• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Discussion: Are you really confident with clip-on lenses?

TomHH

MobiPassionista
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Tom
Device
Pixel
As I broke the mount adapter from my Rhinoshield case and had to order a new one, I also grab the Rhino 2-in-1 wide angle and marco lens. Not the 4k version but the cheaper one. It's doing pretty well for 25 bucks.

No correction of distortion
IMG_20200525_182031.jpg

TomHH

MobiPassionista
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Tom
Device
Pixel
As I wasn't really confident with the Rhinoshield 2 in 1 lens I returned it and ordered 2 more Sirui lenses: wide angle with CPL and a macro lens. They will arrive on Thursday.

The Rhino wide was okay in regards of sharpness but with distortion, the macro was only usable in the very centre.
So 2 in 1 didn't really work out.

Let's see how dedicated lenses work...

TomHH

MobiPassionista
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Tom
Device
Pixel
So here is the first shot with the macro lens which is way better than the Rhino one
IMG_20200604_190244.jpg

just out of the camera.
Also the wide angle lens has nearly no distortion. I will post shots when it stops raining again.

BTW - Sirui reduced the prices of the lenses in their shop. If someone is looking for a gadget!?
Latest series fits the Moment mount and the IQ is up to the Moment lenses but way cheaper.

TomHH

MobiPassionista
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Tom
Device
Pixel
IMG_20200605_165027.jpg

Similar shot with Sirui wide angle in comparison to post #80 Rhinoshield - both out of camera

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
So here is the first shot with the macro lens which is way better than the Rhino one
View attachment 158143
just out of the camera.
Also the wide angle lens has nearly no distortion. I will post shots when it stops raining again.

BTW - Sirui reduced the prices of the lenses in their shop. If someone is looking for a gadget!?
Latest series fits the Moment mount and the IQ is up to the Moment lenses but way cheaper.
Very nice. I looked into these at the same time as getting my Moment lenses a while back but in the end I went for Moment because I got them on sale. I would definitely consider them if I didn’t already have all the lenses I need.