APPStracts, Photo Impressionism and other Mangled Images

IMG_7636.jpeg

Gateway to the Mystic Mountains

IMG_7638.jpeg

Last edited:
Could just be that the reds looked good? That's how it works with me, often enough.
I’m usually drawn to oranges and reds. Earlier in the process I was featuring a woman rather than trees. I am trying not to do that because it’s what most photo compositors do. I’m trying to develop some sort of style.

This one took me by surprise when it popped up after loading. Those light whites, blues, and grays really make it stand out. (The guy in the cap looks like my neighbor down the street.)
Not my usual color palette at all. We were driving through a small town north of here.

I spent the morning messing around with iColorama, mostly to see if I could figure out why It freezes on me. The problem appears to be my Apple Pencil. It freezes if I use the pencil, but if I use my finger, it doesn’t freeze. Hmmmmm.
IMG_1563.jpeg

I spent the morning messing around with iColorama, mostly to see if I could figure out why It freezes on me. The problem appears to be my Apple Pencil. It freezes if I use the pencil, but if I use my finger, it doesn’t freeze. Hmmmmm.
View attachment 195968
Interesting. I’ll take a look at that on my iPad Pro.

No. And it doesn’t happen in iColorama on my other iPads. (Yes, I have 3 :rolleyes: ) Very bizarre.
I find nothing odd about having multiple iPads :mobibabe:

I'm thrashing about a bit for an answer. It feels like a bug in iColorama, but have you tried un-pairing and then re-pairing the pencil?

Very nice. That Distressed filter can be very heavy-handed. This, with the sky and water reflecting, is lovely.
Thanks, Jen. I took the original this morning, already planning to turn it into a night or evening shot, but I was thinking of maybe a sunset. This came out instead :lmao:

You're right about DFX. I usually play with the blend modes and the opacity and sometimes the rotation to tame the effects, but that doesn't work on all of them.

Back
Top Bottom