• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Browser interface

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The one frustration I have using the browser, now that the app is gone, is not being able to see some of the images in entirety. I currently use Chrome. Ive also tried Safari and Puffin. Puffin did show the whole image, but posting was a nightmare. Is there a trick or something I don’t know?

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The one frustration I have using the browser, now that the app is gone, is not being able to see some of the images in entirety. I currently use Chrome. Ive also tried Safari and Puffin. Puffin did show the whole image, but posting was a nightmare. Is there a trick or something I don’t know?
Can you post a screenshot? I’m wondering if it is the same complaint I have with browsers on my iPad Pro. Too much white space on either side of the content. That’s pretty good if you only have one complaint.
I would also add, too much tiny text considering the size of the screen. It’s like a big view shrunk into a small space.

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I took a couple of screen shots, but they are too large to upload. Is there a quick way, other than cropping, to make the file smaller?

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I got it. I used Rizole’s tree from the MC challenge (sorry Rizole) This is landscape view which I prefer. I’m missing a great deal of the image.
509C273C-D793-4032-B67D-923091E7C72D.jpeg
D67D7A7B-EE45-466C-AC54-00B500C4BA0C.jpeg

Portrait view, better, but still not complete.

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
In a slide show the vertical photos end up smaller than the horizontals but in a thread you get a bigger image posting verticals.

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
This should now be sorted moving forward.
The rule:
.bbCodeImage {
max-width: 100% !important;
max-height: 100% !important;
}​
Makes pictures responsive to the width of the screen but not the height.
If I'm reading it right, none of the parent containers have a height value specified. That would make sense as they should expand downwards to fit the content of the post but then the pictures have no container that will make them vertically responsive in landscape. Something like this maybe, although I've not tested it :eek:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9432029/setting-element-height-in-responsive-layout#10265459

Smooth

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone X
The rule:
.bbCodeImage {
max-width: 100% !important;
max-height: 100% !important;
}...​

Correctamundo! But it also helps us manage the server loads if we don't have to invoke that so we're looking at the route of making the images smaller themselves upon upload.

Appreciate the link too - good work that rizole !​

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Currently the Mobi pages do not fill the screen width on my iPad or on my iMac. On my iPad the empty white space on either side of the content amounts to about 1/3 of the screen width.

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
If you are referring to how much empty space is on either side of the content then it has been reduced by about 40% on each side. I’m writing from my iPhone at the moment but I’ll make a screenshot and send it from my iPad. I wish I had made a screenshot from before. Although it seems that I did post one before somewhere.

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Perhaps a complicating factor is whether the user has an attached external keyboard on their iPad. If/when they do then they will be more or less stuck in horizontal orientation. I think when I’m not using my keyboard I use vertical orientation because that leaves more screen space when you call up the iOS keyboard.
Here is a horizontal view. I notice it is a little hard to see in the screenshot where the screen edges are but the Width of the header bar is a good reference.
1224B4C2-212B-4089-920F-FEBE747783DE.png

Here is the vertical layout. It shows up full width.
2C5BA33C-A846-4945-B384-ED103E451345.png

Here is a Vertical layout with a vertical photo. The entirety of the vertical photo cannot be seen all at once on the horizontal screen but I think I would rather turn my screen to see it full size rather than have it reduced in size to fit the screen
3DF96040-AE71-4021-AF64-BDF00005CB88.png

Smooth

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone X
That's chrome doing that I think. Have a look in Safari and I will see what I can do with Chrome. We might be on a juggling act though.