BargainWatch *post app bargains here*

Another… free today. RAW Power
No idea if any good.
It's quite good. I normally use Lightroom Mobile for developing raw images, because the interface suits me a bit better and because I use the Lightroom camera app frequently for shooting raw. Raw Power's interface is different, but it has all the tools and can do an equally good job. Unlike Lightroom Mobile, Raw Power doesn't require you to import DNGs into the app to work with them, which simplifies operations and saves space. Plus, if I'm remembering correctly, Raw Power will accept raw images from other cameras (Canons, Nikons, and their ilk), while Lightroom Mobile only allows that if you subscribe to get the extra features (which I don't).

It's quite good. I normally use Lightroom Mobile for developing raw images, because the interface suits me a bit better and because I use the Lightroom camera app frequently for shooting raw. Raw Power's interface is different, but it has all the tools and can do an equally good job. Unlike Lightroom Mobile, Raw Power doesn't require you to import DNGs into the app to work with them, which simplifies operations and saves space. Plus, if I'm remembering correctly, Raw Power will accept raw images from other cameras (Canons, Nikons, and their ilk), while Lightroom Mobile only allows that if you subscribe to get the extra features (which I don't).
Thanks for the info!! I use Lightroom Mobile for the camera most often for sunsets, some post processing as well.

Another plus for Raw Power: Some camera apps can capture a raw image and a processed jpg and then save them together in the same file with a .jpg extension. Raw Power has no trouble opening these and enabling you to develop the raw image. Lightroom Mobile, on the other hand, appears not to recognize the combined file as containing a raw image. (I *think* but am not sure that LRM can do so if you're a subscriber.)

So, I begin to wonder after comparing these two, why am I using LRM in preference to RP? One reason is that LRM's Clarity/Texture and Sharpen/Noise Reduction tools are my favorites out of all the apps I use (although I'd hate to be without Snapseed's Tonal Contrast tool). But I think I need to spend some time with RP again to see if I still prefer LRM.

Now I have seen everything.

Whats more odd is the 'Feline Grimace Scale' - a new one on me. Although I am familiar with the Labrador Sulking Chart, which I have to consult often.
IMG_0663[1].JPG
IMG_0663[1].JPG

Don’t know how good this is. Never seen ie before. Going free:

Don’t know how good this is. Never seen ie before. Going free:

Well the price is right so I’ll give it a go

'Argentum' - Iphone only, b/w street photography app. Free with optional purchase filters (£2.50 each)

Only had a a brief try at this app, but so far, I love it. Simple, intuitive interface, fast response, b/w Live photo and live update double exposure.

'Argentum' - Iphone only, b/w street photography app. Free with optional purchase filters (£2.50 each)

Only had a a brief try at this app, but so far, I love it. Simple, intuitive interface, fast response, b/w Live photo and live update double exposure.
Definitely looks like it’s got potential and I like that you can save the original and a RAW version.

It's an excellent app for shooting b/w. It also has an option to save the color original at the same time in case you change your mind or want to try a b/w conversion in another app. No option to save the color version as raw, though.

It's an excellent app for shooting b/w. It also has an option to save the color original at the same time in case you change your mind or want to try a b/w conversion in another app. No option to save the color version as raw, though.
If you switch on ‘Save colour photos in Camera Roll’, it pops up another option ‘Save an additional photo in RAW’.

The filters look good as does the double exposure mode. Worth playing around with

So there now seems to be 3 versions of the old ImaEngine: Vector Q (new), ImaEngine Legacy (slightly updated old), ImaEngine School Edition (the really old version which is going free today).

I think a lot of people didn’t get along with the new version. I, for one, will probably use a bit of both of the first two.

So there now seems to be 3 versions of the old ImaEngine: Vector Q (new), ImaEngine Legacy (slightly updated old), ImaEngine School Edition (the really old version which is going free today).

I think a lot of people didn’t get along with the new version. I, for one, will probably use a bit of both of the first two.
I didn’t know about Legacy. I’m not a fan of the VectorQ interface, so I picked up the School edition.

Yeah, went back to the App Store, got both, did this with a bluristic image from this mornings walk.
View attachment 170752
I do like some of the effects from the legacy stuff. I wonder which one I will end up using most. I have spent a bit of time with VectorQ so quite at home with it too although I do think I prefer the old style.

I do like some of the effects from the legacy stuff. I wonder which one I will end up using most. I have spent a bit of time with VectorQ so quite at home with it too although I do think I prefer the old style.
I rather liked the effects with squiggles in the Legacy edition.

I can’t get the VectorQ “Triangles II” preset to work like the Legacy version. It produces a lot of empty space between the triangles, and I can’t see how to close it up.

Back
Top Bottom