MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
This thread is for everyone, and it's not a challenge -- no winners, no awards. Instead it's more of a group project.

I was sorting through my older photos, deleting duplicates and hopeless messes, and along the way, I was seeing a number of old favorites, some as far back as 2013, that I found I still enjoyed. Some had been posted here on MobiTog before and others never posted at all, but I still have a fondness for all of them, a few because they came out so well, others because they were the start of someething new for me, and still others for no particular reason at all (as far as I can tell).

So this thread is a place to post your own old favorites, no matter why they're favorites and no matter whether they've been posted before. B/W, color, appstracts, ICM, Hipstamatic, it doesn't matter, but each image must be at least one year old.

Join in! And if you've got a story that goes with an image, let's hear it.

IMG_9278.jpeg

One of the oldest mobile photos still in my catalog, from March of 2013: Our cat Hodge, 3 months after we brought him home from the local animal shelter. He was starting to recover after having been found several months earlier, living in the wilds on the edge of town, and badly beat up (from tangling with the local wildlife, we assume). He'd been in the shelter for a couple of months and moved so stiffly that the staff thought he was a senior cat. (They gave us a double discount on the adoption fee!) But when we took him to our regular vet, he figured Hodge was around 3. He's now 14 and still races from one end of the house to the other when he gets the zoomies.

Shot with an iPhone 4!!

IMG_9283.jpeg

Also from 2013 and also shot with an iPhone 4: One of my very first ventures into app-ed images and turning day into night. I've included the original photo as an attachment, if you're interested.

Attachments

• IMG_9281.jpeg
    IMG_9281.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 2
IMG_9286.jpeg

And from 2019, a young bobcat strolling through our patio. We've lived in this house for 35 years now, and this was one of only two times we've seen bobcats, although they're always around somewhere. This one seemed relaxed and curious as he wandered through. Probably iPhone 7, shot through a double-paned window in a hurry.

This thread is for everyone, and it's not a challenge -- no winners, no awards. Instead it's more of a group project.

I was sorting through my older photos, deleting duplicates and hopeless messes, and along the way, I was seeing a number of old favorites, some as far back as 2013, that I found I still enjoyed. Some had been posted here on MobiTog before and others never posted at all, but I still have a fondness for all of them, a few because they came out so well, others because they were the start of someething new for me, and still others for no particular reason at all (as far as I can tell).

So this thread is a place to post your own old favorites, no matter why they're favorites and no matter whether they've been posted before. B/W, color, appstracts, ICM, Hipstamatic, it doesn't matter, but each image must be at least one year old.

Join in! And if you've got a story that goes with an image, let's hear it.
Great idea Ted :thumbs: I'll sure be back in this thread. Perhaps I can dive into my photos shot with my first mobile cams - Nokia, Ericsson, HTC - would be fun, at least for myself :geek:

View attachment 199755

One of the oldest mobile photos still in my catalog, from March of 2013: Our cat Hodge, 3 months after we brought him home from the local animal shelter. He was starting to recover after having been found several months earlier, living in the wilds on the edge of town, and badly beat up (from tangling with the local wildlife, we assume). He'd been in the shelter for a couple of months and moved so stiffly that the staff thought he was a senior cat. (They gave us a double discount on the adoption fee!) But when we took him to our regular vet, he figured Hodge was around 3. He's now 14 and still races from one end of the house to the other when he gets the zoomies.

Shot with an iPhone 4!!
I think my first iPhone also was a 4 :)

Great idea Ted :thumbs: I'll sure be back in this thread. Perhaps I can dive into my photos shot with my first mobile cams - Nokia, Ericsson, HTC - would be fun, at least for myself :geek:
I think my first iPhone also was a 4 :)
I have an iPhone 3GS still, with a 3mp camera! But I don't seem to have any photos taken with it, and it now serves as a kitchen timer. :lmao: I'm tempted to clean it up a bit and take it out shooting.

I have an iPhone 3GS still, with a 3mp camera! But I don't seem to have any photos taken with it, and it now serves as a kitchen timer. :lmao: I'm tempted to clean it up a bit and take it out shooting.
Just do it :thumbs:

View attachment 199755

Shot with an iPhone 4!!
I got tears in my eyes.

2011 - a series of images taken on Fifth Avenue in NYC… I was heavy into Hipstamatic then so I’m guessing the first two were some sort of shake-n-take double exposures? No idea what app I used to edit any of them. I had a bunch of apps back then that probably don’t even exist any more.
iPhone 3GS
1706223091327.jpeg

1706223120502.jpeg

1706223138463.jpeg

Last edited:
2011 - a series of images taken on Fifth Avenue in NYC… I was heavy into Hipstamatic then so I’m guessing the first two were some sort of shake-n-take double exposures? No idea what app I used to edit any of them. I had a bunch of apps back then that probably don’t even exist any more.

View attachment 199766
View attachment 199767
View attachment 199768
Love what happened with the smoke/steam. The first two look like reflections in a window? (The lettering is backwards.) Or is that part of the Hipsta combo, I wonder.

Love what happened with the smoke/steam. The first two look like reflections in a window? (The lettering is backwards.) Or is that part of the Hipsta combo, I wonder.
I was standing outside on the sidewalk, so I don't think it was a reflection? But it was 13 years ago, so who the heck knows, LOL.

I must say looking back has been fun… seeing things I totally forgot about. Like this one. Again, no clue as to what apps I used. I’m guessing Image Blender to add the butterflies because I’ve used that app to layer for years. And shoot….what was that app that produced random glitchy stuff, that everyone was using for a long time? The name is on the tip of my tongue….
iPhone 3GS

1706241508458.jpeg

Last edited:
Loving this thread. Will have to wait until I am back home to dig out my golden oldies. I still look at some of these and think they are the best. It helped that Hong Kong was a treasure trove of images and my iPhone was so novel, having never been into smart phone before finding Mobitog. I still wonder how I came across it in the first place, not being into any form of mobile photography. It must have been as a result of my interest in point and click photography or more likely photo manipulation.

Back
Top Bottom