APPstract RESULT: APPstract #33 16-29 March Theme: Brave New World or Chaos

I know I’m late, wanna share anyway. This is the first abstract I’ve done in quite some time. Wanted to be a part of the challenge. :)

Chaotic New World...

E0E95FB6-5140-49D3-B254-075871C12C3F.jpeg

a Hipstamatic pic of my daughter walking on a boat dock in our new neighborhood. Decim8 trashed a couple times, blended with each other and then two Oilist versions thrown in. Final touches in Inspire art app for some line definition.

I know I’m late, wanna share anyway. This is the first abstract I’ve done in quite some time. Wanted to be a part of the challenge. :)

Chaotic New World...

View attachment 156416

a Hipstamatic pic of my daughter walking on a boat dock in our new neighborhood. Decim8 trashed a couple times, blended with each other and then two Oilist versions thrown in. Final touches in Inspire art app for some line definition.
We’ve missed you! But it sounds like you’ve had your hands full, so we forgive you. :hearteyecat: Love this. The pastel-like texture, the colours and the person. Super.

Chaotic New World...

View attachment 156416

You’re not late! Right on time. And nice work! Love it!!

Chaotic New World...

View attachment 156416

Whoa! Now that's the way to jump in!

Chaotic New World...

View attachment 156416

You’ve been missed! So glad you’re here... this is fab.

Chaotic New World...

View attachment 156416

always good to see you & your OOAK* art, Valeri :inlove:

also ‘what Jilly, Ted, Cat & Star said’ :)

*learned the ‘one of a kind’ acronym from Etsy a while back. Stuck with me because it looks so weird and ungainly sitting like a rude noise next to beautiful and often very unique items.

Demeter’s Winter

27DC5231-CF85-4527-BBF1-85738AC5985A.jpeg

Mad with grief for her lost daughter Persephone, Demeter, goddess of the cycle of life and death, threw the world into chaos and famine. The order of fertility and growth is restored for half the year, when Persephone returns from the underworld.

iPhone 6s, Union and a world of processing in between

Demeter’s Winter

View attachment 156610
Mad with grief for her lost daughter Persephone, Demeter, goddess of the cycle of life and death, threw the world into chaos and famine. The order of fertility and growth is restored for half the year, when Persephone returns from the underworld.

iPhone 6s, Union and a world of processing in between
Well I wish she’d bugger off now. She seems to have been around for longer than 6 months this time. Beautiful image.

And on JillyG ’s shocking disrespect of the Greek Deities
( if you Eeenglish suffer a double winter this year, you know who to blame :mobibabe: )

I call upon our deepop David (a deity in his own right)
to choose his favourite ‘Brave New World or Chaos’ image/s

APPstract #34 is HERE :thumbs:

Last edited:
It's been a long and unusual 3 weeks, and I hope everyone is sheltering well. I appreciate everyone's interpretation of chaos/brave new world.
The one that stood out for me was ImageArt Ann's The writing on the wall which perfectly captures the fear surrounding this pandemic as well as (at least in the US) anti-Asian/racist sentiment that has surfaced.
E9802883-7B4F-4035-8630-3449166A0E0D.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who participated. Stay well.

It's been a long and unusual 3 weeks, and I hope everyone is sheltering well. I appreciate everyone's interpretation of chaos/brave new world.
The one that stood out for me was ImageArt Ann's The writing on the wall which perfectly captures the fear surrounding this pandemic as well as (at least in the US) anti-Asian/racist sentiment that has surfaced.
View attachment 156647
Oooh, well done ImageArt Ann. That’s a wonderful one - like an actual board with scraps on it.

View attachment 156647
Excellent choice, David. Yay for ImageArt!

View attachment 156647
Thanks, David! Was unexpected!

View attachment 156647
Well done ImageArt Ann!! This is an amazing collage, and I echo David's sentiments. Super congrats! :inlove:

View attachment 156647
Yay! Nice work ImageArt Ann! (It was my favorite, too)

Back
Top Bottom