Argentum Camera - Black & White and Double Exposure

WOTANICUS

IOTM WInner - Sept 21
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
Inadvertant 'secret selfie', while testing Argentums 'torch mode'. Accessed by tapping the flash icon twice.

E5E93D74-386D-45A0-949A-8D692AD2B3B7.jpeg

terse

IotM May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21; Oct, Nov 22
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
Another b/w camera app to throw in the mix is Blackie:

Some Cons

Developer web site has disappeared.

Last updated in November 2020 for iPhone 12. (Not necessarily an issue since it's working.)

Can't shoot raw.

Some Pros

Cheap! $0.99US

Can save color original along with b/w.

Manual focus and exposure controls, with focus peaking.

9 film-type filters plus classic b/w color filters (red, orange, yellow, etc.)

Can open photos from the camera roll for editing.

Can save custom presets. This is the major feature of the app, I think. You can save up to 8 presets with custom settings for film type, brightness, contrast, color filter, vignette, fade, shadows, highlights, sharpness, grain, and frame.

Note: In the preferences, there is an option for "Compression." If it's on, the app saves JPGs. If it's off, the app saves TIFs. The JPGs run around 3.5MB, the TIFs over 30MB.

WOTANICUS

IOTM WInner - Sept 21
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini

Some Cons

Last updated in November 2020 for iPhone 12. (Not necessarily an issue since it's working.)

Can't shoot raw.

Some Pros

Cheap! $0.99US

Can save custom presets. This is the major feature of the app, I think. You can save up to 8 presets with custom settings for film type, brightness, contrast, color filter, vignette, fade, shadows, highlights, sharpness, grain, and frame.

Note: In the preferences, there is an option for "Compression." If it's on, the app saves JPGs. If it's off, the app saves TIFs. The JPGs run around 3.5MB, the TIFs over 30MB.

oh lordy - another good one. Lots of room for experimentation there. Not bad at all for the price and no ads or in app buys.

WOTANICUS

IOTM WInner - Sept 21
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
Ha ha well I am showing serious symptoms of exposure!

Comparison of Blackie and Argentum with similar settings.
7087B392-D76E-4BDB-8402-3059249B9F24.jpeg
Taken with Argentum

81223452-96ED-4DDF-8690-CF1EDD9F2C63.jpeg

Taken with Blackie

sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Onsite
Project Page

Some Cons

Can't shoot raw.

Some Pros

Cheap! $0.99US

Also not available on Android :rolleyes:

sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Onsite
Project Page
Every once in a while I get an idea that iPhones aren’t the end all and be all of mobile photography. Then you post this sort of thing. Thanks!! :D
Well Ted does mention that the dev may have abandoned it and I've always been puzzled by the slightly non pc name of this app in these sensitive times :eek:

I've resurrected the Lenka b/w app that is no longer available on Android but you can download an older version. I think this was on both platforms.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - Jul 20, Feb 22
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Well Ted does mention that the dev may have abandoned it and I've always been puzzled by the slightly non pc name of this app in these sensitive times :eek:

I've resurrected the Lenka b/w app that is no longer available on Android but you can download an older version. I think this was on both platforms.
I believe I still have Lenka. I grabbed a few black and white apps when I was going to hone my bnw skills again. I then proceeded to still take them in color and convert. :rolleyes:

terse

IotM May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21; Oct, Nov 22
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page

There's another one that's available on both... Is it BlackCam?

Top Bottom