• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

Car mount

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Hey guys. Need some help. I’ve never had an iphone/cell phone mount for my cars. Just a little magnetic vent one. We bought a new car over the weekend and want to get a mount that stays in it permanently. I was looking on amazon but just couldn’t decide. So thought I’d come ask all of you.

Is there a mount you love and would recommend? My husband wants one that charges his phone (he uses a note9) but that’s not something I need (at least not till I upgrade). We can’t have any that attach to the windshield (state law). Which ones have you used that you love, and which ones have you disliked?

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Hey guys. Need some help. I’ve never had an iphone/cell phone mount for my cars. Just a little magnetic vent one. We bought a new car over the weekend and want to get a mount that stays in it permanently. I was looking on amazon but just couldn’t decide. So thought I’d come ask all of you.

Is there a mount you love and would recommend? My husband wants one that charges his phone (he uses a note9) but that’s not something I need (at least not till I upgrade). We can’t have any that attach to the windshield (state law). Which ones have you used that you love, and which ones have you disliked?
This isn’t “permanent” but it works flawlessly and is so inexpensive. No sliding around the dash, holds the iPhone perfectly and at a good angle, simple in design and adjustable... No sticking things to windows. I love it.

IPOW Car Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPBQ7JW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_buGTCb4X60J9N

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
This isn’t “permanent” but it works flawlessly and is so inexpensive. No sliding around the dash, holds the iPhone perfectly and at a good angle, simple in design and adjustable... No sticking things to windows. I love it.

IPOW Car Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPBQ7JW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_buGTCb4X60J9N
Thanks, Cat. I was looking at something similar but hubby wanted the fancy “fast charging” one :rolleyes: I went ahead and ordered it since he wanted it so much.

I’ll probably get something different after the novelty wears off lol. I used my little magnet one that clips to the air vent today and it worked really well. (Better in this vehicle than my previous one) My kids are always grabbing the phone to control the music selection, so the simpler the holder the better. He wants something that firmly holds the phone from all angles. I’m thinking he’ll get tired of having to pop it in and out of the little grabby arms.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

I had something similar that I loved but always worried that if there was an accident it might come hurtling towards me. I now have one that fits into the CD slot which works great although I did prefer having it higher on the dashboard.

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365

I wasn’t looking for one but may get this anyway. I have a GPS in my car, but there are many times when Google Maps is just easier. And, I’m thinking it would be an excellent impromptu tripod.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
He wants something that firmly holds the phone from all angles. I’m thinking he’ll get tired of having to pop it in and out of the little grabby arms.
I had one like that prior to this one, and I hated it. I needed both hands to pop it in and out, so that wasn’t convenient at all, and it kept tipping over.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I had something similar that I loved but always worried that if there was an accident it might come hurtling towards me. I now have one that fits into the CD slot which works great although I did prefer having it higher on the dashboard.
I get it, and I had one that was like that - UGH. This one is remarkably “sticky” (not literally, but it just doesn’t move and I’ve been on some crappy bumpy roads).

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus

Thanks, Cat! I’ve been wanting something simple for the dash and the millions of versions do my head in. I’ll get that bcs you like it :thumbs:

Great idea! And I’ve used it to watch videos.
Not while driving, I hope :mobibabe:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus

ValeriGail good to see you :inlove: And you may have noticed one or two subtle requests for your presence in our new 2Weekly APPstract Challenge :mobibabe: Just one or two. Gentle suggestions, iykwim :mobibabe::mobibabe:

Last edited:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Thanks, Cat! I’ve been wanting something simple for the dash and the millions of versions do my head in. I’ll get that bcs you like it :thumbs:
Great! Looking forward to hearing what you think. And yessssssss re the gazillion versions. Searching gave me Amazon Explosion Headache. :barf:
Not while driving, I hope :mobibabe:
:lol: Egads no. I’ve turned into one of those drivers who honk, glare and point like a madwoman at people driving while looking at their phones. :whistle::mobibabe:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Great! Looking forward to hearing what you think. And yessssssss re the gazillion versions. Searching gave me Amazon Explosion Headache. :barf:

:lol: Egads no. I’ve turned into one of those drivers who honk, glare and point like a madwoman at people driving while looking at their phones. :whistle::mobibabe:
It’s weird how the message that Engaging With Your Phone While Driving will compromise your concentration/focus & capacity to respond to the unexpected message doesn’t have a lot of traction. Even (over here at least) with quite substantial fines if you’re caught.

Maybe it’s a demographic thing. Over here, a very young woman just went to prison for causing a fatal crash on a freeway. She was driving and texting her bf about being late or somesuch - five or six messages exchanged up till seconds before the crash. Her passenger died.

Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t possibly read the screen let alone find the keys to write a text (and drive). But you’d think most normal healthy non-drug-addled adults would have a degree of capacity for ‘consequential thinking’ (if this then that). Or at least see the TV/newspaper reports.....

Funny the blind spots in we amazingly intelligent human species :feet:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
It’s weird how the message that Engaging With Your Phone While Driving will compromise your concentration/focus & capacity to respond to the unexpected message doesn’t have a lot of traction. Even (over here at least) with quite substantial fines if you’re caught.

Maybe it’s a demographic thing. Over here, a very young woman just went to prison for causing a fatal crash on a freeway. She was driving and texting her bf about being late or somesuch - five or six messages exchanged up till seconds before the crash. Her passenger died.

Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t possibly read the screen let alone find the keys to write a text (and drive). But you’d think most normal healthy non-drug-addled adults would have a degree of capacity for ‘consequential thinking’ (if this then that). Or at least see the TV/newspaper reports.....

Funny the blind spots in we amazingly intelligent human species :feet:
I see people texting, reading stuff/scrolling, and once I think the guy was watching a video, while driving on the Turnpike at 70+ miles per hour. :angry: Not that it’s okay to do while you’re on a slower local road either, but on a high speed 3-4 lane road where the majority of people are driving 80+ miles per hour and shifting in and out of lanes is so utterly stupid, incredibly selfish, and criminal. But they never get caught because there’s really no police on these highways. And to try and photograph them in the act then copy down their make/model/license plate and report them would just put me in that same category of reckless stupidity. So I honk and point when I can. :mobibabe:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
This was advertised on Instagram. Looks pretty neat:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Looks good, thank you, Ann.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Looks cool, but very specific to that type of dash. I would have nothing to clip it on.