Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
Onsite
Project Page
I walk the Fundy shore mostly at low tide, because there is a lot more interesting stuff to see when the tide goes out. Here is a picture I posted some time ago that has become the #1 photo and inspiration for the rest of this series. It was shot on May 4th, 2013 on my iPhone 5 using True HDR, and exported to my iPad 3 for editing (details forgotten).
iPhone5-iPad-edits-021.jpg

Dennis-Beach-May4-024.jpg

Here is a 2nd image showing a bit more of the location. It is a natural bowl worn into the red sandstone rocks near the cliff. The bowl shape has been created by the rocks rolling around as the tide comes and goes.

The next time I visited this spot the 3 rocks were gone! I thought his amazing since the larger one was about the size of my head and couldn't imagine the tide moving it that much. Without the rocks I didn't find the scene exciting enough for another shot, but I wish I had made one anyhow. (lesson learned).

Here is another view from July 13, 2013. A rich growth of beautiful green algae had formed and some new rocks had appeared. The biggest rock is roughly football sized. iPhone 5, True HDR, probably a polarizing filter. No edits.
Dennis-Beach-Low-July13-138.jpg

Dennis-Beach-Low-July13-147.jpg
This time I also shot a bigger view which gives you a better idea of the setting. The main reason I made this shot was to show the trail made by the draining water in the trough. iPhone 5, True HDR, wide angle lens + polarizer (to make the green pop). no edits.

My next shot is Aug 23rd, 2013. The rocks have changed again and there is too much churning in the bowl area for the algae to stick.
Dennis-Beach-Aug23-023.jpg

September 24th, 2103.
Dennis-Beach-rock-bowl-002.jpg

The algae is dying off in the colder weather. Different rocks.

Jan 17, 2014. No algae to be seen. Quite a lot of gravel moved into the area. A lot of the features were buried.
Dennis-Beach-Jan17-031.jpg

I was there a month later and my phone battery died so I missed getting a shot of the place completely buried in gravel.

More to follow.....

What a fabulous idea for a series Brian coupled with superb iMagery too... :thumbs:

Love the popped Greens too... :D

These are all very cool images. Nature always surprises :)

Incidentally, I forgot to mention before that these older images are being exported from my computer since they are no longer on my iPhone. I'm not doing any edits on the computer, just passing them along. I was just looking at my folder of iPhone photos shot in the past year - over 50GB! Not including video. That's why I have to keep loading them onto my computer to free up space on my iPhone.

Incidentally, I forgot to mention before that these older images are being exported from my computer since they are no longer on my iPhone. I'm not doing any edits on the computer, just passing them along. I was just looking at my folder of iPhone photos shot in the past year - over 50GB! Not including video. That's why I have to keep loading them onto my computer to free up space on my iPhone.
That's a lot of pictures :)!

Wow...these are beautiful Brian!! A wonderful natural abstract series... so interesting to see the changes in color, texture, form. I just love this series! :inlove:

May 22, 2014. Today I visited the bowl and the big pile of gravel had moved on. It wasn't particularly exciting today but the degree of attention I was paying to it caused my dog "Woofie" to feel a need to get into the action. This made the scene much more interesting so I made this shot. iPhone 5, True HDR. No edits other than iWatermark.

image.jpg

May 22, 2014. Today I visited the bowl and the big pile of gravel had moved on. It wasn't particularly exciting today but the degree of attention I was paying to it caused my dog "Woofie" to feel a need to get into the action. This made the scene much more interesting so I made this shot. iPhone 5, True HDR. No edits other than iWatermark.

View attachment 54230
This is fab!! :D

I was at Epcot recently and watched the short film in "Canada" and it talked about the Bay of Fundy and I said "Hey!!! I recognize that place!!!" :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom