Beware iCloud Photostream resizes your images!

sidpena

MobiStar
Real Name
Sid
I have been noticing that my photos that were backed up to iCloud Photostream have been resized from 2592x1936 to 2056x1536! This may not seem like much but it's too much for those looking to get the largest prints possible from their photos. I am filing a complaint with Apple as I find this unacceptable and rather sneaky on their part for not alerting their customers to this change in file size. In the mean time I have turned off photostreaming in the iCloud settings.

I've heard so many horror stories about iOS5 that I haven't dared update my iPhone. A friend says he lost his 3G internet coverage after updating and hasn't been able to get it back since. Not sure if I want to take the plunge with iCloud either - having lost over 6000 images on my iPhone last month already thanks to the library deciding to update itself!

I wanted to be impressed with iCloud but was not so I turned it off. Otherwise I am happy with iOS5 and the new phone.

By the way Sid, long time no see!!

I didn't have any problems uploading IOS5 and I love it on my iPhone 4. Havn't got iCloud yet cuz I have read some not so good reviews on it. And now the photo resizing... Not good!!!

Back
Top Bottom