• MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2021 > ARE READY FOR YOU TO SIGN-UP < JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • > STAY SAFE whichever way you choose to deal with the Virus! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! PLEASE heed your local warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Help each other stay sane & safe in our distancing/isolation to face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Awards! TS94 2pm Saturday Aug-26

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Saturday, 2pm, TimeStamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Overview:

Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.

• Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Not sure if I'm in again this week. I'm playing in the Saturday Ladies Golf Medal. Unlike Hong Kong where our golf was casual, this is a serious competition and I am playing with a lady who is to me a 'new' member. Of course I have been away for three years so she isn't new really. I'm the one that actually feels like the new kid on the block!

So I shall have to switch off my alarm and hope, one, that I remember, two that there is an appropriate moment and that it is acceptable.

However, the course is looking absolutely beautiful with all the heather out and I shall have to post a photo regardless. I think I can probably use this as an excuse to make it fine.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Not sure if I'm in again this week. I'm playing in the Saturday Ladies Golf Medal. Unlike Hong Kong where our golf was casual, this is a serious competition and I am playing with a lady who is to me a 'new' member. Of course I have been away for three years so she isn't new really. I'm the one that actually feels like the new kid on the block!

So I shall have to switch off my alarm and hope, one, that I remember, two that there is an appropriate moment and that it is acceptable.

However, the course is looking absolutely beautiful with all the heather out and I shall have to post a photo regardless. I think I can probably use this as an excuse to make it fine.

Crossing fingers for you, Ann! Send us a picture from your won trophy, no matter what time you've finished. Good luck!!!! [emoji256][emoji221]

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I was at the farm shop near us at 1.55pm and my phone was vibrating like mad. By just after 2pm I was home.

IMG_7411.JPG

As I got out of the car, the front garden.

IMG_7415.JPG

My salad leaves growing happily in my repurposed tractor tyre.

IMG_7418.JPG

Some of my purchases from the farm shop. I was given the bruised pear because they're over ripe. /the sweetcorn is the sweetest I've ever had. We'll be having those with the cheese flan that I made this afternoon.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I was at the farm shop near us at 1.55pm and my phone was vibrating like mad. By just after 2pm I was home.

View attachment 98220
As I got out of the car, the front garden.

View attachment 98221
My salad leaves growing happily in my repurposed tractor tyre.

View attachment 98222
Some of my purchases from the farm shop. I was given the bruised pear because they're over ripe. /the sweetcorn is the sweetest I've ever had. We'll be having those with the cheese flan that I made this afternoon.
So green and LUSH. :inlove:
Ooooo....cheese flan??? :drool:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I didn't keep very good track of time, and was stopped at a red light at a really ugly, busy intersection when my alarm went off. :mad: Just 5 minutes earlier and I would have been shopping at my local organic market. So I drove a bit, turned down this street hoping to find something interesting.... but it was just a huge tree lined neighborhood with big houses.

8A7E10F2-6F24-4DE8-8211-B7F62400670C.jpg

VSCO, Snapseed

1E4F3DA7-58FD-461D-B2E9-B3BBF6E051A3.jpg

VSCO

520CA4A2-F958-47F7-8C21-3652AEFCD329.jpg

RNI Flashback

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I didn't keep very good track of time, and was stopped at a red light at a really ugly, busy intersection when my alarm went off. :mad: Just 5 minutes earlier and I would have been shopping at my local organic market. So I drove a bit, turned down this street hoping to find something interesting.... but it was just a huge tree lined neighborhood with big houses.

View attachment 98233
VSCO, Snapseed

View attachment 98231
VSCO

View attachment 98232
RNI Flashback
What a lovely area. It looks very upmarket. Super editing too.:thumbs:

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
The first wave of rain from hurricane Harvey hit my area earlier. I was hoping to get some heavy rain shots to post up, but the rain has slowed a bit for right now. So I took the dog out to potty and snapped some shots of the "damage". Water everywhere...

HipstamaticPhoto-525468525.679810.jpg

HipstamaticPhoto-525468889.343767.jpg

Pretty much my whole yard is flooded. I was squishing through the grass the whole time.

HipstamaticPhoto-525468485.196629.jpg

Hobbit, our oldest cat, wondering why I'm bothering him on his sleep day. [emoji23] he's been in this spot since 5 am. He promptly went back to sleep after I walked away.

It's the sleep couch...

HipstamaticPhoto-525469823.739813.jpg

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
First of all, I hope anyone experiencing the Hurricane Harvey in or near Texas comes through it OK.

We were just about to head home from Fredericton but it was less than an hour until 2 so we decided to hang around at the outdoor craft fair right on the main street, Queen Street, at a green space by a historic building.
There was a juggling act that finished up with big bubbles for the kids but ended just a couple of minutes before 2 but I put it in to show some action. Cut from a slow-mo video made in native cam.
IMG_0815.JPG

A close pano with the native cam. This stall featured felted yarn objects like the little birds on the left and complicated projects like the large picture on the right.
IMG_0776.JPG

The first frame of a 7 shot burst with native cam. This booth gave people a chance to try their hand at various crafts, in this case pottery. A young girl was trying to make a bowl. It ended up more like a plate but that didn't lessen her enjoyment.
IMG_0779.JPG

Fabi made this photo of my daughter & I watching a silly skit.
IMG_1737.JPG

On the way out I made front and back views of this large Canada 150 3D sign/display/sculpture thing.
IMG_0813.JPG

Made with Diptic. It frustrated me not to be able to simply put 2 pictures side by side without all the border stuff.

Last edited:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Museumsuferfest in Frankfurt! (Museum Riverbank Festival)
At 2'o I was just finishing watching what's on the first floor of the Historical Museum. Apart from the exhibits there are a lot of columns narrowly lined and hard to get good shots through it, but my 2'o shot turned out to look great:

HipstamaticPhoto-525441622.974150.jpg

Then I took the stairs up to the second floor. I've never been to this museum as i always thought it's a museum of history, but I found the historical museum is different. And it just reopened after a couple of years. In the basement there are original parts from the Stauffer time, parts of old ground walls, pottery pieces they dug out as well and such things. Ground floor and the other three above show things that citizens of Frankfurt (rich ones of course) collected, and to my astonishment everything you can think of. Paintings big and small, coins, armour, butterflies, bones, pottery … it's absolutely worth going. And here are some of the many, many pictures I did within my time frame. (All Hipstamatic.)

HipstamaticPhoto-525520332.890448.jpg

HipstamaticPhoto-525448785.615480.jpg

HipstamaticPhoto-525448953.720857.jpg

And this one I took from inside the pottery cabinet. Two blokes try to solve the vase puzzle in the children's corner. And it seems it's not too easy as I heard a lot of discussions of which side up and more. Was very funny. [emoji4]

HipstamaticPhoto-525442536.184109.jpg

And one for Brian. Maybe you can set the time right. [emoji4]

HipstamaticPhoto-525442716.827826.jpg

Last edited:

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The first wave of rain from hurricane Harvey hit my area earlier. I was hoping to get some heavy rain shots to post up, but the rain has slowed a bit for right now. So I took the dog out to potty and snapped some shots of the "damage". Water everywhere...

View attachment 98236

View attachment 98237

Pretty much my whole yard is flooded. I was squishing through the grass the whole time.

View attachment 98238

Hobbit, our oldest cat, wondering why I'm bothering him on his sleep day. [emoji23] he's been in this spot since 5 am. He promptly went back to sleep after I walked away.

It's the sleep couch...

View attachment 98240
Phew! I'm glad to hear that you haven't suffered too much Valeri. Lovely images. I like the idea of a sleep couch.:D

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Museumsuferfest in Frankfurt! (Museum Riverbank Festival)
At 2'o I was just finishing watching what's on the first floor of the Historical Museum. Apart from the exhibits there are a lot of columns narrowly lined and hard to get good shots through it, but my 2'o shot turned out to look great:

View attachment 98266

Then I took the stairs up to the second floor. I've never been to this museum as i always thought it's a museum of history, but I found the historical museum is different. And it just reopened after a couple of years. In the basement there are original parts from the Stauffer time, parts of old ground walls, pottery pieces they dug out as well and such things. Ground floor and the other three above show things that citizens of Frankfurt (rich ones of course) collected, and to my astonishment everything you can think of. Paintings big and small, coins, armour, butterflies, bones, pottery … it's absolutely worth going. And here are some of the many, many pictures I did within my time frame. (All Hipstamatic.)

View attachment 98267

View attachment 98268

View attachment 98269

And this one I took from inside the pottery cabinet. To blokes try to solve the base puzzle in the children's corner. And it sees it's not too easy as I heard a lot of discussions of which side up and more. Was very funny. [emoji4]

View attachment 98270

And one for Brian. Maybe you can set the time right. [emoji4]

View attachment 98271

A museum in Frankfurt that you haven't been to Gouvy? I don't believe it! And this looks like a good one from you photos. I love the image of the two men pondering the mystery of the puzzle. Brilliant.