APPstract APPstract #52 25 June-9July Theme From the archives

View attachment 182898

City life
The original of this I shot in an alley with Slow Shutter Cam in 2020. At the time, I did several variations using ACDSee, probably Mextures, and something else. (I don't think it was iColorama because iC wipes out most of the EXIF data, and that didn't happen here.) Maybe Leonardo for some layers. Back then, I chose to post a midnight blue version (looked like it might have been a Difference blend). Today, browsing through the archives, I saw this and couldn't figure out why I hadn't posted it instead. So now it's getting its chance...

EDIT: A bit more research, and I discovered that I started with a number of ICMs shot in the alley and combined in a stack in Affinity Photo using Minimum mode. Then into ACDSee etc.
Really like this one Ted:thumbs:

63A2DBFE-E029-4B78-B9BD-7A3862618783.jpeg

2021 First of many attempts to plagiarise steal copy emulate Starzee Star’s method of the moment using old Dubble images, Union and Percolator.

View attachment 182898

City life
The original of this I shot in an alley with Slow Shutter Cam in 2020. At the time, I did several variations using ACDSee, probably Mextures, and something else. (I don't think it was iColorama because iC wipes out most of the EXIF data, and that didn't happen here.) Maybe Leonardo for some layers. Back then, I chose to post a midnight blue version (looked like it might have been a Difference blend). Today, browsing through the archives, I saw this and couldn't figure out why I hadn't posted it instead. So now it's getting its chance...

EDIT: A bit more research, and I discovered that I started with a number of ICMs shot in the alley and combined in a stack in Affinity Photo using Minimum mode. Then into ACDSee etc.
Is this the image that became the base for the Cat Dreaming series?

ric alexander anything you’d like to share from your archives?
jpclicks what about some of your earlier paintings?
Id love to but hard drive faliures lost all my images shot with previous samsung, motorola phones. Oh he worst oart was losing all my photos from an aushwitz visit. I literally started afresh when i rejoined her a few months back.

Id love to but hard drive faliures lost all my images shot with previous samsung, motorola phones. Oh he worst oart was losing all my photos from an aushwitz visit. I literally started afresh when i rejoined her a few months back.
Ok well in your case ‘archives’ can mean anything created or posted before yesterday :thumbs:

Ok well in your case ‘archives’ can mean anything created or posted before yesterday :thumbs:
Wait, i found a couple from iphone 4 days. Its bot on camera roll so ill try pasting it from scource
Edit- old account from flickr means i cannot grab the image. Ill keep trying though

Wait, i found a couple from iphone 4 days. Its bot on camera roll so ill try pasting it from scource
Edit- old account from flickr means i cannot grab the image. Ill keep trying though
If you can get the URL of the image from Flickr, you can use the embed option on the MobiTog toolbar:

7BC0D08D-E47D-4CC7-817F-2DB7E3C5D899.jpeg

found a way. Had to brighten this one up.

I don’t know about appstract in true sense so if not relevant I’m just posting here to see some old work please delete if they are not applicable.
this one was just mono and a ttv texture over it.

66C1E677-48B9-4522-89C6-327251D61CB2.jpeg

Last edited:
6DF36BD5-CBD4-4BA3-ABC8-65863CC39D04.jpeg

Capitola wharf
Originally posted in b/w in 2020. It's a Slow Shutter Cam ICM shot, and today it's been tinkered with in ACDSee Pro, had an overlay applied in DistressedFX+, and been run through iColorama (Simplify/1 and Water/1, both reduced).

View attachment 182942

Capitola wharf
Originally posted in b/w in 2020. It's a Slow Shutter Cam ICM shot, and today it's been tinkered with in ACDSee Pro, had an overlay applied in DistressedFX+, and been run through iColorama (Simplify/1 and Water/1, both reduced).
That DistressedFx filter works well (over BW, yet!) . And I love the softness of the water & simplify fxs.

3188AAFB-3150-4712-9DF6-922E9EBB2CC4.jpeg

2019. I don’t know what I was thinking, let alone what apps. That cross- cross texture is distinctive but it’s not ringing any bells. I know I drew the whole of her outer body with one line curved line repeated (shortened, stretched, blended differently). Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Still some abstract-ists who haven’t posted from (or posted much from) their archives.
I’ll leave the thread open 12 hours or so just in case. Don’t be modest, it’s not often we get invited to show off our entire ouvres . And, speaking for myself, its interesting to see some of the journey ‘then to now’ different styles emerging, different apps featured . . . And we’re getting a few free tutorials along the way ! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
(I’d be happy to have this thread going permanently)

Here’s a blast from the past. The first time I used “sort” in iColorama. After this I tried in every image I mangled!

View attachment 183005
Love the colours, the palette, all that vertical movement . . . One of my favourites of yours :inlove:
[taking photographs from every angle, where’s that #!%$! colour picker app]

Back
Top Bottom