Backlist Favorites

Did the app make the frame?
juryjone Jerry? Filter looks maybe VSCO or Pixlr but both those apps are ‘select from these options’ . . .
No, the frame was most likely Pixlr. The app-that-has-no-name is a somewhat complicated editing app, that you can do a lot of layering and blending, and adding stamps I believe. I still can't remember the name... was hoping it would pop into my head randomly. And my iPad is factory reset so I can't even look it up there.

No, the frame was most likely Pixlr. The app-that-has-no-name is a somewhat complicated editing app, that you can do a lot of layering and blending, and adding stamps I believe. I still can't remember the name... was hoping it would pop into my head randomly. And my iPad is factory reset so I can't even look it up there.
Sketch Club maybe?

If it's going to keep you up at night, you could go into the App Store app and scan through your list or purchases. (I've done that -- my list is really long :eek: )
PROCREATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I scrolled through 13 pages of the AppsChat forum because I knew I had posted about it before.

If it's going to keep you up at night, you could go into the App Store app and scan through your list or purchases. (I've done that -- my list is really long :eek: )
I did that last night and couldn't find it... so weird.

blastoleneford-jpg.60606

January 2015, first photo of the Blastolene Ford on Squid Row (there've been quite a few since)
iPhone 5s

1/24/13 - 10 years ago :eek: My version of NYC street photography = shot from the drivers seat while stopped at a light. Also one of my first attempts using <another damn app I can’t remember the name of!!*> on an iPad. Never did use my iPad much for editing - I’ve always preferred my iPhone, despite the smaller screen.

*Star Starzee & zenjenny Jen I believe you use it a lot for your art/abstacts - it has an elegant user face but tricky to get the hang of (I never did). Not iColorama…. I keep thinking it begins with a C?

View attachment 199853
A filter app? Not a C but, Mextures?

Did the app make the frame?
juryjone Jerry? Filter looks maybe VSCO or Pixlr but both those apps are ‘select from these options’ . . .
I’m struck by the texture more than the frame. So I thought about the late Infinicam. Not a particularly sophisticated user interface, though. Lo-Mob? I just don’t know.

A ”winner photo” from 2009

I remember shooting this on my way to the shrink (!) in October 2009. My mobile was a Nokia N95. I entered the photo in some kind of a weekly contest somewhere on Facebook and the photo won :D I was very proud

IMG_6207.jpeg

IMG_6206.jpeg

A ”winner photo” from 2009

I remember shooting this on my way to the shrink (!) in October 2009. My mobile was a Nokia N95. I entered the photo in some kind of a weekly contest somewhere on Facebook and the photo won :D I was very proud

View attachment 199877

View attachment 199878
Nice! That's going way back. In 2009, I'd just picked up photography again after years and years, and I was using film cameras. Didn't go digital until a few years later.

Not a photo - just a screenshot from the web, but I must show you my coolest gadget ever. It's a Motorola mobile phone. I gave it away to a kid we knew back then.

EDIT: Oooops, I just realised it was just a phone with messaging features. No camera. I had completely forgotten that there were mobiles without cams in the stone age.
I even checked my photo archives for photos from 1999 and 2000. Didn’t find any :facepalm::oops:

If admin thinks this post has nothing to do here you can just delete it:geek:

E844AC6A-E239-4EDD-BD70-1565A109F29C.jpeg

Last edited:
Not a photo - just a screenshot from the web, but I must show you my coolest gadget ever. It's a Motorola mobile phone. I gave it away to a kid we knew back then.

EDIT: Oooops, I just realised it was just a phone with messaging features. No camera. I had completely forgotten that there were mobiles without cams in the stone age.
I even checked my photo archives for photos from 1999 and 2000. Didn’t find any :facepalm::oops:

If admin thinks this post has nothing to do here you can just delete it:geek:

View attachment 199882
Wow…old school cool!! And those tiny buttons would make me a bit o_O

In 2014, with an iPhone 5s, I took an undistinguished photo of a dead end alley in downtown Santa Cruz. I started fooling around with it in BeCasso (I think) and created two variations:

IMG_2205.jpeg

IMG_2206.jpeg

Still not satisfied, so I layered the two together in Leonardo, and fooled around with blend modes until I hit the Difference blend:

uuid=3CED88D2-55B1-438A-A40B-AE8F73C18358&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

Whoa, I like that! And this version became the base for the first of my Cat Dreams series, which is one of my all-time favorites:

b6ea3df1-676a-4560-af21-4b10a2b0a0c6-jpeg.182292

PROCREATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I scrolled through 13 pages of the AppsChat forum because I knew I had posted about it before.

I did that last night and couldn't find it... so weird.
I went down a rabbit hole on your memory of capital C. Did you ever use aremaC? (Camera backwards.) it allowed you to create your own presets, and you could download the presets of others. It’s not on the App Store anymore, but it still works. I never covered it in a tutorial because it’s a bit more complicated than most.

Back
Top Bottom