APPstract APPstract #55 8-22 Aug Theme ”Other Worlds”

zenjenny Jen asked if the theme is open to interpretation, yes it is. I should also include it’s open to mangling, for example “Other Words” or Otter World”. Don’t be shy!
Okay, I couldn’t resist. The late, lamented “Otter World”. MidJourney, SuperimposeX
192FB805-9F2D-4FE3-89A8-D0AAD0A7F2E4.jpeg

juryjone Jerry, I can’t seem to find the image generator for Midjourney. I’ve jumped through all kinds of hoops, but can’t seem to figure it out.
They are generated through commands to the MidJourney bot. Here’s a screenshot of MidJourney within the Discord app.Tapping the white ship icon at upper left gives you a list of threads; you should choose one of the newbie threads. You will see messages and images flying by as people generate them. At the bottom is the command prompt line. Enter “/imagine” and the word “prompt” will appear after it. Then enter your prompt. Tap the “send message” button at the right side; hitting enter will not send the command to the bot.

4730E691-670B-4B7A-938E-36253DC2387C.jpeg

Then you have to keep track of your request among all the images flying by, which can be tedious. You will get four variation. You can choose to upscale any of the four (U1, etc.) or further variations of any (V1, etc.). Then you have to keep track of that request.

I decided to $10 monthly subscription for ~200 images per month. Once you subscribe, you can send messages directly to the bot, essentially making your own private thread so you don’t have to constantly search for your requests.
Tap the “people” button at the upper left then the MidJourney Bot Direct Messages item in the menu. Now you have your own command prompt area at the bottom. Hope this helps!

B784E596-2A48-4A2C-BA27-099761C0F574.jpeg

They are generated through commands to the MidJourney bot. Here’s a screenshot of MidJourney within the Discord app.Tapping the white ship icon at upper left gives you a list of threads; you should choose one of the newbie threads. You will see messages and images flying by as people generate them. At the bottom is the command prompt line. Enter “/imagine” and the word “prompt” will appear after it. Then enter your prompt. Tap the “send message” button at the right side; hitting enter will not send the command to the bot.

View attachment 184443

Then you have to keep track of your request among all the images flying by, which can be tedious. You will get four variation. You can choose to upscale any of the four (U1, etc.) or further variations of any (V1, etc.). Then you have to keep track of that request.

I decided to $10 monthly subscription for ~200 images per month. Once you subscribe, you can send messages directly to the bot, essentially making your own private thread so you don’t have to constantly search for your requests.
Tap the “people” button at the upper left then the MidJourney Bot Direct Messages item in the menu. Now you have your own command prompt area at the bottom. Hope this helps!

View attachment 184444
Sheesh….not what I’d call intuitive. Yesterday I couldn’t see any newbie threads, today they popped right up. Thanks for the quick tute. I was able to generate an image (and four more before I realized I had to scroll down to find the “upgrades”. :lmao:)

Sheesh….not what I’d call intuitive. Yesterday I couldn’t see any newbie threads, today they popped right up. Thanks for the quick tute. I was able to generate an image (and four more before I realized I had to scroll down to find the “upgrades”. :lmao:)
Not intuitive AT ALL. I had to wallow around for days before finding out how to do it. There’s a good amount of instruction on how to create prompts, but nothing on how to get to where you enter the prompts.

Back
Top Bottom