BargainWatch *post app bargains here*

I can’t get the VectorQ “Triangles II” preset to work like the Legacy version. It produces a lot of empty space between the triangles, and I can’t see how to close it up.
Hmm, not sure what you mean but in the Smart UI under Vectoriser make sure the background is not set to white.

Hmm, not sure what you mean but in the Smart UI under Vectoriser make sure the background is not set to white.
Here is the Triangles II preset under VectorQ. I have hidden the white background, and there is a lot of checkerboard “blank“ background showing.

2167DCFE-AD4C-478D-AC92-4A4574043D76.png

Conversely, here is the old version, which has no “empty space”.

BB394B9D-7157-4F5D-B3C3-4EF9C2DEDE35.png

I know I can get rid of the unbelievably heavy stroke in the new version; but how do I eliminate the empty space? Global detail and Triangle size sliders don’t do it.

REMOVE SPACES

First change the UI from Advanced UI to Smart UI
Go to the Modifiers section, then triangles and uncheck Blend colours and edges

79127F40-9E8F-437D-B8CF-31F56CDA8CB1.jpeg

REMOVE LINES

I have removed the lines here but you could have faint lines if you wished
Still in Modifiers, go to Lines and set the weight to 0 or whatever you wish.

2449E372-EA12-43D5-BA69-29C756C15608.jpeg

CHANGE COLOUR

Still in Modifiers, go to colors, tap the drop down box and change to analog. Finally choose the second option to get similar colours to the old.
D4A64FA3-D548-4F64-912E-A730627095FC.jpeg

If you prefer to have some black, don’t do the first step but do this instead:

Go to the section Vectorizer, and change the background to black.

4FC31E9E-3812-45D8-910A-2807415E1B6E.jpeg

If you really like what you have, save the Preset!
Go to Presets, hit the hamburger and Save. Once you have saved it you can rename it by hitting the hamburger while you are still on that preset and renaming it.
7CE93433-2F10-4969-8F3C-F42B5F2BDB69.jpeg

By the way, you can export Presets too. Here is one of my favourites that I have saved. Also, you can take Presets from both ImaEngines and import them into VectorQ or vice versa.

29BC247E-9CE0-4501-810C-A82A1DBA7085.png

Last edited:
As I was reading through juryjone Jerry and ImageArt Anne’s posts and trying out the different Imaengine apps, I couldn’t find Imaengine School edition though I’m sure I grabbed it. I went to the App Store and it says it’s no longer available in my area. As it happens, I have two iPads (doesn’t everyone?) I use one when I go out on the patio or we travel. I apparently grabbed it from that ipad, because yes, there is was. I’m a bit confused as to why it didn’t go to both like apps normally do. I thought I could get it from my list of “my apps” from the App Store, but I can’t find it. I find all the ones I have currently downloaded, but can’t find all of them. Am I looking in the wrong place?

As I was reading through juryjone Jerry and ImageArt Anne’s posts and trying out the different Imaengine apps, I couldn’t find Imaengine School edition though I’m sure I grabbed it. I went to the App Store and it says it’s no longer available in my area. As it happens, I have two iPads (doesn’t everyone?) I use one when I go out on the patio or we travel. I apparently grabbed it from that ipad, because yes, there is was. I’m a bit confused as to why it didn’t go to both like apps normally do. I thought I could get it from my list of “my apps” from the App Store, but I can’t find it. I find all the ones I have currently downloaded, but can’t find all of them. Am I looking in the wrong place?
I can't find it by searching the app store, but I do still see it in my list of purchased apps. Try:

I can't find it by searching the app store, but I do still see it in my list of purchased apps. Try:

Thanks for trying.
39A06B5C-CB83-4E79-8085-91468312880E.png

I did get it and it is on my iPad Air, but when I finally located all the apps I’ve purchased, I don’t see it on my iPad Pro.

Just checked my purchased apps on the Air and it doesn’t appear on that either, even though I clearly own it on that iPad. It’s also on my phone….curious.

Thanks for trying.
View attachment 170870
I did get it and it is on my iPad Air, but when I finally located all the apps I’ve purchased, I don’t see it on my iPad Pro.

Just checked my purchased apps on the Air and it doesn’t appear on that either, even though I clearly own it on that iPad. It’s also on my phone….curious.
Yes, it looks like it's been pulled for some reason or another. Maybe it'll reappear in a bit.

The old version uses black as the background colour.

So this is what I get from the old:
View attachment 170840

This is what I can get by messing with the sliders in the new:

View attachment 170842

Explanation next…
Thank you so much, Ann! I did have to Enable Advanced UI in the Settings on the Home screen before making the modifications you outlined so clearly.

Thanks for trying.
View attachment 170870

I‘ve had several apps not “cross-install” lately. But Imaengine School does show up on my purchased apps list, even though it’s “currently not available in my region”.

Thank you so much, Ann! I did have to Enable Advanced UI in the Settings on the Home screen before making the modifications you outlined so clearly.

I‘ve had several apps not “cross-install” lately. But Imaengine School does show up on my purchased apps list, even though it’s “currently not available in my region”.
Ah yes, I forgot you have to Enable Advanced UI.

Well, I still have access to it on the Air, it just bugs me that I can’t find it any where else.

Going free. LOL Booth Pro. Never laughed so much in my life:

F3BAE4C0-1089-4BB5-B87C-EA74973F91C1.jpeg

Going free. The video version of LOL Booth. Again, not terribly functional but hilarious.

DoubleTake by Filmic Pro going free. No idea what it’s like but worth a try.

Pixelmator Photo, iOS only and previously iPad only, is now available in an iPhone version. The introductory sale price is $3.99. If you already own Pixelmator Photo for iPad, you can get it for free. (You have to tap the $3.99 buy button, but then it'll figure out you have the iPad version and note that it's free.)

I've only taken a brief look at it so far, but it has all or almost all the tools that the iPad version does. The layout is different (because iPhone vs. iPad), so some things take more taps to get to. It does have the excellent resizing (up and down) of the iPad version, which I use frequently. The most glaring omission from both versions is layering, which is odd because the older app -- plain Pixelmator -- does have layers even though it has fewer features.

Two further notes on Pixelmator Photo:

* It offers a variety of auto-adjustments labeled ML (for machine learning). These generally produce decent results but often a bit too light for my taste. I seem to prefer a slightly darker look. But they work quickly, so they're generally worth a try.

* Its SuperResolution function for upsizing images is the best I've found in iOS apps. The quirk in the upsizing is that the app doesn't give you a choice of size -- it determines the best size it can create on its own and does that. For downsizing, which is also very good, you can set the size as you'd expect.

On the whole, it's a good app, not as powerful as Affinity Photo but more nimble. If/when it adds layering and masking, it'll be a really good app.

And just to avoid confusion in naming:

Pixelmator = older, less full-featured app for iPad but with layers

Pixelmator Photo = flagship apps for iPad and iPhone but without layers

Pixelmator Pro = desktop version for MacOS only

Back
Top Bottom