• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

Time Stamp AWARDS: TS83 2pm Saturday June-10

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Saturday, 2pm, TimeStamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Overview:

Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.
Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.
• Have some creative fun!
Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.
• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.
• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.
• Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

ubbyisis

MobiLurver
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Gaaah - just before 2 everything was fine. But then he got angry when I came with the phone. Photo shot at 14:01:13 but I messed up with my time stamping app as I did not find the one I like the best.

Shot with native cam iPhone 6s+. Edited in Snapseed.

This is really a moment from our everyday life. Our son in his room watching Mr Bean and listening to Balkan pop at the same time. Parents get headache [emoji856][emoji851][emoji4]

FullSizeRender.jpg

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Gaaah - just before 2 everything was fine. But then he got angry when I came with the phone. Photo shot at 14:01:13 but I messed up with my time stamping app as I did not find the one I like the best.

Shot with native cam iPhone 6s+. Edited in Snapseed.

This is really a moment from our everyday life. Our son in his room watching Mr Bean and listening to Balkan pop at the same time. Parents get headache [emoji856][emoji851][emoji4]

View attachment 94866
I had another combination when back in my teen years. But tele and radio was as weird. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

Last edited:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Another day at the mall, sitting at Starbucks and hope for a good connection. 2.40pm now and I have my green tea before me an am ready to post before I get some other stuff for the trip.
Didn't hear my prepare alert cause I had the iPod silent. Realised that 5 mins to 2 and changed it. To give some other than shopping pictures I took a detour through the pet shop.
There were Guinea pigs,

IMG_7387.JPG

Lion bunnies (look at his modern haircut! Though blurry, hope you can see it)

IMG_7386.JPG

a dwarf agame (Zwergagame) I could hardly resist to take home (he really came up to be on the picture! Isn't he cute! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7])

IMG_7384.JPG

and last, but not least: fishes.

IMG_7383.JPG

All Hipsta, 3 had to be rehipstaed, the black and white fish had no real power …
And it seems all pictures did upload. Now I hope all will post at 2.50.

ubbyisis

MobiLurver
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Another day at the mall, sitting at Starbucks and hope for a good connection. 2.40pm now and I have my green tea before me an am ready to post before I get some other stuff for the trip.
Didn't hear my prepare alert cause I had the iPod silent. Realised that 5 mins to 2 and changed it. To give some other than shopping pictures I took a detour through the pet shop.
There were Guinea pigs,

View attachment 94867

Lion bunnies (look at his modern haircut! Though blurry, hope you can see it)

View attachment 94868

a dwarf agame (Zwergagame) I could hardly resist to take home (he really came up to be on the picture! Isn't he cute! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7])

View attachment 94870

and last, but not least: fishes.

View attachment 94871

All Hipsta, 3 had to be rehipstaed, the black and white fish had no real power …
And it seems all pictures did upload. Now I hope all will post at 2.50.
Nice zoo[emoji1303][emoji851][emoji7]

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I was waiting at home to see if Rizole would arrive in the chat room at 2pm but no sight or sound:
IMG_5948.JPG

Decided to quickly go out in the garden and got this lucky shot which I put through Hipstamatic, Yuri 61 + RTV + Pop Rox
IMG_5945.JPG

And then with a little more time to kill I took a shot through Imaengine and blended it back in iColorama with a border:
IMG_5946.JPG

Here's a bigger view of the shrub from last week:
IMG_5949.JPG

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I was in the supermarket at 2pm today. We'd been doing lots of tidying up in the garden this morning for the arrival next Friday of RoseCat Catherine, but we needed provisions, so out I went

IMG_4984.JPG

2pm found me in aisle 7 scrabbling about trying to turn off my alarm.

HipstamaticPhoto-518793222.974621.jpg

A close up of the couple in aisle 7 who spent quite a bit of time discussing breakfast cereal.

HipstamaticPhoto-518793158.566139.jpg

Jams and marmalades.
All Hipsta.
I'm hoping that my next Saturday's Time Stamp images will make up for these unexciting offerings. :rolleyes:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I was waiting at home to see if Rizole would arrive in the chat room at 2pm but no sight or sound:
View attachment 94872
Decided to quickly go out in the garden and got this lucky shot which I put through Hipstamatic, Yuri 61 + RTV + Pop Rox
View attachment 94873

And then with a little more time to kill I took a shot through Imaengine and blended it back in iColorama with a border:
View attachment 94874

View attachment 94875
Ahhhh, now I see that it's a shrub and these are the flowers. Yes, you're right Ann, it's that honeysuckle plant thingy that you said.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 94872
View attachment 94873

View attachment 94874

View attachment 94875
Oh, Ann, your shot of pure serendipity is fantasmagoric! Not only the crispness of the bee is overwhelming, but also seeing she is sticking her tongue out before she arrives at the blossom! This is a National Geographic piece of art. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
Like the others, too, hope Rizole appeared soon after or are you still waiting? But the bee is a bummer!

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I was in the supermarket at 2pm today. We'd been doing lots of tidying up in the garden this morning for the arrival next Friday of RoseCat Catherine, but we needed provisions, so out I went

View attachment 94879

View attachment 94880
A close up of the couple in aisle 7 who spent quite a bit of time discussing breakfast cereal.

View attachment 94881
Jams and marmalades.
All Hipsta.
I'm hoping that my next Saturday's Time Stamp images will make up for these unexciting offerings. :rolleyes:
Colourful jams like a painting. [emoji177] The couple is great, but your story about the alert made me laugh. Happened to me a couple of times, too. [emoji23] isn't it funny that turning it off when you feel sheepish about it is such a problem and near to nothing when you're comfy? [emoji15][emoji1]

ubbyisis

MobiLurver
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 94872
View attachment 94873

View attachment 94874

View attachment 94875
Wow, good work! You must have super powers for doing all this in such a short time [emoji1320][emoji41]

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I had to work today, but left before 2pm so I was just walking in the door as the alarm went off. These aren't great images but depict a bit of my excitement that I'll be flying to London tomorrow!!!

B9159951-FAC2-456A-A44B-DF57ED10A19A.jpg

Packed and ready to go!

60051CB0-7011-4427-91A6-B65B88D239BC.jpg

These shoes are made for walkin'...

VSCO

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

View attachment 94879

View attachment 94880

View attachment 94881
Jams and marmalades.
All Hipsta.
I'm beyond excited to see you and your garden!!!! [emoji1][emoji322][emoji1323][emoji258][emoji255][emoji269][emoji173]️