MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
1679857990173.jpeg

This is the place to celebrate and showcase all of your beautiful black and white images. This is a theme-free zone so, as long as it's black and white, just about anything and everything goes!

The Rules are simple:

1) All images must be taken and edited on a mobile device: a mobile phone, tablet, iPod or iPad.

2) All images must be simply black and white and all of those lovely shades of grey. Beware grunge edits which may add colour. If I notice an image that has a hint of colour I'll let you know so that you can change it and repost. Or I can delete it and you can repost; not a problem.

3) Any app(s) can be used in the making of your image, editing is permitted, but this must be done on a mobile device (see 1) above).

4) Please remember to add a title and a description of your image and what apps were used. We love to know how you did it.
Last entries before midnight US EST time on Saturday April 8, 2023 . Judging will take place on Sunday April 9, 2023 or soon thereafter.

Please also see the MobiTog Rules and Guidelines for all MobiChallenges posted HERE. Please note specifically Rule 4: Generally, anything goes in terms of processing, within the bounds of common decency and the Specific Rules for the Challenge or Contest, but entrants must document how they achieved the submitted result in their Challenge or Contest post, i.e. name of the device used to take the image and list each app used, in the order it is used.

Judge: deepop David

Last edited:
Sorry to ask in here but know where else to ask, How many B&W images can one put in for the challenge ?

This is a cracking image Ted, great texture and tones in the sleepers.
Thanks, Dave. Pixelmator Photo on my iPad recently added Clarity and Texture sliders for Highlights, Mids, and Shadows. I find it really helps for things like this. (I love the app, but it's now gone subscription. I was lucky to get grandfathered in as an early buyer. There is a lifetime buy price, but it's $55 :eek: )

Wow. Love to see more of your collection

Thank you, I will in time take images of them and share in the meantime if you click on my Flickr and just scroll through you can see them.
I had two gold bust given to me for a birthday years ago, one is that King Tut one and the other is Nefertiti.

Nice work with the lighting on these. Do you have a special setup you use?

Thank you, for some of the B&W shots I use the Arjan B&W film then just using the light coming from behind me right hand side while sitting down at my desk here. Then I take them into Affinity Photo and give a little tweek here and there. I also use a small box and drape a bit of black cloth over it for the dark BG.

I think I have a lot of the Paks and lenses now, as keep buying more as I love to try every lens with a different Pak.

Back
Top Bottom