Awesome Responsibility!

Unkei

MobiPassionista
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone SE
26B1AAE7-5753-49FB-95FE-32E7F4D2D932.jpeg
A photo of my deep cover gun and badge. Taken with iPhone 5S, Native Camera, no PP.
David

Is it deep cover if you post pics on mobitog ? o_O Are we in the staff room at risk of being tied to chairs & beaten with phone books to disclose your contact details ?

On another matter, I’ve never seen a .22 Magnum before, but I’ve read lots of detective/police procedural fiction — and I don’t know why I thought they were a lot bigger.

Over here, guns have to be licensed and locked up in proper cabinets.....I feel a bit nervous just seeing that one just lying around. Tell me you’ve put it safely away now :thumbs: :mobibabe:

I guess this would have fit into last weeks Still LIFE theme.
I'm not that impressed with images of guns on MobiTog, I thought we were gentler folk around here, but hey what do I know.

Is it deep cover if you post pics on mobitog ? o_O Are we in the staff room at risk of being tied to chairs & beaten with phone books to disclose your contact details ?

On another matter, I’ve never seen a .22 Magnum before, but I’ve read lots of detective/police procedural fiction — and I don’t know why I thought they were a lot bigger.

Over here, guns have to be licensed and locked up in proper cabinets.....I feel a bit nervous just seeing that one just lying around. Tell me you’ve put it safely away now :thumbs: :mobibabe:

Swore

I am a retired LEO with 36 years of service! I am still required to protect the citizenry...those who are helpless and dependent on the police! I carry a weapon or more all times..ready to do the job I was trained for. No weapons in my home are unloaded or locked up! My son is 47 and in another state. So..I don’t really have a need to keep my weapons in an unloaded state...no children to consider..and an unloaded weapon is in reality only a blunt weapon! Of course..even for our citizens who are not law enforcement, we still have the right to keep and bear arms! My wife and I always wanted to move to Austraila..but what I considered Draconian laws like these kept us in the good old USA! No!....I don’t keep loaded weapons just laying around for innocents to grab....but... they are ready to hand to protect those same innocents! Guess we just have a different viewpoint here in the States. Yes..we have murders here..and guns are frequently used in those. But.. it is not the guns that cause the problem anymore than it is the cars that cause accidents....it is the idiots that are negligent or guilty in each and every case! No.. that gun and my others are not just lying around....but they are available if needed! I posted that photo to state the terrible responsibility that comes with being charged with the protection of the innocent! In my 36 years as a law enforcement officer...I have been stabbed once and shot twice...But I have never shirked the duty I swore to uphold, and I have never regretted putting my life on the line to do so! My wife was also an Officer, and she also knew her life was forfeit if the need to protect the innocent was there. We just did the job that we swore to do! I guess some things are just more important than an individuals personal safety! It is always and only...a matter of personal integrity and the need to protect others! Hope this helps to explain my post! It is simply a matter of doing what must be done! I know Australia and many other countries are different....but this is our reality!
David

Last edited:

Police procedurals and pulp fiction are just that and have little resemblance to real life! Reading is fun and gives us a little chance to live vicariously through the lives of others..but its Not Real Life! Real life is dirty and has actual consequences quite unlike just reading fiction. Being shot or stabbed is not like just a bit of reading..it is dirty and painful and may actually be the end of life! Please don’t confuse fiction with reality! They just aren’t the same thing! I love to read too! I just know that a pulp fiction story is not reality! Its just a bit of escape!
David

View attachment 104677 A photo of my deep cover gun and badge. Taken with iPhone 5S, Native Camera, no PP.
David
They make a ported version of this which I've heard is pretty good.
I am a retired LEO with 36 years of service! I am still required to protect the citizenry...those who are helpless and dependent on the police! I carry a weapon or more all times..ready to do the job I was trained for. No weapons in my home are unloaded or locked up! My son is 47 and in another state. So..I don’t really have a need to keep my weapons in an unloaded state...no children to consider..and an unloaded weapon is in reality only a blunt weapon! Of course..even for our citizens who are not law enforcement, we still have the right to keep and bear arms! My wife and I always wanted to move to Austraila..but what I considered Draconian laws like these kept us in the good old USA! No!....I don’t keep loaded weapons just laying around for innocents to grab....but... they are ready to hand to protect those same innocents! Guess we just have a different viewpoint here in the States. Yes..we have murders here..and guns are frequently used in those. But.. it is not the guns that cause the problem anymore than it is the cars that cause accidents....it is the idiots that are negligent or guilty in each and every case! No.. that gun and my others are not just lying around....but they are available if needed! I posted that photo to state the terrible responsibility that comes with being charged with the protection of the innocent! In my 36 years as a law enforcement officer...I have been stabbed once and shot twice...But I have never shirked the duty I swore to uphold, and I have never regretted putting my life on the line to do so! My wife was also an Officer, and she also knew her life was forfeit if the need to protect the innocent was there. We just did the job that we swore to do! I guess some things are just more important than an individuals personal safety! It is always and only...a matter of personal integrity and the need to protect others! Hope this helps to explain my post! It is simply a matter of doing what must be done! I know Australia and many other countries are different....but this is our reality!
David
Thank you for your service David!

Police procedurals and pulp fiction are just that and have little resemblance to real life! Reading is fun and gives us a little chance to live vicariously through the lives of others..but its Not Real Life!
David

I meant that my only knowledge of ‘.22 Magnum’ is from detective/police procedural fiction, and that the Magnum in my imagination was much bigger than the real one you posted.

I am a retired LEO with 36 years of service! I am still required to protect the citizenry...those who are helpless and dependent on the police! s re available if needed!

Thank you for your service :notworthy:

Guess we just have a different viewpoint here in the States. ...... Yes..we have murders here..and guns are frequently used in those. But.. it is not the guns that cause the problem anymore than it is the cars that cause accidents....it is the idiots that are negligent or guilty in each and every case! I know Australia and many other countries are different....but this is our reality!
David

I think you’re right — like any laws, gun laws are driven by cultural & political beliefs which by definition vary across cultures. Here in Australia we have very few gunshot homicides/fatal accidents per capita ( still too many - one is too many).

Fair comment re cars and the like - we have our fair share of idiots who drive irresponsibly and cause injury & death (alcohol, drugs, mobile phone use & fatigue seem to be high influencers) .

And I think it’s also fair to say that we’re ‘gun shy’. We didn't want our police officers armed - but they now are - with so far no longitudinal evidence of positive change to crime rates, deaths, injuries — just the new category of ‘suicide by cop’.

We had a mass homicide in Tasmania many years ago - a mentally ill person got himself a semi-automatic and killed 35 adults and children and seriously injured more than 20. The shock was felt across the nation - relative to much of the western world we are a young and quite naive (as well as somewhat isolated) culture - and gun laws were significantly tightened after that without much argument.

Back
Top Bottom