• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

C vs B+W - I

Well, ...

• the coloured shot. That's the way to go!

• I'd prefer the mono one. No doubt about it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BoBo

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
... AKA "coloured versus black and white" - first release :)

Make up your mind :thumbs:
PS. please cover one of both images with your hand while you compare it.

image.jpg

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
In this case: colour. The yellow draws the attention to the picture. Wouldn't that be they'd be both the same.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Hmmmm... I know this isn't an option :whistle: but I think combining the two would be perfect: keeping the B&W version with the yellow window from the color version. I think the building and street look better in B&W, but I like the yellow window better in color. :sneaky:

mwolfer

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Melissa 'Mel'
Device
iPhone X
I can't vote in the app but like the color one that brings out the reflection.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hmmmm... I know this isn't an option :whistle: but I think combining the two would be perfect: keeping the B&W version with the yellow window from the color version. I think the building and street look better in B&W, but I like the yellow window better in color. :sneaky:
Yes, brilliant idea. :thumbs:

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Tough choice. The b/w is a classic image in which the gray tones bring out the repeating detail of the image. The color is anything but classic -- totally dominated by that chartreuse clashing against the lavender gray , to the point that the building becomes a minor character. I think which one feels "right" would depend on the context in which each is viewed.

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Hmmm, I don't know if I've ever found myself disagreeing with RoseCat and JillyG and GroovyGouvy all at once before, but...

I don't think turning the image into a color splash by putting the color window in the b/w is the way to go. It'd look too artificial, I think. What makes the color version work for me is the strange color combo in what appears to be a "real" setting (captured rather than constructed, that is). Not as clear as I could be, but I hope you get the drift.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hmmm, I don't know if I've ever found myself disagreeing with RoseCat and JillyG and GroovyGouvy all at once before, but...

I don't think turning the image into a color splash by putting the color window in the b/w is the way to go. It'd look too artificial, I think. What makes the color version work for me is the strange color combo in what appears to be a "real" setting (captured rather than constructed, that is). Not as clear as I could be, but I hope you get the drift.
I love it surreal. [emoji16]

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

You're a brave man Ted - disagreeing with us three, using the word "captured" :eek:. :D And I love your Bluristic avatar.