Barns, Farms, and Rural Scenes

C5118FB1-DE0D-4307-9F2B-485B3E7B1428.jpeg

Boston Twp., Michigan USA

3388E4FE-7263-4E43-BA5B-94C144EFB5D0.jpeg

‘The Most Wonderful Time of The Year?’

Not for some. I found myself with extra time on my hands Christmas Day. My immediate family does the gift exchange thing Christmas Eve, with the extended family celebrating on Christmas Day. Well, everyone was sick this year, so the big annual get together got canceled. Taking advantage of the unusually warm day, I wandered to the small town of Hastings about 20 minutes south of where I live. The town was pretty empty, with festivities and merriment obviously happening everywhere but there. A highly unusual scene with decorations aplenty, yet nobody around to enjoy them. This may look like a composite, but it’s a glass storefront display case decorated to the hilt with nothing but an empty town to reflect back.

View attachment 153155

Not for some. I found myself with extra time on my hands Christmas Day. My immediate family does the gift exchange thing Christmas Eve, with the extended family celebrating on Christmas Day. Well, everyone was sick this year, so the big annual get together got canceled. Taking advantage of the unusually warm day, I wandered to the small town of Hastings about 20 minutes south of where I live. The town was pretty empty, with festivities and merriment obviously happening everywhere but there. A highly unusual scene with decorations aplenty, yet nobody around to enjoy them. This may look like a composite, but it’s a glass storefront display case decorated to the hilt with nothing but an empty town to reflect back.
Looove the amount of colours!
Sorry for your non-get together :(

View attachment 153155

A rare find! It’s a great capture. Especially if you saw the potential for it to look like a composite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom