BargainWatch *post app bargains here*

iColorama for iPad is currently $2.99, which is as cheap as it ever gets -- just in case any iOS folks don't already have it.

It’s a must-have.

B&G: Blue Hour and Golden Hour for IOS - going free. Have no idea whether it’s any good.

Is Adobe Fresco ‘free’. I was prompted to download it again after seeing a promotion. I seem to remember that when I downloaded it the first time, so little was available in the non-paying version that it wasn’t worth keeping. Now there seems to be a lot more. But do I want to learn another app now that I have become so comfortable with Procreate. And do I trust Adobe not to give with one hand and take from the other?

Different from Procreate are the ‘live’ brushes but I found them difficult to use. They work like the brushes in ArtRage but the method in ArtRage, when reworking an image, felt easier. You would certainly have to spend a lot of time getting the flow, water for watercolours and sizing of the brushes right. I watched a YouTube video of a guy reworking an image with the watercolour brush and I had a go but it took me a while to get the setting right and the automatic version out of iColorama was much better :lol:.

I do like the mixer brushes even though most aren’t free. The multicolour eyedropper is interesting - oh but wait, you can’t change the settings in the free version so many of the cool effects aren’t achievable.

You start off getting excited and then it all ends in irritation. I’ll leave it on my iPad.... just in case I want to use the mixer brush or whatever but it’s not going to be a major player at this stage.

ProShot going free

ProShot going free

I've used it, and it's a good camera app. I've ended up using other camera apps just for minor preferences, but if you're looking for a camera app, it's a good one to try out.

NVSUAL Photo Filter & Effects is free today. I just downloaded it and looked at it for several minutes. It seems to have a very nice selection of filters, all the usual editing adjustments, Including curves, etc. It actually looks quite nice if you are into filters.

NVSUAL Photo Filter & Effects is free today. I just downloaded it and looked at it for several minutes. It seems to have a very nice selection of filters, all the usual editing adjustments, Including curves, etc. It actually looks quite nice if you are into filters.

No sooner said than .... :lol:

CameraPixels has all kinds of goodies hidden inside. I love the Focus Stacking feature. You can shoot up to 100 frames and then stack them in apps like Affinity photo or Helicon Focus :thumbs::thumbs::)
I haven't done the comparison, but maybe you have? Does Chromatica offer anything that CameraPixels doesn't in its current release?

CameraPixels has all kinds of goodies hidden inside. I love the Focus Stacking feature. You can shoot up to 100 frames and then stack them in apps like Affinity photo or Helicon Focus :thumbs::thumbs::)
Yes, CameraPixels is definitely becoming my manual camera of choice. Just being able to quickly choose a saved preset is invaluable and as I’ve said before, video too. I also find the controls very intuitive.

I haven't done the comparison, but maybe you have? Does Chromatica offer anything that CameraPixels doesn't in its current release?
Yes, CameraPixels is definitely becoming my manual camera of choice. Just being able to quickly choose a saved preset is invaluable and as I’ve said before, video too. I also find the controls very intuitive.

I admit I run to the native camera unless I want to do a macro, in which case I grab Camera +, because it is always set on macro. I like the idea of being able to have preset to choose instantly. I wish you could choose the primary camera on the phone.

Going free

Exif Viewer - I use this a lot

PhotoTangler Collage

LT - Long Exposure going free
Although I downloaded this at some point I don’t have a clue how good it is.

I didn’t know where to post this, so if somebody thinks it should be elsewhere prearranged copy and paste. I followed the instructions and it worked for me. It’s from an email I received.

Hi! I've got a veryimportant announcement concerning iColorama S . . .

The paid iPhone version of the iColorama S apphas changed over to an in-app purchase version, which means:

Everyone who has the paid-for iPhone version of iColorama S needs to download the NEW version of the app, like RIGHT NOW, from the App Store so as not to have to end up paying for the new version.

Again, this ONLY applies if you're using an iPhone, and only applies to the paid version of iColorama S.

But if that's you, then you have until this Friday (Sept 11th) to run through the steps below to get the FREE UPGRADE for iColorama S on your iPhone:

1.) You'll probably need your login password ready for App Store/iTunes purchases. (It's considered a new "purchase" but costs zero dollars for all current owners of the app.)

2.) Follow these steps . . .

Open iColorama S . . . Import a photo . . . Press the (Save) button and choose any format, size, tool, etc. (Any settings will do since they're just to get you to the popup window. But note: you might need to hit Save twice in this sequence to get it to properly save the file as a PNG.)

3.) Now repeat that same process three timesin order to reach the popup option to "UNLOCK FOREVER."

4.) At this point choose "BUY NOW" to get it for 0.00 USD. (Doesn't cost you anything.)

5.) Might then want to close the app, re-open it, and test it once more to make sure you can save images with no problems.

And that's it!

But you really DO need to do this before Friday.

Hope you're enjoying the iColorama Creative courses still and creating lots and lots of art. And hope you're keeping safe and healthy out there.

Wishing you the very best!

~ Sebastian

Unsubscribe | Sent by MyPhotoArtisticLife.com | Concerto3, LLC | Sebastian Michaels
8992 Preston Rd, Ste 110-740 • Frisco, TX • 75034​
eJwdzEsKgzAQANDTmE2pTH7OuMhCEaHrHkASJ7apX0QKvX1t94_HzlrmIJJToABKIEkajcll3rS1gUq3ldVGIdaZgT4f_cuHNPs05Us8xNMVBNbaAS1wxAIiDRBUOUgOnn3pScQf7jhO6R33T5fYXSUVJ0UgJXbH27qNaTn3x7_t11kc7p6OeLk1mdISUdMXPlYwdw

Last edited:
I didn’t know where to post this, so if somebody thinks it should be elsewhere prearranged copy and paste. I followed the instructions and it worked for me. It’s from an email I received.

The paid iPhone version of the iColorama S apphas changed over to an in-app purchase version, which means:

Everyone who has the paid-for iPhone version of iColorama S needs to download the NEW version of the app, like RIGHT NOW, from the App Store so as not to have to end up paying for the new version.

Again, this ONLY applies if you're using an iPhone, and only applies to the paid version of iColorama S.

But if that's you, then you have until this Friday (Sept 11th) to run through the steps below to get the FREE UPGRADE for iColorama S on your iPhone:

1.) You'll probably need your login password ready for App Store/iTunes purchases. (It's considered a new "purchase" but costs zero dollars for all current owners of the app.)

Open iColorama S . . . Import a photo . . . Press the (Save) button and choose any format, size, tool, etc. (Any settings will do since they're just to get you to the popup window. But note: you might need to hit Save twice in this sequence to get it to properly save the file as a PNG.)

3.) Now repeat that same process three timesin order to reach the popup option to "UNLOCK FOREVER."

4.) At this point choose "BUY NOW" to get it for 0.00 USD. (Doesn't cost you anything.)

5.) Might then want to close the app, re-open it, and test it once more to make sure you can save images with no problems.

And that's it!

Hope you're enjoying the iColorama Creative courses still and creating lots and lots of art. And hope you're keeping safe and healthy out there.

~ Sebastian

Unsubscribe | Sent by MyPhotoArtisticLife.com | Concerto3, LLC | Sebastian Michaels
eJwdzEsKgzAQANDTmE2pTH7OuMhCEaHrHkASJ7apX0QKvX1t94_HzlrmIJJToABKIEkajcll3rS1gUq3ldVGIdaZgT4f_cuHNPs05Us8xNMVBNbaAS1wxAIiDRBUOUgOnn3pScQf7jhO6R33T5fYXSUVJ0UgJXbH27qNaTn3x7_t11kc7p6OeLk1mdISUdMXPlYwdw
I just popped over to post that. You beat me to it! I think it would stand out more in it’s own thread.

Edit: I ran into a problem while trying to repost, and ran out of time. (Darn work!) I’ll try again later, unless someone else comes along and does it first.

Last edited:

And that's it!

~ Sebastian

Thanks! Got it!.. :thumbs:
BD0399B1-500E-4E0D-AA78-A6B4FE1F2BA3.png

And that's it!

~ Sebastian

Thanks for this. I see that I might have lost out on IC Painter. It is now asking £1.99 to install even though I have paid for it. To be honest I use iColorama so much that I don’t mind paying again.

Edit: actually this looks like another version. IC Painter for iColorama still exists. It is the same developer.

Thanks for this. I see that I might have lost out on IC Painter. It is now asking £1.99 to install even though I have paid for it. To be honest I use iColorama so much that I don’t mind paying again.

Edit: actually this looks like another version. IC Painter for iColorama still exists. It is the same developer.
It looks like just iColorama S for the iPhone is effected.

Back
Top Bottom