APPstract APPstract #52 25 June-9July Theme From the archives

This thread is now closed. Thank you to all contributors. It’s been fun to recognise some of previously posted images - and to enjoy some first appearances and/or re-worked versions.
I’ll be back with a winner some time during my work day

Meanwhile, #53 is here

Re-visit images from your archives’ doesn’t provide much in the way of criteria from which to nominate a winner. Luckily ‘Can be tweaked a bit or dramatically re-edited - or posted as is. Tell us a bit about the image’ saved me from judge- paralysis.

So. Third, terse Ted. I probably matched Ted for posting of old images but no-one came close for tweaking, re-editing, sharing the artistic vision and sheer bloody range of content/editing. Thanks, Ted — talented artist and top notch team player :inlove::notworthy::)

Second and First, juryjone Jerry and ImageArt Ann. Unparalleled in the ‘tell us about the image’ category. Both as always quick to respond to questions and generous to a fault with their methods and meanderings - up to and including screenshots! Thank you both :thumbs::notworthy::thumbs:

Woulda been a dead heat for the win but it’s ImageArt Ann by a nose because she posted an image that made a toilet look artistic.

Finally, HMs for everyone who posted: thanks for playing along - I loved the little trip down memory lane :inlove:

Re-visit images from your archives’ doesn’t provide much in the way of criteria from which to nominate a winner. Luckily ‘Can be tweaked a bit or dramatically re-edited - or posted as is. Tell us a bit about the image’ saved me from judge- paralysis.

So. Third, terse Ted. I probably matched Ted for posting of old images but no-one came close for tweaking, re-editing, sharing the artistic vision and sheer bloody range of content/editing. Thanks, Ted — talented artist and top notch team player :inlove::notworthy::)

Second and First, juryjone Jerry and ImageArt Ann. Unparalleled in the ‘tell us about the image’ category. Both as always quick to respond to questions and generous to a fault with their methods and meanderings - up to and including screenshots! Thank you both :thumbs::notworthy::thumbs:

Woulda been a dead heat for the win but it’s ImageArt Ann by a nose because she posted an image that made a toilet look artistic.

Finally, HMs for everyone who posted: thanks for playing along - I loved the little trip down memory lane :inlove:
Congratulations Ann and Jerry, and yes, I did post a few, didn't I? :lol:

Great work Ann, Jerry, and Ted.

Toilet? I missed that one (as men are wont to do.)
Umm, well that’s not a surprise, David, because I didn’t post it in this thread :lmao:

Is it some sort of weird full moon or something because there seems to be a fair bit of confusion around!

I’m very happy to judge the next one but as I didn’t post it here I wonder if juryjone isn’t the legal winner? :confused:

Umm, well that’s not a surprise, David, because I didn’t post it in this thread :lmao:

Is it some sort of weird full moon or something because there seems to be a fair bit of confusion around!

I’m very happy to judge the next one but as I didn’t post it here I wonder if juryjone isn’t the legal winner? :confused:
I’m not surprised to learn that Jen has a few loose threads.

I also briefly closed Ted’s ICM thread instead of this one :oops:
Ann you’re the legal winner - please do lead us into #53 and spare my blushes

Can we see the winner here Ann? I’m confused too.o_O

I also briefly closed Ted’s ICM thread instead of this one :oops:
Ann you’re the legal winner - please do lead us into #53 and spare my blushes

Can we see the winner here Ann? I’m confused too.o_O
I am taking this as zenjenny Jen couldn’t decide on one image so she weighed her favorites and decided on ImageArt Ann as the overall winner. She has said that Ann is the winner twice so let’s run with it. Theme or not, Ann?

PS Not having a particular image does make it difficult to post a winner on Instagram.

I am taking this as zenjenny Jen couldn’t decide on one image so she weighed her favorites and decided on ImageArt Ann as the overall winner. She has said that Ann is the winner twice so let’s run with it. Theme or not, Ann?

PS Not having a particular image does make it difficult to post a winner on Instagram.
Ok, Nature Abstract it is then.

Seems like the perfect opportunity to pick your own favourite of Ann's subs and post that as the winner on Instagram. Do it with enough conviction and enthusiasm and no one will challenge it. :D
I’ve often thought that you are a genius. This is one of those times.

Gee. I thought I addressed all that [above] at the beginning of my wrapup (‘Luckily, ‘can be tweaked…etc’)

I’m very sorry to have caused such consternation. I do understand, though. Closing someone else’s thread, referring to an image the winner posted in another thread, not posting a winning image :eek:. . . And I was late closing the thread. Chaos. Madness. Flagrant disregard for common etiquette.

So. At this stage I doubt anyone would be persuaded by the Bahktinian Carnival defence. The best I can do is beg forgiveness, post a winning image (resist the temptation to post something from this week’s BW) and offer free trauma desensitisation counselling.

Winning image:
E4B8E33F-0805-40C9-A078-81368420B726.jpeg

For personal apologies and/or appointments for phrenology please call my mobile.

Last edited:
View attachment 182292

Cat Dreams started out as three separate images spread over time. At one point, I put the first and third together and thought "Gee, I should come up with one more to make a triptych." It took me some time to discover that I already had "one more," the middle image that I think was actually done first. The title and captions arrived right along with the idea of making the triptych. I have an 8.5 x 24-inch print of this on my wall, but this is the first MobiTog posting with title and captions, I think. (The font is Gill Sans, which is not ideal for this, but the best I had on my iPad. I'm going to have to load some more fonts.)
What a delightful series? I especially like ‘if wishes were fishes“-

Back
Top Bottom