• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Brushes for iColorama

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I like both. I think the border worked out better here than on many of my images, but without is good, too.

Ah, I like this one much better. To my eye, that blue sky deserves 'expansive' . And seeing more of the water adds to that flow of water into sky ( love the play of light & colour in the water ).

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The actual collage look, is a physical collage. In the example above, I opened the second collage paper which has bits of a plate and then I used Effects>Blend to load the first one on top. I then went to the mask brushes and selected the snowflakes and dotted them around so that the bottom whitish layer showed through as snowflakes. I then went to Paint, chose your goose, picked out a colour from the background and stamped your goose. Next was the text. Then I choose Effects>Raise to give it that 3D look. Finally I blended in one of the old textures from ShadowHouse and cropped it a bit.

I love the textures by http://shadowhousecreations.blogspot.hk/. I downloaded loads of them and because he gives them free I have made a couple of donations. I keep about 20 on my ipad but I need to download a couple more onto my ipad. It's not quite enough.

I used to go through the hassle of making collages and sticking everything down. But now I just tear pieces out of a magazine and lay them down on a piece of paper and take photos. I now have a stash of these papers, some of which I have sanded with texture plates.

These three below I cut/tore out yesterday when I wanted to get rid of some magazines.
View attachment 85544

View attachment 85545

View attachment 85546

Ann, I came back to this post to try to recreate the steps so I could visualize it and was horrified to find I never thanked you for taking the time to do a step by step. Thank you so much!!! I'll sit myself in the corner as punishment! [emoji20]

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Ann, I came back to this post to try to recreate the steps so I could visualize it and was horrified to find I never thanked you for taking the time to do a step by step. Thank you so much!!! I'll sit myself in the corner as punishment! [emoji20]
Well, thanks for coming back with the thank you but just a Like is fine, Starzee.

Chris Wadsworth

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Chris Wadsworth
Ooo, that's really lovely! Think you've got it down totally. I looked at his stuff again and like yours, less saturation is better. Might see if I can dig out another of mine to try.

Many thanks Ann, it's great to have an iColorama expert around. One look and you nailed his flow, awesome stuff

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365

A few more pics, iColorama is starting to drag me in
I absolutely love the first image but it seems a bit dark to me possibly because my screen isn't light enough or yours is too light or the contrast is too low or my eyesight is just shot :confused::).

Great pic of the dog. My DH would love that photo.

Oh yessss, your on the slippery slope - I can see you slipping down to where Jilly and I are sitting on our stools in the counselling room :D.

Chris Wadsworth

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Chris Wadsworth
I absolutely love the first image but it seems a bit dark to me possibly because my screen isn't light enough or yours is too light or the contrast is too low or my eyesight is just shot :confused::).

Oh yessss, your on the slippery slope - I can see you slipping down to where Jilly and I are sitting on our stools in the counselling room :D.

Thank you Ann

Chris Wadsworth

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Chris Wadsworth

Better?