Camera Noir by Vintage Noir

The Mix tool is what it has that you don't find in Snapseed and elsewhere. It lets you adjust the luminosity of different colors in the conversion to grayscale. (I think luminosity is the right word.) It's similar to the B/W filter in Photoshop CS, if that helps?

If you just desaturated a color image, you might find that a green and a blue came out as the same gray. With the Mix tool, you could make one a lighter gray (and both darker than reds, etc.).

If you don't need that particular trick, then I don't see any big advantage for Camera Noir.
Hmmm....sounds fancy and a bit techy (?) but I'll try it. Might prove useful.... Thanks! :thumbs:

Is this app better than Lenka??? Thank you in advance.
They're different, so it depends on what you're after. Lenka is a camera app that gives you a particular monochrome look with some adjustments. Camera Noir does include a camera to shoot in b/w, but it's mainly a post-processing app. It has many options for converting and adjusting photos, so it's both more complex and more flexible.

Lenka is more for people who like its look and just want to shoot b/w photos without a lot of fiddling. Camera Noir is more for people who like to fiddle and want different b/w looks depending on the photo.

They're different, so it depends on what you're after. Lenka is a camera app that gives you a particular monochrome look with some adjustments. Camera Noir does include a camera to shoot in b/w, but it's mainly a post-processing app. It has many options for converting and adjusting photos, so it's both more complex and more flexible.

Lenka is more for people who like its look and just want to shoot b/w photos without a lot of fiddling. Camera Noir is more for people who like to fiddle and want different b/w looks depending on the photo.
I see the difference now! Thank you for this useful and very good explanation [emoji3][emoji108]

nice images, but aren't there a lot of these b/w apps about? I really don't see the point in paying for something that the free snapseed does so well. I've read Ted's answer and I'm not convinced !!

Back
Top Bottom