BargainWatch *post app bargains here*

Reeflex Pro Camera is free today (regularly $4.99), though there's still an in-app for the Slow Shutter Mode. It's a good solid app, on a par with a number of others. Nothing magical, but if you like to collect them (as I do)...

As I often find, I already own it. :lmao: But I see it has a manual focus and it’s easy to find. Took a little longer to find the slow shutter.

Queryable is free again today. Here's what I posted about it originally:

‎Queryable is an app that allows you to find a photo in albums using a text description, completely offline.

I tested it out on the 18,000+ photos in my Camera Roll, using the text description "plants on walls." It returned 120 hits, almost all of which were accurate. (It got fooled by a couple of ICM images.) By contrast, using the same text in the native Photos app search returned zero results. For "plants" alone, the native Photos search returned 1700+ hits of plants everywhere. For "walls" alone, it returned 2 hits of our cat posed against a page in a crossword puzzle book.

‎Queryable is an app that allows you to find a photo in albums using a text description, completely offline.

I tested it out on the 18,000+ photos in my Camera Roll, using the text description "plants on walls." It returned 120 hits, almost all of which were accurate. (It got fooled by a couple of ICM images.) By contrast, using the same text in the native Photos app search returned zero results. For "plants" alone, the native Photos search returned 1700+ hits of plants everywhere. For "walls" alone, it returned 2 hits of our cat posed against a page in a crossword puzzle book.
I do like that app. The only thing is, when I need it, I can’t remember what it’s called. :lmao:

So, I just used Queryable to search ‘blur‘ for the MCC. I found tons of images, but now that Queryable has found them, how do I find them on my camera roll?

Edit: I see now the share icon. I wish there were an option to add to album. It would be helpful to be able to search then add to my collage catalog albums.

Last edited:
So, I just used Queryable to search ‘blur‘ for the MCC. I found tons of images, but now that Queryable has found them, how do I find them on my camera roll?

Edit: I see now the share icon. I wish there were an option to add to album. It would be helpful to be able to search then add to my collage catalog albums.
You're right, that would be very useful. I'll see if there's a way to send a note to the developer.

On my share sheet, I do see an Add to Shared Album, but that's only for albums on iCloud, and all mine are local.

You're right, that would be very useful. I'll see if there's a way to send a note to the developer.

On my share sheet, I do see an Add to Shared Album, but that's only for albums on iCloud, and all mine are local.
I saw the shared album option. I’m not sure I can put a shared album in a catalog. I’ll look into it. I’ve never written to a developer.

I saw the shared album option. I’m not sure I can put a shared album in a catalog. I’ll look into it. I’ve never written to a developer.
So far, the only way I've found to get in touch is through reviews in the app store, but the dev does seem to be responsive there. I think we could do what we want if he either enabled Add to Album in the share sheet or added a way to click back to the image in Photos. At the moment, I'm trying to see if there's a workaround using Shortcuts, but I don't think so.

So far, the only way I've found to get in touch is through reviews in the app store, but the dev does seem to be responsive there. I think we could do what we want if he either enabled Add to Album in the share sheet or added a way to click back to the image in Photos. At the moment, I'm trying to see if there's a workaround using Shortcuts, but I don't think so.
I’m thinking the add to album option is the best way. So you just write a review?

I’m thinking the add to album option is the best way. So you just write a review?
Yes to both. The review is the only way I can see to get through. There is a developer web site link in the app store, but it just goes to a reddit page that has no activity since it was opened years ago.

Raw Power from Gentlemen Coders is on sale for $4.99 (regularly $9.99). It's a developer and editor for Raw and ProRaw files with some file management functions and a file browser as well. I find the free version of Lightroom Mobile works just as well for me, but if LR annoys you for some reason, try Raw Power.

Artista Impresso from JixiPix is currently free. Says the blurb: "Impresso transforms your photos into multi-textured, stroke-filled Impressionist masterpieces." It has a number of options for tweaking styles, with an interface similar to other JixiPix apps. Certainly worth a look for free if you're interested in painterly images.

JixiPix has many of its effects apps on sale for as low as 99 cents. Most of the apps are available for iOS and Android both, but from what I can see, only the iOS apps are on sale. (If any Android users know different, please jump in.)

The list of iOS apps is here -- you'll need to click through on each app to see the current price.

Also, if any of you Android folks know of app sales going on, please post them in this thread!

Back
Top Bottom