BargainWatch *post app bargains here*

Apollo is 66% off (which I think makes it $1.00, but I can't see because I already own it). It's an app for relighting portrait mode photos, including adding multiple light sources.

I just stupidly installed it. Looks pretty good as you said. But as always it can't compete with the Google results. With good light this no problem, when it get's darker -> native cam!

I just stupidly installed it. Looks pretty good as you said. But as always it can't compete with the Google results. With good light this no problem, when it get's darker -> native cam!
They may be working on it. They just very recently incorporated some of Apple's "smarter" processing in the iOS version.

I haven't seen the Android version, but the iOS version is an excellent cam and would be a no-brainer for free. (It's still $5.99 for iOS at the moment.) It's got pretty much everything you could ask for in the way of controls.
Definitely a good program! I took these fireworks shots with ProCam... their tutorial on Instagram is all I needed, used my Apple watch as the "remote" to capture the show!
Fourth of July in St Augustine

RipPix free today
I came here to post this. Here’s the US App Store link.

I came here to post this. Here’s the US App Store link.
Thanks, Jerry. I don’t know how to supply the link.

Well, yes. :lmao: Actually there are many of the functions missing from the iOS app. Also using slow shutter speeds are a little difficult to handle because phones have a fixed aperture. But overall it looks promising. Let's see what the devs add to it in the future.
You'll probably will see some trials with it.

Fine, a general all-purpose photo editor free today. I downloaded it and it actually has a lot of nice features. Not that anybody needs another all-purpose editor.

Last edited:
Fine, a general all-purpose photo editor free today. I downloaded it and it actually has a lot of nice features. Not that anybody needs another all-purpose editor.
I downloaded this after reading David's note. He understated the case: This app has a TON of tools, not only the usuals but also perspective correction, pincushion and barrel distortion correction, the ability to save custom presets, brush-on adjustments, ambiance (haven't compared it to Snapseed yet), HSL and color balance adjustment, and others. At the moment, I can't say whether its implementations of the tools will match up to Snapseed and others, but it's worth a look for free.

I downloaded this after reading David's note. He understated the case: This app has a TON of tools, not only the usuals but also perspective correction, pincushion and barrel distortion correction, the ability to save custom presets, brush-on adjustments, ambiance (haven't compared it to Snapseed yet), HSL and color balance adjustment, and others. At the moment, I can't say whether its implementations of the tools will match up to Snapseed and others, but it's worth a look for free.
I absolutely agree with Ted! Definitely undersold by David. :lol: At first glance, it seems like there’s just a load of filters, but choose one and the Fine world opens up. :thumbs:

I absolutely agree with Ted! Definitely undersold by David. :lol: At first glance, it seems like there’s just a load of filters, but choose one and the Fine world opens up. :thumbs:
I like some of the filters, and I’m not a filter person. I curbed my enthusiasm, because really, who needs another editor?(Having said that, it does seem like a nice app. )

Agreed.... :mobibabe:

...but after this:

...I downloaded it. :expressionless: :coffee:

sinnerjohn No, John you're absolutely right! When it comes to quality the stock camera is top of the notch.
But there are situations where others fit better. In regards to the 3rd party applications this one delivers quite good quality.

Ratings are relativ. Some folks are just dumb, other expect a very special feature they need / want.
For free there is nothing to lose... ;)

Back
Top Bottom