Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
Onsite
Project Page
A collection of nature's winter magic.
c661dcc3599522403c2c401c1a8e37dc.jpg

Some of these ice crystals are 4 to 5 cm long.
iPhone 7+, Fusion, Simply HDR.

Wind altered icicles.
Watermarked(2017-01-14-1533).jpg

It looks like 2 icy hands reaching down for something.
iPhone 7+, Fusion.
We had an unexpected spell of warm weather for a few days which cut back the real sense of cold. We still haven't had any new snow since but there's lots of ice.

I hope you're recording videos of all this wonderful scenery, Brian. It's lovely seeing photos of winter conditions I have never experienced.

There are a couple from last winter in my 366 when the snow on the road in front of my house was 1 meter deep and the plow couldn't get through without help from a front loader. That's when you stay inside nice and cozy by the fire.

There are a couple from last winter in my 366 when the snow on the road in front of my house was 1 meter deep and the plow couldn't get through without help from a front loader. That's when you stay inside nice and cozy by the fire.
Yes, I do remember seeing them and that I couldn't possibly live in such a cold climate.

Yes, I do remember seeing them and that I couldn't possibly live in such a cold climate.

I wouldn't mind it for about a month. I'd love to live someplace where Spring is 6 months, hot Summer is 1 month, Fall is 4 months, and cold Winter is 1 month. That way you get to experience all the seasons, but wouldn't have too much of the extremes. FundyBrian, I'd like a Timestamp magical award that will do this, please. :mobibabe:

View attachment 88361
The day of the ice storm our bird feeder looked most unwelcoming.
View attachment 88362
There was enough weight of ice on the car that it was sitting a bit lower to the ground than usual.
Lots more of the ice storm to come later.

Holy wow.... your car!!! [emoji33] How would you get this off if you needed to go somewhere? I've had ice all over my car before but not this thick.

I wouldn't mind it for about a month. I'd love to live someplace where Spring is 6 months, hot Summer is 1 month, Fall is 4 months, and cold Winter is 1 month. That way you get to experience all the seasons, but wouldn't have too much of the extremes. FundyBrian, I'd like a Timestamp magical award that will do this, please. :mobibabe:

What a good idea. Although, spring here feels too long. It goes on and on never quite getting warm, muddy ground, rain, occasional frosts, delaying working in the garden until at least June. Just when it starts to get "nice" the black flies come out. Summer really is only a month long -August. Fall is nice and long here. So far this winter is not consistent enough to have good snow for skiing - too much ice. We get snow, then rain, then cold with not enough snow to protect the ground. It's a weird winter.
But, you know the old joke about the seasons in Canada, eh?, there's last winter leaving and next winter coming.

Back
Top Bottom