BargainWatch *post app bargains here*

ACDSee Pro is currently free (regularly $4.99)

I've used this app for a long time for adjusting light and color. It has the usual editing features you'd expect and also includes a good camera function. The 5-band Light EQ tool provides adjustment not only of blacks, shadows, highlights, and whites, but also of mid-grays, which is usually where I start my adjustments, especially for b/w. The Color EQ tool provides hue, saturation, and brightness adjustments for 8 color ranges, allowing much finer adjustments that the usual Saturation and Vibrance tools. It also has some useful filters and effects.

There are other editing apps that have these adjustments -- Pixelmator Photo, for one -- but for free, what's to lose?

I've used this app for a long time for adjusting light and color. It has the usual editing features you'd expect and also includes a good camera function. The 5-band Light EQ tool provides adjustment not only of blacks, shadows, highlights, and whites, but also of mid-grays, which is usually where I start my adjustments, especially for b/w. The Color EQ tool provides hue, saturation, and brightness adjustments for 8 color ranges, allowing much finer adjustments that the usual Saturation and Vibrance tools. It also has some useful filters and effects.

There are other editing apps that have these adjustments -- Pixelmator Photo, for one -- but for free, what's to lose?
As is typical, I get excited about a new app and already have it. :rolleyes:

You convinced me to try it out, so I ran to the App Store to find that I already have it!! :facepalm:

Artista Impresso from JixiPix is currently free (regularly $4.99)

CropSize is currently $0.99 (usually $2.99).

It's an app for cropping and resizing images that also includes batch processing, metadata viewing, the option to specify both the location and the size of the crop rectangle using numbers from the keyboard, support for sizing by pixels, inches, centimeters, or percentages, and other features.

I mainly use Pixelmator Pro for resizing and cropping and Photos just for cropping, but I use CropSize on occasion to grab a specific size rectangle out of an original -- for example, a piece 1500 pixels on the long side for uploading to MobiTog without resizing. I've also used it to cut same-sized pieces out of photos I want to compare at the pixel level (if I'm testing out different lenses or shooting methods, for example).

Not something everyone has a use for, but only 99 cents!

Code Organa has various apps on sale:

Brushstroke is $2.99 (regularly $4.99)

Inkwork is $1.99 (regularly $3.99)

Animatix is $0.00 (regularly $2.99)

ToonCamera is $0.99 (regularly $2.99)

Brightly is $1.99 (regularly $4.99)

AI Art Generator is free, down from $4.99. As of now, there is no charge, no credits, no subscription - totally free. It uses Stable Diffusion, and gives you access to many parameters, including input image and aspect ratios.

‎AI Art Generator

Here’s the Adjust screen:

7CF6E5B3-7260-42A0-BE1E-70CFCEE268CB.jpeg

Here’s the resulting image at 2048x1536. Huge for an AI image generator.

95F26A77-6409-4F2F-8963-D3FBBC2E6C10.jpeg

TouchRetouch (iOS version) is currently free. If you don't have it already, get it.

Light | Long Exposure for iOS is currently free, down from $0.99, if you want to play with another long exposure/light trails app.

Last edited:
"Queryable is an iOS app that allows you to find a photo in albums use a text description, completely offline." This app is currently free.

I tested it out on the 18,000+ photos in my Camera Roll, using the text description "plants on walls." It returned 120 hits, almost all of which were accurate. (It got fooled by a couple of ICM images.) By contrast, using the same text in the native Photos app search returned zero results. (For "plants" alone, the native Photos search returned 1700+ hits of plants everywhere. For "walls" alone, it returned 2 hits of our cat posed against a page in a crossword puzzle book.)

"Queryable is an iOS app that allows you to find a photo in albums use a text description, completely offline." This app is currently free.

I tested it out on the 18,000+ photos in my Camera Roll, using the text description "plants on walls." It returned 120 hits, almost all of which were accurate. (It got fooled by a couple of ICM images.) By contrast, using the same text in the native Photos app search returned zero results. (For "plants" alone, the native Photos search returned 1700+ hits of plants everywhere. For "walls" alone, it returned 2 hits of our cat posed against a page in a crossword puzzle book.)
Sounds like it’s worth a try! Off to the App Store!

Queryable is on sale for $0.99 US (regularly $1.99). See description just above.

Here’s a neat app that is free today:

‎Blend Photos

It’s simple: it cuts out the subject for you, and allows for further masking. It has several built-in overlays, but allows you to choose your own images.

View attachment 192084
Thanks Jerry! Always up for a free app and I‘ll definitely be trying it ouT.

Here’s a neat app that is free today:

‎Blend Photos

It’s simple: it cuts out the subject for you, and allows for further masking. It has several built-in overlays, but allows you to choose your own images.

View attachment 192084
What the heck… downloading it. :geek:

EDIT: Blergh. I can’t get it to work. I tap “Pick Your Photo”, choose my image, and get a never ending spinning circle. I’ve tried about 5 times. :cautious: Getting ready to hit the delete button methinks.

Last edited:
Reeflex Pro Camera is free today (regularly $4.99), though there's still an in-app for the Slow Shutter Mode. It's a good solid app, on a par with a number of others. Nothing magical, but if you like to collect them (as I do)...

Back
Top Bottom