Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Cancer Nurse, Loves taking Pictures with his Camera Phone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Coronation80, 1 December 2018.

1. Coronation80

Coronation80 MobiStarlet

Stephen Lang
    Device:
    Sony
    Hi Folks

I am a Senior research Nurse in an Oncology (Cancer Centre), Love travelling and taking photographs on my mobile. Observing folks and things Looking forward to enjoying this community site

stephen.lang34_2017-09-11_15-02-00_21568517_1901840500079849_1411086688779763712_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 1 December 2018
    lisamjw, Lzed, younger and 6 others like this.
  2. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone Xs Max
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Welcome to Mobitog Stephen. Lovely to have you here. You’ve come to exactly the right place if you’re interested in mobile photography. What country do you call home? We’d love to see some more of your photographs and if you need any help with anything, just shout out and we’ll all try to help.:thumbs:

Last edited: 1 December 2018
    RoseCat likes this.
  3. Venomator

Venomator MobiAdmin Admin Site Staff

Rog...
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Coronation80 - Hi Stephen and very warm welcome to the Global Mobile Photography Community that is MobiTog, it is great to have you join us... :D

That is an excellent first iMage to kick off your postings here in the community... ;)

We are very pleased you have made it to our awesome community, you will find the community extremely relaxed and laid back, we look forward to helping you make the most of your Mobile Photography... :thumbs:

Please feel free to join in with any and all the activities that you fancy - we welcome newcomers active participation with open arms and we look forward to seeing more of you within the community... :)

For help using MobiTog, general guidance and other assistance, including how to use the Gallery and post iMages, there are loads of useful items in the How Do I Section just click > HERE

And RoseCat will be along shortly to give you even more helpful pointers, but the best advice is just to leap right in and join in anywhere and everywhere you fancy we are quite a friendly bunch really... ;)

Hopefully, you will enjoy our humble offerings and will then spread the word to all of your Mobile Photography addicted acquaintances, friends, family and everyone else you can think of to help us share the MobiLurve around the globe... :inlove:

If you should need any assistance at all figuring anything MobiTog, or Mobile Photography generally, just shout up, everyone here is so very helpful, otherwise just enjoy your new family of likewise addicted Mobile Photographers... :rog:

Carol, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  4. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Welcome to MobiTog Stephen! What a lovely, poignant image. And I have great respect and admiration for nurses. :notworthy: So glad you joined us! You have most definitely come to the right place to meet new people, learn about mobile photography and hone your skills. :thumbs: Take a look around, maybe join a challenge or two, and feel free to ask us any questions - our MobiCommunity are a super friendly and helpful bunch of mobile photography addicts enthusiasts!! :D

Here's some information that might prove useful as you find your way around:

At the top right of the website you'll see a big question mark -->?<-- labeled Help - click on that any time and it will bring you to our detailed help section. You can also click this link: https://www.mobitog.com/index.php?help/

Visit our "How Do I..." forum, where you'll find all sorts of tips and tricks to help you find your way around more easily: How Do I...

The MobiTog Community is set out in four main areas or sections:

Community
    Here we welcome everyone, post announcements and take in your suggestions and comments.

Image Sharing
    Self-explanatory and broken down into sub-sections clearly named to make it easy to find a topic of your choice. It is here that you post your images.

Mobitography Discussion
    For general conversations and discussions about all things mobile photography related.

Members Area
    An exclusive MobiMembers-only section. Feel free to discuss things with other members - and find out about Top Secret stuff not for public consumption!

Important note: Please remember that only images originated on a mobile device (iOS or Android) can be posted to this community. No pictures created on a DSLR or compact camera are allowed.

Handy Tip: At the top of the site in the orange bar you'll see "New Posts", and clicking/tapping on it will take you to all the unread new posts that occurred since your last visit. Note: If there's just too many there to deal with, and you're really anal like me you can go up to the top and select "Mark Discussions Read" - and choose just a specific area to 'clear out', for example App Discussions, or choose all discussions which will clear everything and allow you to sort of 'start fresh'. That way the next time you go into New Posts, there will just be the most recent posts since you "erased" everything.

Also when you hover over your username in the very top right, you have an option to choose "Ignore New Posts", and select any forums/discussions that you DON'T want to show up.

We have lots of great challenges to help hone your skills and have loads of fun doing it, like JillyG Jilly's Black & White Challenge, and for the color-minded we have MobiColor, a fun group challenge Elements of Surprise (EOS), and a super interesting and fun challenge Time Stamp run by FundyBrian where everyone around the globe posts up an image on the same day and time. Check them out in our Competitions & Challenges forum!!

Lastly, if you have any questions on anything at all be sure to give us a shout out!

JillyG likes this.
  5. rizole

rizole In for it!

Device:
    Samsung
    Hey Coronation80. Welcome to the site. Looking forward to your stuff. :D

JillyG and Carol like this.
  6. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Welcome and lovely image!

JillyG likes this.
  7. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone Xs Max
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’ve just been having a look at all of the photos that you’ve downloaded and it’s a fabulous body of work! :thumbs: Not many black and whites, which I’m disappointed about (me being the overseer of the Black & White Challenge), but I’m sure we can do something about that!:lol: There are so many in there that would be suitable for this week’s Mobi Colour Challenge theme of Maximalism. I know you’ve put one in already, but choosing just one must have been difficult.:D I see that you’re already an excellent photographer and I look forward to learning from you!:)

If anyone else would like to take a look, find them here, under Photos:
    https://mobitog.com/members/coronation80.7531/

RoseCat likes this.
  8. Coronation80

Coronation80 MobiStarlet

Stephen Lang
    Device:
    Sony
    Hi Jilly G. I have just uploaded a few of my B&W images. I hope you approve. Thanks for your lovely comments. Here is one I call "Woosh"

26730680_1951915891796249_5950265045764452755_n.jpg

lisamjw, younger, ImageArt and 3 others like this.
  9. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone Xs Max
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    As I thought, you’re just as good in black and white as you are in colour. I look forward to the Black and White Challenge receiving some of your wonderful work. :thumbs:

By the way, in order to get the full picture into the post, could you press Insert. :)

lisamjw, ImageArt and Venomator like this.
  10. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Wow! Loved scrolling through your album Coronation80 Stephen! There’s one of a building with big circular discs that looks very much like a building GroovyGouvy made too... wonder if you all are “neighbors”. And yes, I saw several that fit this week’s MobiColor theme, and quite a few B&Ws put in the middle of all the color images (better get some submitted to Jilly’s challenge so she doesn’t feel left out :inlove: ).

lisamjw and JillyG like this.
  11. Coronation80

Coronation80 MobiStarlet

Stephen Lang
    Device:
    Sony
    Building is part of Selfridges, shopping centre in Birminghams (Uk) old market are known as the "Bullring". I dont live there. I live in Bristol in the South West of England. Love the community site here. Trying to get my head around all the rules is something, but Im sure I will work it out. I have championed mobile phone photography with ny friends for years, hate selfies but love the imagery that can be captured otherwise. Thanks for having me as part of the community xx

12. sinnerjohn

sinnerjohn Smooth Bug Catcher

John
    Device:
    Samsung
    Alright me luvver ? ;) (traditional Bristollian greeting)
    Welcome to MobiTog, the BEST mobile phone photography forum on the block. Nice to see someone else not using an iphone as well :D

13. Coronation80

Coronation80 MobiStarlet

Stephen Lang
    Device:
    Sony
    Thanks mate. Are you from Bristol? I live here with Mrs but Im frim Greenock, West Scotland... Och Aye.

lisamjw, ImageArt, RoseCat and 2 others like this.
  14. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone Xs Max
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    ... the noo!

lisamjw and ImageArt like this.
  15. Coronation80

Coronation80 MobiStarlet

Stephen Lang
    Device:
    Sony
    The noo.. Indeed hen x

lisamjw, ImageArt and JillyG like this.
  16. sinnerjohn

sinnerjohn Smooth Bug Catcher

John
    Device:
    Samsung
    Nooooooo although I have a good friend from Bristol, I'm nearer to that Bullring !!

17. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Oh! I think that is the same building as @GroovyGouvy’s.... but she doesn’t live there either. :D

You’ve certainly found the right group of people here - champions of mobile photography, and mostly non-selfie types. :lol:

lisamjw and JillyG like this.
  18. Starzee

Starzee MobiLurver MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Huh???

19. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone Xs Max
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    :lmao: It’s a Scottish thing. Och aye the noo. Well, I say it’s a Scottish thing, but I don’t think it is. I’ve only ever heard a Scot say och aye, which means “oh yes”. The noo means “just now”. I think it’s an English person’s idea of what a Scot might say.o_O

lisamjw, ImageArt and RoseCat like this.
  20. Starzee

Starzee MobiLurver MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Ahh, all clear up.:confused:

lisamjw, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  21. lisamjw

lisamjw MobiStaff Site Staff

Lisa Waddell