Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Welcome to APPstract #52
25June-9July

No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist.”​
Shakespeare. Or was it Oscar Wilde..?

1AB9E4CA-0CF6-46CF-9D66-92CD3268F667.jpeg

Winner APPstract #51: zenjenny Jen ‘Faces of the gone’​
Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us about your edit

See previous APPstracts here

Theme: From the archives:
Re-visit an image you have made and/or posted before. Can be tweaked a bit or dramatically re-edited - or posted as is. Tell us a bit about the image

Judge: zenjenny Jen

Last edited:
Theme for #52 is “From the archives”

Re-visit an image you have made and/or posted before. Can be tweaked a bit or dramatically re-edited - or posted as is. Tell us a bit about the image.
  • An image you really liked and no one else did? Or everyone liked it and you didn’t?
  • An edit you wish you’d thought of (or had the apps or know-how for) at the time?
  • An image you’d forgotten you had? Wish you’d be forgotten you had?
  • An image that deserves more visibility? Less, but who cares?
  • Something else?
(I’ll keep an eye and see if I can’t compile a list of Reasons To Post An Old Image)

A7DD2815-1963-42D1-8AC7-C12D04C39C50.jpeg

2018. Probably started in Dubble or similar. I liked the shape and colours. Left languishing in Photos because I couldn’t think what to do next. (As i scroll through my 10k photos album I see ’dont know what next’ is a common theme)

4ED90C78-5506-4A02-A20E-F88647EB3095.jpeg

2018. Over-did the layering of filters and whathaveyou and lost track of what I had liked in the image in the first place. I know I have a better (simpler) version somewhere which does what I wanted it to do, hope I haven’t deleted it.

D08A04BB-8104-49A2-82FD-D124D45ADAC2.jpeg

The mask behind the mask
I recovered this from the back catalog. I've used both of these masks individually in various postings, but not together. The prickly pincushion effect on the orange mask comes from Gloomlogue/Halftone, I think, and the white mask has been through iColorama with Style/Lighten/3 at the least.

Last edited:
9EA0C662-5D62-4AD1-BFF5-4218E5958242.jpeg

The magic happens inside the skull
The skull, as I mentioned somewhere else, came from a poster in a doctor's office. The contents are the results of tons of layering and masking in Leonardo (at least 6 or 7 layers, I think, maybe more). After dragging it out of the archives, I worked on it a bit more in Pixelmator Photo with lighting and sharpening to try to increase the sense of depth.

B6EA3DF1-676A-4560-AF21-4B10A2B0A0C6.jpeg

Cat Dreams started out as three separate images spread over time. At one point, I put the first and third together and thought "Gee, I should come up with one more to make a triptych." It took me some time to discover that I already had "one more," the middle image that I think was actually done first. The title and captions arrived right along with the idea of making the triptych. I have an 8.5 x 24-inch print of this on my wall, but this is the first MobiTog posting with title and captions, I think. (The font is Gill Sans, which is not ideal for this, but the best I had on my iPad. I'm going to have to load some more fonts.)

View attachment 182281

The mask behind the mask
I recovered this from the back catalog. I've used both of these masks individually in various postings, but not together. The prickly pincushion effect on the orange mask comes from Gloomlogue/Halftone, I think, and the white mask has been through iColorama with Style/Lighten/3 at the least.
I recognise that mask. I believe it was offered in a wreck/edit/do something to this thread. Here's my version.
Snapseed for fingerpainting (brush) and toolwiz for distortions, texture, framed and words are the likely operations here. I thought it looked a little like a comic book supervillan so the quote was to fit that genre.
I found it in my 2016 folder. The exif info says it was taken on an iPad Air 2.

IMG_2239_1475523458494-01_1475524694205_1475527648938-01.jpeg

I recognise that mask. I believe it was offered in a wreck/edit/do something to this thread. Here's my version.
Snapseed for fingerpainting (brush) and toolwiz for distortions, texture, framed and words are the likely operations here. I thought it looked a little like a comic book supervillan so the quote was to fit that genre.
I found it in my 2016 folder. The exif info says it was taken on an iPad Air 2.

View attachment 182297
:thumbs:

45D0D1C4-2BD7-45E0-BDC6-6E6A912B849D.jpeg

The primordial forest
Rescued from the depths of terse fragments and re-edited in ACDSee to improve the lighting, especially in the lower depths. Four or more layers composited in Leonardo (trees, dandelions, flowers, butterflies).

Back
Top Bottom