone and @me (thank you for mention, Cat — and of course that image belongs to the lovely Kate who will be delighted at the HM and most likely forgive the edit :)j

thank you all who participated :inlove: And now to see if Cat has also done my job starting the new thread (and if not, why not?:lol:)

Thank you, dear RoseCat, for getting on with it in my absence :notworthy:

deepop congrats to you : ‘what Cat said’ , also ‘I wish I’d made that‘ :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

congrats Starzee and JillyG: the range & creativity in your respective works never cease to amaze and inspire me

and terse juryjone and @me (thank you for mention, Cat — and of course that image belongs to the lovely Kate who will be delighted at the HM and most likely forgive the edit :)j

thank you all who participated :inlove: And now to see if Cat has also done my job starting the new thread (and if not, why not?:lol:)

She has! APPstract #33 is here and deepop ‘s theme is Brave New World or Chaos: a topical topic.

(GroovyGouvy this is your personal map & invitation :thumbs:)

View attachment 156079

View attachment 156080

View attachment 156081

Thank you for my third, nearly as good as being first, but without the responsibility of choosing a theme. :lol: And deepop David is first in this challenge too with that dystopian (well, that‘s what it looks like to me) futuristic image - lovely one. And Starzee Star’s wonderful image says “Wait for me!”, but they don’t hear.:( Of course, my take on these images might be coloured by what’s happening in this bonkers world of ours.:rolleyes: Keep calm and carry on is going to be my motto, with a bit of Chaos thrown in.

View attachment 156079

View attachment 156080

View attachment 156081

Some wonderful images in this challenge! I’m honored to have gotten 2nd. I rather liked this challenge. It brought back the joy of reading Tolkien.

Back
Top Bottom