APPstract APPStract #51 Theme:No Theme 11 June-25 June

View attachment 182185

Still haven't found a title for this one. It's the result of layering 4 (maybe 5?) ICM images of the yacht harbor and then playing with the blend modes. I see a crooked pier on a lake with flowers in the foreground and a black bird sitting at the start of the pier.
I love this. My first impression was a sucked ship surrounded by colorful seaweed.

I love this. My first impression was a sucked ship surrounded by colorful seaweed.
I can see that, too. That blocky brown shape in the middle was a real surprise because it just suddenly appeared when I changed the blend mode on the top layer to Darken. Until then, my variations had been all streaky verticals, and I was about to give up.

And the winner is …

23F2209A-5C17-485E-A83E-34F812C9ED57.jpeg

zenjenny Jen. This is just so beautiful. And who doesn’t love a pomegranate? There‘s mysterious people, words, butterfly wings and pomegranates (did I mention them already?). I love the colours too. Jen had some fabulous entries, but this is my favourite.

Second comes ric alexander Ric.

1AF9AA23-50AA-48E6-9CB0-4F5F5E2BC1FC.jpeg

I love this one for the muted colours, tones and the subject, and the fact that it’s just abstract enough.

Third goes to terse Ted

4EAB3F24-BA8D-4AD1-A200-62DE923A9464.jpeg

This is a completely different abstract, but again the colours drew me in, as did the ghostly yacht. Brilliant.

Three wonderful abstracts, any one of which could take the top spot, but only one had pomegranates.:lol: Well done to everyone who posted an image. You’re such a creative bunch.:notworthy:

And the winner is …

View attachment 182238
zenjenny Jen. This is just so beautiful. And who doesn’t love a pomegranate? There‘s mysterious people, words, butterfly wings and pomegranates (did I mention them already?). I love the colours too. Jen had some fabulous entries, but this is my favourite.

View attachment 182239
I love this one for the muted colours, tones and the subject, and the fact that it’s just abstract enough.

Third goes to terse Ted

View attachment 182240
This is a completely different abstract, but again the colours drew me in, as did the ghostly yacht. Brilliant.

Three wonderful abstracts, any one of which could take the top spot, but only one had pomegranates.:lol: Well done to everyone who posted an image. You’re such a creative bunch.:notworthy:
Thank you, Jilly :notworthy: and congratulations to Jen for the win and Ric for second.

Only one had pomegranates? Now hang on a sec, my lady had loads of those in her trolley :lmao:
gobsmacked I got a second in this as I was punching way above my weight against the big hitters in this group. I really really didn’t expect that!
Jenny’s winner was beautiful. It’s another one of those that makes me wish I had an arty side to create like that. Unfortunately my memory and patience are my downfall. And terse with what I consider his best ICM was just sublime.

Last edited:
And the winner is …

View attachment 182238

View attachment 182239

Third goes to terse Ted

View attachment 182240

Brilliant image, Jen. Probably one of my favourites of yours.

And Ric’s also so striking. And of course Ted has a fabulous image here.

And the winner is …

View attachment 182238

View attachment 182239

Third goes to terse Ted

View attachment 182240

Nice piece of judging, JillyG Jilly! Congrats to zenjenny , ric alexander and terse .

And the winner is …

View attachment 182238

View attachment 182239

Third goes to terse Ted

View attachment 182240

Absolutely love all three of these - they’re all so unique and beautiful. :hearteyes: Congrats Jen, Ric and Ted!

Back
Top Bottom