• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the still current serious situation facing us all right now! Continue to heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

BargainWatch *post app bargains here*

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
iColorama for iPad is currently $2.99, which is as cheap as it ever gets -- just in case any iOS folks don't already have it.

It’s a must-have.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
B&G: Blue Hour and Golden Hour for IOS - going free. Have no idea whether it’s any good.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Is Adobe Fresco ‘free’. I was prompted to download it again after seeing a promotion. I seem to remember that when I downloaded it the first time, so little was available in the non-paying version that it wasn’t worth keeping. Now there seems to be a lot more. But do I want to learn another app now that I have become so comfortable with Procreate. And do I trust Adobe not to give with one hand and take from the other?

Different from Procreate are the ‘live’ brushes but I found them difficult to use. They work like the brushes in ArtRage but the method in ArtRage, when reworking an image, felt easier. You would certainly have to spend a lot of time getting the flow, water for watercolours and sizing of the brushes right. I watched a YouTube video of a guy reworking an image with the watercolour brush and I had a go but it took me a while to get the setting right and the automatic version out of iColorama was much better :lol:.

I do like the mixer brushes even though most aren’t free. The multicolour eyedropper is interesting - oh but wait, you can’t change the settings in the free version so many of the cool effects aren’t achievable.

You start off getting excited and then it all ends in irritation. I’ll leave it on my iPad.... just in case I want to use the mixer brush or whatever but it’s not going to be a major player at this stage.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
ProShot going free

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
ProShot going free

I've used it, and it's a good camera app. I've ended up using other camera apps just for minor preferences, but if you're looking for a camera app, it's a good one to try out.

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
NVSUAL Photo Filter & Effects is free today. I just downloaded it and looked at it for several minutes. It seems to have a very nice selection of filters, all the usual editing adjustments, Including curves, etc. It actually looks quite nice if you are into filters.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
NVSUAL Photo Filter & Effects is free today. I just downloaded it and looked at it for several minutes. It seems to have a very nice selection of filters, all the usual editing adjustments, Including curves, etc. It actually looks quite nice if you are into filters.

No sooner said than .... :lol:

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Chromatica and Kinoglitch both going free. I think this might be from yesterday so might not be for much longer.
Kinoglitch had expired but I was able to grab Chromatica. Thanks!

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Chromatica and Kinoglitch both going free. I think this might be from yesterday so might not be for much longer.
Chromatica's an excellent camera app, same developer as CameraPixels.

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Just discovered that I have it already. I wonder why I don’t use it? :rolleyes:
CameraPixels has all kinds of goodies hidden inside. I love the Focus Stacking feature. You can shoot up to 100 frames and then stack them in apps like Affinity photo or Helicon Focus :thumbs::thumbs::)

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
CameraPixels has all kinds of goodies hidden inside. I love the Focus Stacking feature. You can shoot up to 100 frames and then stack them in apps like Affinity photo or Helicon Focus :thumbs::thumbs::)
I haven't done the comparison, but maybe you have? Does Chromatica offer anything that CameraPixels doesn't in its current release?

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yes, CameraPixels is definitely becoming my manual camera of choice. Just being able to quickly choose a saved preset is invaluable and as I’ve said before, video too. I also find the controls very intuitive.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I haven't done the comparison, but maybe you have? Does Chromatica offer anything that CameraPixels doesn't in its current release?
Yes, CameraPixels is definitely becoming my manual camera of choice. Just being able to quickly choose a saved preset is invaluable and as I’ve said before, video too. I also find the controls very intuitive.
I admit I run to the native camera unless I want to do a macro, in which case I grab Camera +, because it is always set on macro. I like the idea of being able to have preset to choose instantly. I wish you could choose the primary camera on the phone.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Going free

Exif Viewer - I use this a lot