• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

C vs B+W - I

Well, ...

• the coloured shot. That's the way to go!

• I'd prefer the mono one. No doubt about it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Hmmmm... I know this isn't an option :whistle: but I think combining the two would be perfect: keeping the B&W version with the yellow window from the color version. I think the building and street look better in B&W, but I like the yellow window better in color. :sneaky:

mwolfer

MobiLurver
Real Name
Melissa 'Mel'
Device
iPhone X
I can't vote in the app but like the color one that brings out the reflection.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Tough choice. The b/w is a classic image in which the gray tones bring out the repeating detail of the image. The color is anything but classic -- totally dominated by that chartreuse clashing against the lavender gray , to the point that the building becomes a minor character. I think which one feels "right" would depend on the context in which each is viewed.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Hmmm, I don't know if I've ever found myself disagreeing with RoseCat and JillyG and GroovyGouvy all at once before, but...

I don't think turning the image into a color splash by putting the color window in the b/w is the way to go. It'd look too artificial, I think. What makes the color version work for me is the strange color combo in what appears to be a "real" setting (captured rather than constructed, that is). Not as clear as I could be, but I hope you get the drift.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hmmm, I don't know if I've ever found myself disagreeing with RoseCat and JillyG and GroovyGouvy all at once before, but...

I don't think turning the image into a color splash by putting the color window in the b/w is the way to go. It'd look too artificial, I think. What makes the color version work for me is the strange color combo in what appears to be a "real" setting (captured rather than constructed, that is). Not as clear as I could be, but I hope you get the drift.
I love it surreal. [emoji16]

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

You're a brave man Ted - disagreeing with us three, using the word "captured" :eek:. :D And I love your Bluristic avatar.