• Please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU to all our generous & supportive MobiMembers!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Bluristic App

PyteByte

Bluristicator...
Developer
Real Name
Johannes
Device
iPhone SE
Hello :)

My name is Johannes and I am working on this mobile app called Bluristic since some years. Its a long time exposure app where you can track objects during the exposure.

The last months I made a complete new version for Android which was released two weeks ago. There are still some bugs on different phones and its hard for me to fix them all without some User Feedback. I am also interested to improve the general app. That’s why I thought Mobitog could maybe be a good place for some conversations with real Users.

Because i dont just want to advertise the app I made 5 free keys for each platfrom. I talked to the Admins of this forum and they recommended to give it away via direct messaging. So if you are interested just write me platform and I can send you back a key if there is still one left :)

For some general information and a example video I made a landing page last month which you can find here: www.Bluristic.com

I would be interested in every feedback even if it’s just a small idea or a little detail. Thank you

Greetings
Johannes

Attachments

PyteByte

Bluristicator...
Developer
Real Name
Johannes
Device
iPhone SE
Hello Johannes I'm on Android and I have a Google Pixel, I'd be happy to test drive your app. I've actually got the older version on my phone.
Hello :) if you follow the Google Play store Button on the bluristic.com website it should lead you to the Store where you can download the newest version. At the moment thats 1.693 for Android. Greetings

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Hello :) if you follow the Google Play store Button on the bluristic.com website it should lead you to the Store where you can download the newest version. At the moment thats 1.693 for Android. Greetings
That's £3.29 to buy Johannes, I think I'll stick with the version I have !!

PyteByte

Bluristicator...
Developer
Real Name
Johannes
Device
iPhone SE
That's £3.29 to buy Johannes, I think I'll stick with the version I have !!
Thats strange. Maybe you are logged in with another Email when you bought the app last time because i havent changed the name of the app. Anyway will send you a Android key in the direct message.

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hello :)

My name is Johannes and I am working on this mobile app called Bluristic since some years. Its a long time exposure app where you can track objects during the exposure.

The last months I made a complete new version for Android which was released two weeks ago. There are still some bugs on different phones and its hard for me to fix them all without some User Feedback. I am also interested to improve the general app. That’s why I thought Mobitog could maybe be a good place for some conversations with real Users.

Because i dont just want to advertise the app I made 5 free keys for each platfrom. I talked to the Admins of this forum and they recommended to give it away via direct messaging. So if you are interested just write me platform and I can send you back a key if there is still one left :)

For some general information and a example video I made a landing page last month which you can find here: www.Bluristic.com

I would be interested in every feedback even if it’s just a small idea or a little detail. Thank you

Greetings
Johannes
I love this app!

PyteByte

Bluristicator...
Developer
Real Name
Johannes
Device
iPhone SE
Hi PyteByte , is there anyway to increase the file size, its saving pitifully small file sizes for this day and age.
Hey. you mean the 2048 x 1364 pixels? you are right. thats not much at the moment. There are two reasons: While capturing, the app uses just the input stream of the camera and not the actual image quality that would come out when you take a single picture. On most android phones the resolution of this input stream is very low. If you are lucky its 1080p in the height but even that is rare. So interpolating it up much higher would just occupy more disk space without raising the quality. But there is hope. Google released a new Android API for the Camera some times ago which allows more control over the camera. The problem is that most phone companies havent really adapted it properly on their phones so there are huge speed issues when you want to work with the actual pixel data for tracking. When i made the new Bluristic version the last month my first goal was to create a stable version and than try to double the resolution if possible at some point. It would be an optional feature if the phone support it. On iOS thats already the case because even the old iphone 5 supported a high resolution input stream :) Because i still have some crashes on some android phones i would like to fix that before i add this new layer of complexity. Hope that was a bit informing :) Greetings Johannes

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Hey. you mean the 2048 x 1364 pixels? you are right. thats not much at the moment. There are two reasons: While capturing, the app uses just the input stream of the camera and not the actual image quality that would come out when you take a single picture. On most android phones the resolution of this input stream is very low. If you are lucky its 1080p in the height but even that is rare. So interpolating it up much higher would just occupy more disk space without raising the quality. But there is hope. Google released a new Android API for the Camera some times ago which allows more control over the camera. The problem is that most phone companies havent really adapted it properly on their phones so there are huge speed issues when you want to work with the actual pixel data for tracking. When i made the new Bluristic version the last month my first goal was to create a stable version and than try to double the resolution if possible at some point. It would be an optional feature if the phone support it. On iOS thats already the case because even the old iphone 5 supported a high resolution input stream :) Because i still have some crashes on some android phones i would like to fix that before i add this new layer of complexity. Hope that was a bit informing :) Greetings Johannes
Thanks for the explanation :thumbs:

PyteByte

Bluristicator...
Developer
Real Name
Johannes
Device
iPhone SE
I have tried it now. Seems very unstable. Sometimes app closes spontaneously.
oh no :/ yes there are still some memory issues which are very hard to find without having a device with the same issue. Does it close at the beginning or while its open. or while tracking things?
Which phone are you using ? sorry for that buggy behavior.

Greetings