• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the still current serious situation facing us all right now! Continue to heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Awards!: TS43 2pm Saturday Sept-3

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Saturday, 2pm, Time Stamp, no theme.

Overview:
Participants will make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

Rules:
- Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.
- All images must be shot between 2:00pm to 2:10pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 10 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm. Be careful not to remove the creation time & date from your image metadata.
- You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:10pm window of opportunity.
- You may enter up to 3 images. To reward your enthusiasm you can have an extra 5 minutes for each additional image (up to 2), after 2pm for your extra 2 shots. This means, if you choose to enter 3 pictures, your total window of opportunity will be 20 minutes in total. If you are submitting one image your window of opportunity remains the original 10 minutes. Remember, that includes editing time.
- Post your images to this thread. Images posted using the Mobitog app at 1024px are perfectly OK. No need to send high resolution images via Safari.
- Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). There's no point in delaying since any editing must be completed within the official window of opportunity. You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.
- Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

Now Weekly!:
• Time Stamp has become a regular weekly event! We will stick to the current Saturday at 2 pm time slot for a while until we decide to try some other time. This week will have no theme but other weeks might (so pay attention!).
• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.
• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.
- Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Took Dolly and Molly on a last trip before I send them off on Monday. We went for a late breakfast in Repulse Bay, a very expat area where we thought about living but it is on the other side of Hong Kong island and might have left me quite isolated and Tom with long journeys to work.

At 2pm we found ourselves buying groceries at the supermarket there which is one of the best in Hong Kong so I rushed outside to see if I could get any decent photos. All edited with Snapseed.

I am always amused at the headwear worn by ladies in the construction industry or where a hard hat is necessary. I have yet to get a really good photo of some priceless versions. The one below on the left is quite mild compared to some alterations you get:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Garden Clock
image.jpeg

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
When I ventured out in the rain today, little did I know that I would find myself discussing Ukranian art and the Napoleonic war. This is what Time Stamp does for you - it gets you out meeting interesting people, or looking at interesting things, or finding something interesting in the seemingly mundane. :)

2pm found me outside the Norman Cross Gallery taking a photo of the outside because it was locked.
image.jpeg

Then Derek Lopez appeared, the owner of the gallery (and the house and land it sits on) and opened the gallery especially for me This photo was taken out of order, but it fits here.

image.jpeg

He is Chairman of the Friends of Norman Cross and very passionate about history and art. This society promotes the historic site of the prisoner of war camp founded in 1797 to relieve the crowded coastal prisons housing French prisoners from the Napoleonic war. Interestingly, Napoleon authorised and paid for special food for these prisoners. They ate better than their guards. 30,000 prisoners passed through the prison in its lifetime.

image.jpeg

I actually went to see the work of a 78 year old Ukranian artist, Alexander Milovzorov, as this was his first exhibition in the UK. The pictures were a pictorial history of the Ukraine peasant struggle. ImageArt Ann would love the collage-like way he works. I've added the image below off challenge to show you his beautiful work. Derek was so passionate that I didn't like to stem his flow to take more photos in the allotted time. :)

image.jpeg

It depicts part of Ukranian folklore. This is the marriage of the mermaid, who took human form in order to bring water to the peasants.

It was such an interesting hour. I am now going to become one of the Friends of Norman Cross.:)

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Took Dolly and Molly on a last trip before I send them off on Monday. We went for a late breakfast in Repulse Bay, a very expat area where we thought about living but it is on the other side of Hong Kong island and might have left me quite isolated and Tom with long journeys to work.

At 2pm we found ourselves buying groceries at the supermarket there which is one of the best in Hong Kong so I rushed outside to see if I could get any decent photos. All edited with Snapseed.

I am always amused at the headwear worn by ladies in the construction industry or where a hard hat is necessary. I have yet to get a really good photo of some priceless versions. The one below on the left is quite mild compared to some alterations you get:

View attachment 81395

View attachment 81396

View attachment 81397

Garden Clock
View attachment 81398
Must be sooo nice living there! [emoji177]

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
At two o'clock I found myself on the way to the nearby shopping MILE, which is just around the corner from where I stood at just 2-O. This is the back (f the "Dramatische Bühne" (dramatic stage) where the "Frankfurt Ghost", (der Frankfurter Geist) painted at least the middle "window".

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472920122.107912.jpg

I know only his ghosts, so I'm not sure if he is painting other styles as well, maybe they invited different artists to do the job. Anyway around the corner of the old manufacture are even more of his funny ghosts (one is even on the dust bin of our house [emoji317][emoji1], you can find them everywhere, which I think is lovely).

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472920345.094136.jpg

Then I went around the corner to give you glimpse of the street, full of shops from cheap to dear, supermarkets, stores, little shops with totally different things and of course cafes and restaurants.
The windows on the left belong to one of the last Woolworth', it now changed more into a kind of £-Shop.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472920575.545877.jpg

Bonus:
I was tempted to get this vintage radio tin box, but though reduced I thought it too dear.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472920699.653568.jpg

And while strolling through the shop I was actually not sure anymore, but the paper bag showed, yes, it is still Woolworth (the subline says : the action shopping market) - but there is no action going on there [emoji23])

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472920856.784780.jpg

Upper three (counting) ones: FusionHDR, bonus picts: 6pod native cam

PS: I'm in!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Well, I was supposed to be out on a hike at 2:00pm today... I am still going out, but as the clock neared ever closer it found me dancing in my living room. [emoji854]

I started out with some of my favorite Enigma songs (no dancing was involved at this point) - Prism of Life, Sadeness, Return to Innocence - here I was cleaning today's farmers market purchases. Then, Prince came on... uh oh... the feet started moving... then when Fatboy Slim "Praise You" came on it was all over.... [emoji126](no selfies or videos tho... [emoji848])

In between and during my dance set I was unpacking a new purchase: a KitchenAid Hand Blender. I'm not big on a lot of gadgets and pretty much keep it simple, but I was perusing some great recipes from Oh She Glows, and many require blending or mixing, and I don't think my Ninja smoothie blender will do well with some of them. I've had this blender saved in my Amazon wish list for awhile now so I broke down and ordered it. More bits than I really want to deal with but I think I'll use most of them, esp if I make the recipes I want.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472926287.417763.jpg

Shot set up whilst boogying, made at 2:00pm, edited in Snapseed.

(Oh boy, Nu Shooz "I Can't Wait" is on....blast from the past!! See ya.. got some more dancing to do!! vixenscry Vix where is my dance partner when I need her?!?!) [emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126]

EDIT: Okay, I have this to say to the blender... Where have you been all my life??

I had a peach and nectarine that weren't very juicy, so I chopped them, added some unfiltered apple juice and simmered them for awhile. Added cinnamon, ground ginger, a shot of apple cider vinegar and a little pure maple syrup. Just a few short "bursts" with the immersion blender and it was the texture of a thick apple sauce!! [emoji33][emoji120][emoji173]️

Last edited:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I decided to try an experiment today. My two quadcopters are both made to use specific cameras. Of the two I thought it more feasible to fasten my old iPod 4 onto the Blade 350QX instead of the usual GoPro camera. The Autel X-Star Premium uses a special gimbal mounted camera and mounting the iPod there doesn't look easy.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472928894.332296.jpg

Once I got it up I the air from the sheltered spot it was really a bit too windy up there for smooth flying.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472929021.063674.jpg

Fortunately my elastic bands didn't break. Since this was my first attempt I didn't really have a good camera angle figured out.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472929099.626792.jpg

An attempt at a 360 shot with iPod 4, TriggerTrap operating the native camera on a simple 2 second time-lapse mode and assembled in AutoStitch.
My old iPod has a very short running time due to a tired old battery so I can only get a few minutes out of it before the first battery warning comes up. My iPhone 6 is too heavy compared to the GoPro it was made to carry.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472929690.419666.jpg

Clifftop photo with iPhone 6, Fusion.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Well, I was supposed to be out on a hike at 2:00pm today... I am still going out, but as the clock neared ever closer it found me dancing in my living room. [emoji854]

I started out with some of my favorite Enigma songs (no dancing was involved at this point) - Prism of Life, Sadeness, Return to Innocence - here I was cleaning today's farmers market purchases. Then, Prince came on... uh oh... the feet started moving... then when Fatboy Slim "Praise You" came on it was all over.... [emoji126](no selfies or videos tho... [emoji848])

In between and during my dance set I was unpacking a new purchase: a KitchenAid Hand Blender. I'm not big on a lot of gadgets and pretty much keep it simple, but I was perusing some great recipes from Oh She Glows, and many require blending or mixing, and I don't think my Ninja smoothie blender will do well with some of them. I've had this blender saved in my Amazon wish list for awhile now so I broke down and ordered it. More bits than I really want to deal with but I think I'll use most of them, esp if I make the recipes I want.

View attachment 81420
Shot set up whilst boogying, made at 2:00pm, edited in Snapseed.

(Oh boy, Nu Shooz "I Can't Wait" is on....blast from the past!! See ya.. got some more dancing to do!! vixenscry Vix where is my dance partner when I need her?!?!) [emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126]
I can just picture all this happening. There's just one thing that puzzles me. Considering all the exuberant dancing going on the photo looks so organized - like it is completely missing out on the dancing action.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
image.jpeg

I left my camera/phone (and 2pm TimeStamp images) at my sis' place :( So instead I'll share a poster she (or someone else) shared with me. I think most of these ladies look like a nice G&T would do them the world of good :D

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
When I ventured out in the rain today, little did I know that I would find myself discussing Ukranian art and the Napoleonic war. This is what Time Stamp does for you - it gets you out meeting interesting people, or looking at interesting things, or finding something interesting in the seemingly mundane. :)

2pm found me outside the Norman Cross Gallery taking a photo of the outside because it was locked.
View attachment 81408

Then Derek Lopez appeared, the owner of the gallery (and the house and land it sits on) and opened the gallery especially for me This photo was taken out of order, but it fits here.

View attachment 81409

He is Chairman of the Friends of Norman Cross and very passionate about history and art. This society promotes the historic site of the prisoner of war camp founded in 1797 to relieve the crowded coastal prisons housing French prisoners from the Napoleonic war. Interestingly, Napoleon authorised and paid for special food for these prisoners. They ate better than their guards. 30,000 prisoners passed through the prison in its lifetime.

View attachment 81410
I actually went to see the work of a 78 year old Ukranian artist, Alexander Milovzorov, as this was his first exhibition in the UK. The pictures were a pictorial history of the Ukraine peasant struggle. ImageArt Ann would love the collage-like way he works. I've added the image below off challenge to show you his beautiful work. Derek was so passionate that I didn't like to stem his flow to take more photos in the allotted time. :)

View attachment 81411

It depicts part of Ukranian folklore. This is the marriage of the mermaid, who took human form in order to bring water to the peasants.

It was such an interesting hour. I am now going to become one of the Friends of Norman Cross.:)
Yes, like the white outlines. Shall have to add some of those!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
View attachment 81431

I left my camera/phone (and 2pm TimeStamp images) at my sis' place :( So instead I'll share a poster she (or someone else) shared with me. I think most of these ladies look like a nice G&T would do them the world of good :D
LOL!! [emoji483]

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
At 2 today we were on the Amtrak Cascades going from Seattle to Portland. It was filled almost to capacity, which is not my usual (and admittedly limited) Amtrak experience.
All shot with Hipstamatic.

Northbound train on a track about 8 feet away

Rural Washington

Empty seat next to mother of two young boys

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 81431

They ooze righteous disapproval. I wonder if the photographer brandished a whisky bottle instead of getting them to say cheese?

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yes, like the white outlines. Shall have to add some of those!
Yes, I liked those. My photo doesn't do justice to the painting. The white lines are thick lines of paint. The background is beautiful washes of blue and brown denoting the land and water. Everything has a meaning and that's something I'd like to bring to my collages. The exhibition moves to London, so you might, if you had time, be able to see it there.