• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

C vs B+W - II

OK, ...

• A) the coloured one. No doubt about that.

• B) M-O-N-O!

Results are only viewable after voting.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Ooooo... the color version for me!! Really dynamic!

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Can't vote on this one because it's a toss-up between the two for me. It's interesting that, at a glance, the silhouette on b/w registers as sharper than the same on color, even though it's not really (as far as I can tell). I think I'd decide in favor of the color version if that yellow hot spot by the figure's leg was softer and more orange, like the area around the chair.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Oh, lovely! I love the tiny dotted line of light, and the faint squares and glows, breaking up the solid block. Agree with Ted re the seemingly sharper silhouette of the colour version: but not re the yellow light - I think that stronger difference works well with the more subtle differences of the faint glows etc as above.
B&w is fantastic, of course.
My suggestion would be to go Andy Warhol.

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Actually, when I saw the photo amongst the thumbnails I thought what I great photo with the double pics so I would take out the white line in the middle and leave it as it is!
I wish I'd thought of that... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BoBo

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Actually, when I saw the photo amongst the thumbnails I thought what I great photo with the double pics so I would take out the white line in the middle and leave it as it is!
That's indeed possible.
I've used the following app to create it ... :)

„LiveCollage - Instant Collage Maker & Photo Editor & FX Editor FREE“ by click2mobile
https://appsto.re/de/IsCPF.i

image.jpg

Last edited:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I agree with the bunch, even though they are close to tie, I'd prefer the colour one, because in there something is happening within the dark area on the right. In the B&W it's just dark. It may be it's just on my device. I bet on a monitor you can make out more in the darkness. Maybe of brighter adjustments. But not on my pod. And because of no action there I'd cut it dramatically. [emoji4]

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I'd prefer the colour one, because in there something is happening within the dark area on the right. In the B&W it's just dark. It may be it's just on my device. I bet on a monitor you can make out more in the darkness.
This case is one of those where I see quite a difference between my iPad screen and my desktop monitor. On the monitor (hooked to a Mac), I see more detail in the dark area of both the b/w and color, but always more in the color than in the b/w. So when I view on the iPad, I prefer the color, which shows a hint of detail where the b/w shows nothing. But on the desktop monitor, I prefer the b/w, which now shows hints of detail while the color shows too much.

I never claimed to be normal.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
This case is one of those where I see quite a difference between my iPad screen and my desktop monitor. On the monitor (hooked to a Mac), I see more detail in the dark area of both the b/w and color, but always more in the color than in the b/w. So when I view on the iPad, I prefer the color, which shows a hint of detail where the b/w shows nothing. But on the desktop monitor, I prefer the b/w, which now shows hints of detail while the color shows too much.

I never claimed to be normal.
That's what I meant. Even between the same kind of the devices can be a big difference. That's why monitors should be calibrated if you want to see what you print before you do. Though even that is not guaranteed. It depends also on the printer. [emoji16]