Brushes for iColorama

You use a free app called iC Brushes. Here I've chosen an existing group. To add to the group, I tap the landscape button with the + above the thumbnails.

View attachment 89999

I choose the artichoke image I've saved.

View attachment 90002

It is added to the group, and I choose the arrow at the upper right to save. I want to save the group within iC Brushes as well as to iColorama.

View attachment 90005

There's another step to get it into iColorama.

View attachment 90007

iColorama is opened and the group appears within Imported Brushes. Since the group was already there, it is appended, resulting in duplicates.

View attachment 90008

The brush is ready to use.

View attachment 90009

I had to pay $1.99 for it just now... [emoji53]

I see the brush inside iColorama but I can't figure out how to use it.

IMG_4465.PNG

Don't worry, be happy RoseCat [emoji41] I don't really get this brush thing just like you. I used it like some kind of a stamp a couple of times. It's frustrating feeling a bit stupid for not having understood how to use other brushes than the common ones but I think and hope that when I become more skilled with everything else in iC perhaps my brain can get a grip of the brushes too [emoji68]‍[emoji439]

View attachment 90011

Well, in the image above I used it as a brush mask. Below I've chosen a Background and Source under Brush>Rebound, and chose the artichoke as my brush.

IMG_1262.JPG

I stroke using that tip. The top is using the Rebound Preset, the boat using Plane.

IMG_1263.JPG

I tried to follow your steps but it seems the artichoke won't get "selected". I tap Brush at the bottom, tap on Imported, then tap the artichoke. It turns blue.

IMG_4465.jpg

But I don't see a *use this brush* type of selector, or a check mark or anything to confirm. So I tap the "x" in the upper right hoping its worked. When I try drawing it just draws a regular line, not an artichoke shape.

IMG_4466.JPG

If the brushtips are small enough and close enough together, any brush will give you a line. Like the top stroke below.

At the bottom, I've increased the Size, Spacing and Scattering, and you can begin to see the individual tips.

IMG_5013.JPG

Don't worry, be happy RoseCat
emoji41.png
I don't really get this brush thing just like you. I used it like some kind of a stamp a couple of times. It's frustrating feeling a bit stupid for not having understood how to use other brushes than the common ones but I think and hope that when I become more skilled with everything else in iC perhaps my brain can get a grip of the brushes too
emoji68.png
emoji439.png
Don't feel too bad. Brushes aren't easy to use especially not in their original form. I can spend lots of time trying a brush and the results are awful. Sometimes you just get the right photo and the right brush and most times you don't. Often I will blend it back with lots of versions and it doesn't look anything like the original.

Me me me!!!!! (except I have no idea how to get it inside iColorama [emoji15])

(You do know you'll be giving me iColorama lessons in June, right?? [emoji849][emoji16][emoji1366][emoji482][emoji179])

Aha! I watched Ann's video and saw I had to buy IC Brushes. [emoji1360] Artichoke imported!

Where do I sign up for the IColorama lessons??????

Where do I sign up for the IColorama lessons??????

If Apple would come up with a way to easily share screens between devices I'd be willing to work with people all over the world.

As it is, I've got a friend visiting Atlanta in April and she's already requested some in-person time for interactive lessons, rather than a video or text tutorial.

Wish I could get to London in June!

If Apple would come up with a way to easily share screens between devices I'd be willing to work with people all over the world.

As it is, I've got a friend visiting Atlanta in April and she's already requested some in-person time for interactive lessons, rather than a video or text tutorial.

Wish I could get to London in June!

Me too would like to go there - but my health and my wallet says no ☹️
As for iColorama it is mostly learning by doing. But what a joy if there was an iColorama ABC with a structured list of all the tools and what you can use them for. I mean not just how you use a specific tool technically but also why you should use it - this is not very clearly formulated by me - sorry [emoji52] I hardly understand what I am saying [emoji854]

Me too would like to go there - but my health and my wallet says no ☹️
As for iColorama it is mostly learning by doing. But what a joy if there was an iColorama ABC with a structured list of all the tools and what you can use them for. I mean not just how you use a specific tool technically but also why you should use it - this is not very clearly formulated by me - sorry [emoji52] I hardly understand what I am saying [emoji854]

Oh, I understand. One of the main requests I've gotten over the past four years is an iColorama book. Of course, it would have to include the options and sub options and what each does. But it would also need examples and explanations as to why you would use Rebound or Artist, Tone Lab or RGB Curves.

But that wouldn't be enough. You'd have to go into each preset and describe them. And what the sliders do for each preset. For example, you might not know until you operate the sliders that Style>Flat>18, once you manipulate the first and second Feature sliders, drops, blurs and darkens the brightest areas of the image.

IMG_1266.JPG

It would be a table-breaker of a book, and it would be outdated long before completion.

Oh, I understand. One of the main requests I've gotten over the past four years is an iColorama book. Of course, it would have to include the options and sub options and what each does. But it would also need examples and explanations as to why you would use Rebound or Artist, Tone Lab or RGB Curves.

But that wouldn't be enough. You'd have to go into each preset and describe them. And what the sliders do for each preset. For example, you might not know until you operate the sliders that Style>Flat>18, once you manipulate the first and second Feature sliders, drops, blurs and darkens the brightest areas of the image.

View attachment 90067

It would be a table-breaker of a book, and it would be outdated long before completion.

I know.... A lifetime wouldn't be enough.
Another great thing would be a crash course for dummies [emoji848][emoji851]

I know.... A lifetime wouldn't be enough.
Another great thing would be a crash course for dummies [emoji848][emoji851]

Well, I do have a two-part beginners tutorial, but you are past that now. Even these are out of date. For example, I say iColorama doesn't allow you to start with a blank canvas, but it does now.

https://enthusiasmnoted.wordpress.c...phy-apps-icolorama-from-the-beginning-part-1/

https://enthusiasmnoted.wordpress.c...phy-apps-icolorama-from-the-beginning-part-2/

Well, I do have a two-part beginners tutorial, but you are past that now. Even these are out of date. For example, I say iColorama doesn't allow you to start with a blank canvas, but it does now.

https://enthusiasmnoted.wordpress.c...phy-apps-icolorama-from-the-beginning-part-1/

https://enthusiasmnoted.wordpress.c...phy-apps-icolorama-from-the-beginning-part-2/

I did those two some time ago. I think I will take them again now that I am a tiny bit wiser. Often a good way for consolidating ones knowledge. That will be tonight's project as soon as I stopp playing with the ECP apps [emoji41]

Wow Jerry, I have been totally absorbed by your tutorials tonight and got many aha and wow moments. And a lot of fun [emoji68]‍[emoji439][emoji7] bad thing I have to go to work tomorrow. I would rather continue with the rest of your tutorials.... thanks again!

I've checked out quite a few of your tutorials. I'll definitely look at these. Even if they are outdated, I'm sure there are gems of insight in them.

Back
Top Bottom